I saw the advert for it, think it was in the programme but it said it was for OASA, I am not in OASA so didn't think I would get in. Plus if I recall correctly it was in Royton Conservative club - I have no intention of giving my hard earned money to them #######.

I have been to Royton con club once for a Latics do when it was the forum with Talbot, Holden and TTA but have nightmares about it to this day, the fact I darkened a con club kills me.

Whats more, a Monday night is not the night for these sort of things, I for one am knackered on a Monday and can not be arsed going back out again once I have got home, at least by Tuesday or Wednesday I got a bit of energy back and can face the outside world. Granted this week has posh footie on telly so the sensible night for this would have been Thursday.

Edited by beag_teeets

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee wizz ..... what does it take to make you lot stop moaning and a 'pop' at someone!!!! OK Barry's comments may have rubbed a few up but I think Mark explained what publicity they did for the event and still gets his head bitten off. I live in London and I knew from the posters and PA announcement.

Ok lets look at this for the next forum, now you know what publicity they did for this one can we have suggestions for the next so the club can make sure eveyone is aware how would like to attend.

............. beag you really are straping the barrell as you wouldn't got because its a Con club, and watch your language mate.

Didn't think the w word would get through the swear filter? You might need to amend the filter settings as I have noticed that the plurals of other swear words also have also got through.

Hardly scraping the barrel, political beliefs are a perfectly justified reason for not entering a building. Besides the main reason I didn't go was this was advertised as an OASA event of which I am not a member. The Trust dos always say non-members welcome but in the advert for this it did not say that so I didn't think I would get in.

And the Tories are a bunch of :censored:

I certainly didn't know about this forum. I didnt know about the stiffs at WBA until it appeared on the OS yesterdayand was at a loose end so went. Spot the difference?

I buy a programme every match, I can't remember the last one I read page to page. For me it's just about putting money in the club, hell I dont even collect them! The old fella reads um though then hands me back 3 or 4 at a time. I go to every home match apart from when I am working but have to say I dont hang onto every word Franny says.

If this forum was held in any importance it would have been banged on about to the degree the council chamber turn out requirement and the march was. Simple.

It is very regrettable that more people didn't know about the forum but I think the organisers attempts to publicise it were satisfactory.

That's absolute total rubbish. The biggest bit of promotion of any event is ON THE DAY and sadly hardly any of it was done yesterday.

Only Stu Vose can answer why it wasn't on the website yesterday but if it was then even judging by the response on this thread there would have been TEN more people along, perhaps more if they tell their mates. I'm sure this figure could be trebled or even made fivefold with better ON THE DAY promotion.

So an absolutely laughable excuse, and even more condescending and patronising as Barry's original.

Hell, did anyone think of designing a quick and simple banner and having it displayed on the front page of OWTB?

Ridiculous. I'm really even more annoyed about this now.

I dont live in Oldham anymore, so cant really give an honest comment on the other points.

8) A post about it was put on here, it just received very little response.

Took a while but I found it. Perhaps the board could have an "Events & Meetups" area. The title of the thread is "forum nights' and to be honest it deosnt really tell you anything so unless someone actually bumps the thread to remind everyone I can see why it was missed.

If anyone is going to post a night out, you should include the time, date and place in the thread title and then again in the first post, that way when people see it they know what they are clicking on.

I dont live in Oldham anymore, so cant really give an honest comment on the other points.

Took a while but I found it. Perhaps the board could have an "Events & Meetups" area. The title of the thread is "forum nights' and to be honest it deosnt really tell you anything so unless someone actually bumps the thread to remind everyone I can see why it was missed.

If anyone is going to post a night out, you should include the time, date and place in the thread title and then again in the first post, that way when people see it they know what they are clicking on.

The problem with that thread which i've only just found, is that it's tucked up in a Trust sub forum I nor most people (going off the viewing numbers for threads) have actually bothered with venturing in. I'd be more inclined to read the post if it was on this main section which is were topics get the most views.

You say disappointing Barry, but I thought at least the club would have put a reminder or two on the fishul website tonight to drum up some interest. Also, OWTB is supposedly the official messageboard but hardly any mention of it all day (I've been on the MB most of the day with nothing much happening at work). I totally didn't realise it was on tonight and I was at a loose end so could have popped along.

So, more could have been done on yours AND the clubs side to promote it IMO. I'm a DJ and if I don't promote my nights properly including extensive hammering on the DAY of the event then no fecker would come along.

So yeah, snipey attitude a bit uncalled for there methinks, mate.

Hang on a minute Jamie, it's not really the clubs job to promote a forum arranged by OASA is it? Yes, they could have put it on the official site (and if OASA asked Stu to do this then the question should be asked as to why it didn't happen), but what was stopping one of the organisers posting on OWTB about it? They could have posted about it every day for a week - I'm sure the mods wouldn't have objected.

The club know when they agree to these things that they are likely to face some tricky questions, so it's hardly surprising that they are shouting about the event from the rooftops. The fact is though, that Simon Corney, Ian Hill, Barry Owen, Tony Philliskirk, Tommy Wright and Neal Eardley all showed up, and none of them ducked any questions.

The organisers should know that one of the most effective ways to get a message accross is to use the main forum. Ok, not all Latics read this forum - like a couple of the lads that I went with but they were there cos we'd talked about it at the weekend.

Edited by danoafc

Hang on a minute Jamie, it's not really the clubs job to promote a forum arranged by OASA is it? Yes, they could have put it on the official site (and if OASA asked Stu to do this then the question should be asked as to why it didn't happen), but what was stopping one of the organisers posting on OWTB about it? They could have posted about it every day for a week - I'm sure the mods wouldn't have objected.

