Songs at BP

All the we love Ritchie got a little on my tits yesterday ....... ummm thought Shez was our manager.

and when he saw the Oldham said I fancy that,

he could have stayed at ManU or Leeds when they were s*****

But when he saw the Oldham he said f******* dynamite

All the we love Ritchie got a little on my tits yesterday ....... ummm thought Shez was our manager.

and when he saw the Oldham said I fancy that,

he could have stayed at ManU or Leeds when they were s*****

But when he saw the Oldham he said f******* dynamite

Nobody sings the second verse these days (adapted to past tense), in spite of my efforts in Bournemouth to teach the younger singers amongst us:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Andy Ritchie's magic he wears a magic hat

He played for Oldham Athletic

He's such a lovely chap

He scored goals with his left foot

He scored goals with his right

But when we played Man City

He scored all feckin' night!

Be nice to have a song for Mark Allott after this seasons efforts....even just "walking in an Allott wonderland" would suffice IMO!

As for my likes and dislikes, "Build a bonfire" is one of my favourites! And the "Ta-da-da, da-da-da-dar! etc....Oldham...."

Utterly despise the "Oldham till I die" song and will never ever sing it! It's a Man :censored:ty song and always will be!

Be nice to have a song for Mark Allott after this seasons efforts....even just "walking in an Allott wonderland" would suffice IMO!

As for my likes and dislikes, "Build a bonfire" is one of my favourites! And the "Ta-da-da, da-da-da-dar! etc....Oldham...."

Utterly despise the "Oldham till I die" song and will never ever sing it! It's a Man :censored:ty song and always will be!

But yet Im sure youll sing no ney never which is a Burnley song.

But yet Im sure youll sing no ney never which is a Burnley song.

I will indeed....for several reasons. The main ones being coz I don't hate Burnley like I hate Man :censored:ty....and coz "City till I die" is their motto (they have all types of memorabilia with it on) very much like we have "Keep the faith".......just couldn't imagine them going around with KTF on somehow!

Which Doncaster were singing on Easter Monday!

yeah but their version is rubbish.

Can't beat OWTB, the good thing about Latics is that at least we have original chants, whereas sides like Swindon, Bournemouth etc always copy the same old pattern (I'd hate it if/when we sing the following):

"by far the greatest team"

"ta na na naaar........."

"...........til I die"

"everywhere we go"

the good thing about Latics is that at least we have original chants

That's my point I don't think we do.

And if Donny do Zigga Zagga then I just wonder if that was truly ours. According to my Dad that song started in the 50's with the Zigga Zagga boys who used to stand in The Chaddy, maybe one of the more senior members on the board could help out with that.

I hope Donny copied us and not the other way around :(

Edited by ghostofcecere

That's my point I don't think we do.

And if Donny do Zigga Zagga then I just wonder if that was truly ours. According to my Dad that song started in the 50's with the Zigga Zagga biys who used to stand in The Chaddy, maybe one of the more senior members on the board could help out with that.

I hope Donny copied us and not the other way around :(

Apparently, it originated when a few Public Schoolboys from Chadderton went to the Olympics (don't know when or where). They came back and started singing Zigga Zagga, Zigga Zagga as they had adapted it from some aparently German chant.

This is of course true and was even discussed with Mr Mike Parry on TalkSport a few weeks ago.

Guest sheridans_world

Forest away this season was brilliant. Songs i have never heard before such as

"If you believe in robin hood then your gay."

And

"Does he bum his merry men...............sideways"

but most of all

FREE THE BURTON TWO!!!!

On the front of our own songs correct me if im wrong but isnt one banana two banana one ours and also Oldham Oldham Oldham sung almost to the tune of a hymn ( or at least I think). By the way I hate that one banana two banana song as its always started by the nob end known as mr Chaddy End or so he thinks. he also starts come in a taxi and small town in wherever which are :censored: songs. Another one is youre not singing anymore when people start it when the opposition havent sung barely all game.

I do very much like Yorkshire hatred songs and sit down and behave yourself. Stand up if you love Oldham is only good to pish stewards off tbh although I prefer the old Jump around if you love Oldham as it always seems to be freezing at Latics

I apologise for the language, however...

There's only one Mark Allott,

Only one Mark Allott,

He used to be :censored:e,

But now he's alright,

Walking in an Allott wonderland!

i also hate lettttttts get ready to rumbleeeeeeeeee when the players come out.

I hate that as well....it's just not a football/English thing.

I love OWTB, when it really gets going it is awesome and a great atmospheric chant.

I hate the Tom Hark - Piranhas music/goading to the opposition, mainly because just like the rest of the FL we've stole it from....whoever did it first.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I love OWTB, when it really gets going it is awesome and a great atmospheric chant.

I hate the Tom Hark - Piranhas music/goading to the opposition, mainly because just like the rest of the FL we've stole it from....whoever did it first.

Reminds me of being on a ride at the fair!

I was thinking before how good it would be if all the fans chanting OWTB when they enter the pitch but I can't see it catching on in the Main Stand and NSM Upper, we've done it at away game in the past mind, like at Leeds this season

• 1 month later...
T- Teee

I - Ayyee

T- Teeee

S- Essss

What do you do with them - HOLD EM CHA CHA CAH HOLD EM CHA CHA CHA

tryed that at crewe but only one person joined in still a top song and unique to us

just dont finish it with" put your head between em and go wibble wibble wibble " whilst looking at a buxum west yorkshire wpc it cost £15 to get back in houmerless bitch !

Edited by peanuts

i dont particularly like the ee i o chant when its sung by the man sitting behind me in the main stand paddock who sings "up the football, here we go" which really doesnt make sense. He is also positive that wolfy is infact matty barlow.