constantine

Guest sheridans_world

Just on the loans (cant see it above if anyone else has clarified).

We can extend loans of players already at the club (I.e. O'Donnel, Constantine, Livermore) but we cant take new ones.

Although i think we may be allowed seven-day emergency loans?

would be a shame all round if Leon didint stay - if he goes bak to dirty leeds he prob be sat on the bench at best - behind freedman and beckford

he is one of the best readers of the game we have had for a while and now is looking sharper would have been great to lead the front line to the end of the season and possible beyond

I think Leon is about to become the victim of a 'strategic recall' this week. Corney said last night that he has one game left on his loan period but they fully expected Leeds to recall him this week ("probably on Friday night knowing Leeds" were his actual words) as they just couldn't see how Leeds would want a fit and scoring striker banging in goals for a potential play off rival.

I think Leon is about to become the victim of a 'strategic recall' this week. Corney said last night that he has one game left on his loan period but they fully expected Leeds to recall him this week ("probably on Friday night knowing Leeds" were his actual words) as they just couldn't see how Leeds would want a fit and scoring striker banging in goals for a potential play off rival.

Very true...

There is however a slight niggle in the back of my mind that perhaps even Leeds were having the purse strings tightened, and GMac (the lesser) was told that to bring in freedman, he needed to clear the books of another striker.... even for leeds having Freedman, beckford, kandol, Elding, Constantine (and perma-crock Flo??) on thier books must be one hell of a stretch... Gmac obviously doesnt rate him, as he brought in Freedman and Elding...

Think its unlikely he will stay - but theres hope!

Back onto the subject of Constantine, I'd be glad if we could extend his loan because he's a good influence on the younger players in the team. Example during the Hudds match, Taylor overhit the ball and Constantine was unable to run onto it and instead of berating him, Constantine just told him to keep his chin up. I know it was only a small thing but that kind of positivity can easily give the younger ones a bit of a confidence boost

Good point, I noticed that. Also if you look at Jarret's first goal on Saturday whilst he runs away celebrating and others follow him, Leon runs straight to Smalley who'd done all the hard work.I'd keep him and I think Leeds might let us. He won't get a game and they won't be seeing us as a threat. If we catch them then others will have been in front of them as well. To play without one recognised striker could seriously damage the confience of the youngsters.

Good point, I noticed that. Also if you look at Jarret's first goal on Saturday whilst he runs away celebrating and others follow him, Leon runs straight to Smalley who'd done all the hard work.I'd keep him and I think Leeds might let us. He won't get a game and they won't be seeing us as a threat. If we catch them then others will have been in front of them as well. To play without one recognised striker could seriously damage the confience of the youngsters.

he seems like a really decent bloke, try and keep him at all costs! Taylor obviously thinks so too, he was trying to get the fans in lookers behind him after the goal.

he seems like a really decent bloke, try and keep him at all costs! Taylor obviously thinks so too, he was trying to get the fans in lookers behind him after the goal.

I think Constantine was also trying to stop Taylor getting booked for his celebration to. He was making gestures to the referee like it was his fault (Leon's) for pushing taylor in the back when celebrating (even though he was nowhere near him at the time :blush: ).