The club know when they agree to these things that they are likely to face some tricky questions, so it's hardly surprising that they are shouting about the event from the rooftops. The fact it that Simon Corney, Ian Hill, Barry Owen, Tony Philliskirk, Tommy Wright and Neal Eardley all showed up, and none of them ducked any questions.

The organisers should know that one of the most effective ways to get a message accross is to use the main forum. Ok, not all Latics read this forum - like a couple of the lads that I went with but they were there cos we'd talked about it at the weekend.

oh come on Dan. We all know Barry and we all know he has the power and influence to get the message across effectively on the day of the event, which includes getting coverage on the fishul site. Now yeah, there's an unanswered question here as it could be he asked, but Stu for whatever reason failed to put it on. Either way it SHOULD have been on.

My gripe is Barry, presumably knowing that very little had been done on the day seemingly, had the gall to come on and snipe when it's clear to a lot more people than just me that they had no, or very little knowledge about the thing in the first place.

Like I said, at least 10 would have made the effort judging by this thread alone. That could have easily been multiplied through word of mouth and that. The methods they've used to promote this event are woeful and NOT satisfactory. I've promoted nights myself and I've used all kinds of ways to get the word out going to the extent of using social networking and the like (which worked amazingly effectively for the march).

Can't you see what has gotten peoples backs up is the fact that there's a snotty comment to begin this whole thread. That was uncalled for the way I see it.

The club know when they agree to these things that they are likely to face some tricky questions, so it's hardly surprising that they are shouting about the event from the rooftops.

And what on earth does that mean? hey, we (OASA) wanna see you but the club don't? I credit you with a bit more than that fella!

And what on earth does that mean? hey, we (OASA) wanna see you but the club don't? I credit you with a bit more than that fella!

What are you on about Jamie? You're looking for holes to pick. The fault that it wasn't on OWTB lies squarely with the organisers, not with the club.

The point about it not being on the official site is fair enough.

The problem with that thread which i've only just found, is that it's tucked up in a Trust sub forum I nor most people (going off the viewing numbers for threads) have actually bothered with venturing in. I'd be more inclined to read the post if it was on this main section which is were topics get the most views.

When I read OWTB, I always look on 'Todays active topics'. Do other people read through each sub forum individually?

What are you on about Jamie? You're looking for holes to pick. The fault that it wasn't on OWTB lies squarely with the organisers, not with the club.

The point about it not being on the official site is fair enough.

I'm not having a pop at the club. I'm having a pop at one of the organisers of the event, coming on here having a dig at fans not showing up when that SAME person didn't do any promotion for the event on the day. What Barry has said got right under my skin and he's yet to come back and explain a) why he saw fit to show disappointment at fans not showing up and b ) why he didn't do any of the things I've mentioned in getting the word out?

had he never come on here last night and bitched nothing would have been said today and I'd not nearly be as annoyed about it. I'm sad that I missed the event because I would have come along but this has just intensified it for me.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I guess we won't really find out. Punishment for having the nerve to not attend!

40 maximum I'd guess.

Ricketts, Lookers stand, seating arrangements, signings, Kilkenny, Chelsea, youth setup, Danny Philliskirk, Bertrand all discussed. Ask away, I'll stick down what I can.

40 maximum I'd guess.

Ricketts, Lookers stand, seating arrangements, signings, Kilkenny, Chelsea, youth setup, Danny Philliskirk, Bertrand all discussed. Ask away, I'll stick down what I can.

I'd be interested if Kilkenny as burnt his last bridge here? when the re-build starts regarding Lookers and Ricketts? ta

PS: Did Berty actually get fixed up with another club?

I'd be interested if Kilkenny as burnt his last bridge here? when the re-build starts regarding Lookers and Ricketts? ta

PS: Did Berty actually get fixed up with another club?

Leeds signed him on the strength of the win we had there on New Years Day. Previous to that they had shown no interest in him. We had a deal and a financial offer in place. Corney said they were just getting Kilkenny round to the idea of staying with us permanently. Leeds got wind he was available after the match, matched the offer, increased the financial package on offer and that was that. As for bridges burned it really went no further than the bidding and how he'd changed his mind. No word of their current opinion on him.

The Lookers comes down at the end of April. It seems like the small bit of the Rochdale Road end will be open to home fans. No news if booze will be available there but I did request it :wink:

As for getting the seats like some want, there are contamination issues, asbestos etc so it's unclear if they could be sold on.

There are also going to be opportunities for those moving from the Lookers to have a look at seats available and pick and choose what they would like. Corney said it won't suit everybody despite trying not to unsettle people, some will have a moan at times but it'll be worth it.

As for Ricketts it was Corney and Blitz who made Shez and Tommy aware he was available. After many meetings they decided to take him on. In Corney's words "on his day he's a good player. He just doesn't have those days anymore". The contract was never more than six months. The outlay was costly but they knew it was capped and all angles were covered so it worked in our favour should as happened he be crap and leave.

Bertrand was supposed to be a year long loan. Ended up being six months. As part of the Danny Philliskirk deal we were due two players on loan from Chelsea. Two became one. One became half a season. Half a season became only league games, no FA Cup involvement. There was basically nothing we could do. They got Philliskirk then moved the goal posts many times afterwards. Ryan is now on loan at Norwich. He went a few days after leaving us.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Cheers fella. Dont ya just love how the big guys think they're above fair play. I just hope Latics stumble onto the next Kaka and the world and his dog want him. Tell Chelsea he's theirs at the end of the season only to seell him to Arsenal with the big I am attitude.