Shez on Moaners

<Puts doom and gloom hat on>

If he knows wots rong he shuld sort it out not moan about it in the press, bloody sherriden, sort it out ffs.

<Takes doom and gloom hat off>

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Maybe it would be best if he doesn't then.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't take this site as a barometer of the fans' opinion over whether Sheridan stays or goes.

Posters tend to be the kind who are so interested in Latics they spend all day on here. Most fans aren't that Latics mad and are a bit more detached from the club.

I'd say at the moment you're looking at 50/50.

It would help if people actually read what Sheridan said rather than looking for what they want to take out of it.

if they want to have a go, have a go at me.

This is just the same as when Gregan had a go at the moaners and abusers earlier in the season and was pilloried for making excuses and expecting an easy ride for his wages. In fact, both of them are asking the crowd not to give a pile of abuse to very young players who are likely to be affected by it far more than the experienced pros and management. It’s not about what you think about Sheridan, it’s about what you are doing to 19 and 20 year olds who are trying their best for the team in difficult circumstances.

Shez tells fans to stay at home. Wonder what TTA think of that? Heard him on Radio Manchester this morning as good as writing this season off. Has Gerald Ratner been giving him lessons in PR?

Selective quoting Guernica. Shez actually said 'I would rather the one or two moaners stayed at home'. Big difference.

Your post is worthless, hence nobody bothering to respond to it until me.

Must try harder.

Stitch - in my opinion your opinion is worthless.

Although I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post.

Good effort.

I was merely highlighting your mistake by providing a fact.....the only opinion expressed was one of YOUR post (which was factually wrong for the purpose of being inflamatory).....thus I thought my opinion may be of interst to you.

Full marks.

I don't remember a big "Shez in" campaign. I remember him being given the job as a cheap option as trying dinosaurs had failed.

There was no need or time for a campaign. The board knew who many fans wanted and acted swiftly.....the calls for Shez to be appointed were pre Moore. Maybe you can remember that.....

I was merely highlighting your mistake by providing a fact.....the only opinion expressed was one of YOUR post (which was factually wrong for the purpose of being inflamatory).....thus I thought my opinion may be of interst to you.

Full marks.

Stitch, I have to admit to almost replying to Guernica's post with something along the lines of "get a f****g grip" but thought that may be construed as not being 'constructive enough'.

Totally agree with your sentiment by the way.

It's like living in a parallel universe - this site and actually talking/listening to people at BP. Most on this board tends to offer support for Sheridan, but fans i hear and talk to actually don't like Sheridan and would sack tomorrow. They are, at best, very frustrated at the poor quality of football at home, the high turnover of players, lack of planning and organisation and the impression left by Sheridan (ie thick). I've not actually met anyone who disagrees - until I come on here. No matter how happy and clappy you like to be, the bottom line is that there is a great deal of discontent at the standard of football dished out over the last 12 months.

What happens when sheridan goes though? who the :censored: comes in? i am genuinely worried about where this club will head with another new man in charge! Whether you like Shez or not is noone else worried by the revolving door to the managers office. A new man will not guarantee success TTA will not keep giving new managers money to spend just to have to sack them every 2 years for coming in the top half, we dont have the resources to keep going like this. If we do keep doing this and the new guy buys in and :censored:s up royally this club will be heading down and then i really fear for its future!!

so does that give someone the right to eff and jeff at someone cause what they have paid to see isn't happening???

if a bus driver gets caught in a traffic jam, is it OK to verbally abuse the driver?

if the steak you ordered in a restaurant isn't exactly how you want it, do you verbally abuse the chef??

i get frustrated and mad with the best of them, but you'll never get me screaming obscenities at any manager or player we have!

the day that a player publicly states that the reason why he hasn't signed for us is simply because of the way our fans treat our players is, in my opinion, not that far away......if it hasn't happened already!

Richard Butcher? :wink:

There is also another player who decided against staying with us and one of the main reasons was the fact he thought the fans were always getting on peoples backs. I wouldnt like to comment on who that player was though <_<

More fans have stopped coming to games this season than post in favour of Sheridan on here.

