Quite, Dave Bassett would be an excellent candidate.

He's at Leeds behind Gary Mc there. I've had a strange premonition lately......just can see Bassett leaving Leeds in the summer. I wonder where GM would go then for a number 2.....make the rest up yourself. It's only a theory, but not one I would be surprised to see play out. And if it did....who might end up here?

Lol....ain't theorising brilliant! :grin:

I was thinking the same. That Sheff Utd one was at their place as well on New Years Day. One of me and my mates favourite away games ever. We had a :censored: record at Bramall Lane and think we went 1-0 down... But what a turn-around! It was sweet for my mate as he had to ring in sick to go to the match. Sheff Utd fans demonstrated outside after the match

There must be more of these "final straw" matches but I can't think of any.

Kenny Jackett went 5 days after we beat them 1-0 at their place last year - his last game.

Come on chaps can you think of any more?

Kenny Jackett went 5 days after we beat them 1-0 at their place last year - his last game.

Come on chaps can you think of any more?

I've a feeling that Mr 80 Snr saw off about 3 managers one after the other when he was here, all either straight after we played or within a game or two.

He's at Leeds behind Gary Mc there. I've had a strange premonition lately......just can see Bassett leaving Leeds in the summer. I wonder where GM would go then for a number 2.....make the rest up yourself. It's only a theory, but not one I would be surprised to see play out. And if it did....who might end up here?

Lol....ain't theorising brilliant! :grin:

Thought Bassett went following Wises' departure with GM. bringing in his own staff.

Thought Bassett went following Wises' departure with GM. bringing in his own staff.

Bassett was the only one who stayed. Which surprised me coz a Leeds fan I know was saying fans blamed him for the long ball that had crept into their game.

EDIT:

Nope, you're right Chris....I'd missed it....he has left now....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7215545.stm

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'd imagine the Huddersfield players are feeling rather guilty after their performance on Saturday. Ritchie kept them behind for a 45 minute rollicking and then ends up being the fall guy. Still, it's always the manager who carries the can.

His record at Hudders was W 22; D 5; L 24. Mid-table is clearly not enough for many Clubs at the moment.

Presumably you mean Beckett as the striker looking for a move? Have you heard something that you can share or is it just a rumour? Understand if you can't say too much.

Just know that he's missing Oldham but I doubt we would have him back as Huddersfield would want a fee and he still has more than a a season on contract.