I don’t doubt that for a second. I’m sure there have been times this season, and most seasons, when even the happiest most clappingest of us have walked out of the ground muttering curses about the crap we’ve just seen – and we all know fans who would find fault if we were winning 7 nil and they were getting a nosh off a supermodel – so it’s not a surprise that some aren’t coming every week. It’s been happening for a while now whenever things aren’t 100% great. What can we do though? I choose to look for the positives, and there are actually quite a few of them about.

When Man United put a below par performance on at Old Trafford it has been known for fans to boo them off the pitch, are we saying some players will give Fergie and co a miss incase they get a bit of stick everynow and then ? This booing and barracking buisiness has got out of hand because anyone would think it has been like this at BP since day one and it simple has not. We will always have a number of moaners no matter what but we are getting more at the moment due to this season being dissapointing compared to the last one.

Our last few finishes have been:

Play-offs

Nearly play-offs

Nearly relegation

Mid table after flirt with relegation

Play-offs

9th

I can understand why people have been a bit let down this season as compared to the last few years it has been pretty dull, we have chopped and changed managers recently and nearly gone down and nearly gone up, after that lot a bit of consolidation and building would seem dull.

I think people have mixed up "excitement" or "exciting football" with the rollercoaster we have been on for pretty much the last 5 or so years. Nearly every game has had something else riding on it such as:

Win this to stay up

Win this to get in the play-offs

Lose this and we are down

Lose this and Talbot/Moore have to go

Whats the new manager going to be like

Ooh, we have Luke Beckett

:censored:, Beckett is injured

What the hell is Butcher supposed to be doing

I can't believe he is still playing Butcher

This Taylor lad looks good

Forbes is useless

Good game there from Wellens

Christ Porter is injured again

Same for Killen

Blimey Porter could get 20 goals

Porter has got 20 goals

Will he stay

Where is our next goal coming from

Now Gregan is out

And that is just the tip of the iceberg!

Stitch - what was factually incorrect? He's told fans to stay away hasn't he?

No he hasnt. He said we need fans to get behind us but would rather those few who wait for a reason to moan stay away. The interview is on Latics World have a watch.

More fans have stopped coming to games this season than post in favour of Sheridan on here.

Now that is a worthwhile point, and I will take it onboard. However those who dont come dont do so purely because of Shez, although admittedly for reasons you could indirectly blame on Shez. Also the recent diminished attendances have been partly due to cold tuesdays, fixture pile up blah blah blah. They will be back.

Shez firmly in - for everything he has done wrong he has done something right.

I'm not going to defend the Shez-outers, because in my opinion they're a bunch of deluded fools.

However, I will say this.

Anyone who thinks our fans are any different to the fans of any other club in the league are just plain wrong. Every club has its moaners, doom merchants and boo-boys. And they're just as noisy (in fact often alot noisier) than they are here.

No he hasnt. He said we need fans to get behind us but would rather those few who wait for a reason to moan stay away. The interview is on Latics World have a watch.

Now that is a worthwhile point, and I will take it onboard. However those who dont come dont do so purely because of Shez, although admittedly for reasons you could indirectly blame on Shez. Also the recent diminished attendances have been partly due to cold tuesdays, fixture pile up blah blah blah. They will be back.

Shez firmly in - for everything he has done wrong he has done something right.

like i said he will have my backing for another 18 months.

but just talk to people around the town who you know are latics fans and ask there opinion.

facts are facts and attendances have been down on last year,and that has something to do with the product on the pitch and the noises coming from bp.

yes ronnie moore got us to 10th,then was sacked because season ticket sales had alledgedly plummeted due to his style of football,dont forget at the time there was also a raging debate over the new no smoking policy,and plenty of people were saying that they wouldnt come if they couldnt have a smoke anymore.

so were the ticket sales down due to ronnie moore or the smoking ban????? was ronnie moore used as a scapegoat because the majority where in favour of bringing in sheridan......

he wasnt the cheap option if you take into the consideration of paying moore and his team off,the cheapper option would of been to let him stay out his contract.

so when ticket sales go on sale this year......how down will be the sales....and dont forget,you cant use the smoking ban this time round.