Livermore goes back

Thought about this rationally. Firstly I thought it was fair enough. But if he feels like this then he must be unfit and close to an injury and wanting to secure a contract for next season so he can sit on his arse. He's good enough so should he get injured and not get a contract, he would get one when fit again. I mean look at Hazell!

I was thinking of Hazell - he must have had a bleeding awful time when he was out of work and unable to get himself sorted - probably wondering if he would have to go play in the Conference or something - and Livermoore is older, so any injuries would put more of a doubt in other clubs minds. I'm gutted but I can't really blame the guy, as has been said he probably knows that his future next season isn't with us and he's looking after himself.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure this isn't the club's April fools gag, there is nothing on the Hull website about him returning nor on any of the other footie news networks. The bit about avoiding further injury just strikes me as odd and possibly a bit of gallows humour about our injury crisis.

Or it could be true, Hull aren't likely to advertise the fact a player they don't want has returned plus as has been said Livermore might be worried about his next deal. So it could be true or then again maybe not.

He's either superstitious or using us simply for first-team action, thus keeping himself fit for a "bigger" move in the summer. Shame he's gone - he balanced the side out very well. Shez rates him, so I doubt he's said he wouldn't want to sign him on a permanent basis.

I can see his thinking. I wouldn't be surprised if his family have been on his case about getting injured etc. I'm disappointed with him because that, in my eyes, isn't the sort of attitude you want from a player hoping to get a move.

Well if we can't renew Constantine's deal for Saturday we really are screwed!

Very disappointing that he doesn't want to stay as from what I've seen and with his versatility he could've been very important to us next year. But as said further up, if he'd rather not play than play for us then good riddance to him.

I think the fact that we may not have tried to sign him longer points to a possibility that Yantorno may actually be lined up for next year?

Great Stuff! Perhaps he can play on his crutches on saturday too... we might need him!

Great Stuff! Perhaps he can play on his crutches on saturday too... we might need him!

What I was saying was that if he was here playing for a contract and knew he wasn't going to offered one, why would he stay? I know that leaves us in the brown stuff now but it's another possible reason why he didn't want to extend the loan.

I think the fact that we may not have tried to sign him longer points to a possibility that Yantorno may actually be lined up for next year?

Was told on Saturday that Yantorno has definitely signed.....along with that about Ernie's benefit game (which I posted up here Sunday). In otherwords, all from a good source!

As for Livermore....I can't get my head around this at all. If he was so bothered about playing and getting injured, why the feck has he just risked himself with us for the last 2 months??? Don't get it....clearly has a pre-contract elsewhere or he's just being an idiot IMO. Gutted to lose a player of his class.

Was told on Saturday that Yantorno has definitely signed.....along with that about Ernie's benefit game (which I posted up here Sunday). In otherwords, all from a good source!

As for Livermore....I can't get my head around this at all. If he was so bothered about playing and getting injured, why the feck has he just risked himself with us for the last 2 months??? Don't get it....clearly has a pre-contract elsewhere or he's just being an idiot IMO. Gutted to lose a player of his class.

Seems he was playing for a contract and Shez has told him that he aint getting one - nothing to do with a pre-contract elsewhere or him being an idiot. As far as a player of his class, yes he may be more experienced that many of our other options currently, but there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Seems he was playing for a contract and Shez has told him that he aint getting one - nothing to do with a pre-contract elsewhere or him being an idiot. As far as a player of his class, yes he may be more experienced that many of our other options currently, but there are plenty more fish in the sea.

So why say "worried about injuries" but was ok to play for the previous 2 months?

So why say "worried about injuries" but was ok to play for the previous 2 months?

Was playing for a Latics contract for 2 months - right up to being told he wouldn't be getting one? Kind of makes sense to me.

I have also heard that we have an ex-Grenta midfield player holed up waiting to be revealed, so seems that he has been rated higher than Livermore. Not over fussed about Livermore going, but would have much preferred it if he could have stayed to the end of the season.

Guest oa_exile

Agree Rick , seems that Shez is upping the searches with the rumours of Gretna players , etc , and all the trialists in the stiffs.

Maybe Shez feels he can get more for the money ? , who know's (but Shez :) )

:huh: I don't really know what to think about Livermoore going back because he just didn't quite put the effort that was needed in to the game and then at times he would play exactly how everyone wanted him to, so i am :grin: that he is gone and i am :disappointed: that he is gone (if you know what i mean) But i wish him well with whatever he decides to do in his career. Edited by OAFCryan

:huh: I don't really know what to think about Livermoore going back because he just didn't quite put the effort that was needed in to the game and then at times he would play exactly how everyone wanted him to, so i am :grin: that he is gone and i am :disappointed: that he is gone (if you know what i mean) But i wish him well with whatever he decides to do in his career.

no matter how good or avarage you think he is, he is worth having in the squad for his versatility alone. he played in 4 different positions while on loan here, and i for one am sorry to see him go

Nope - You were right Steve and I got it wrong.

Fell for the April Fool (about Chaddy) and thought the Livermore Story was the made up one.

Hook, line, sinker and copy of Angling Times. :blush:

In that case, I refer my right honourable friend to my earlier statement, "What a chump."

Agree Rick , seems that Shez is upping the searches with the rumours of Gretna players , etc , and all the trialists in the stiffs.

Maybe Shez feels he can get more for the money ? , who know's (but Shez :) )

I don't buy that theory. There's little doubt that Livermore, if fit, would have started in our remaining fixtures. It's not inconceivable he could have put in a run of great performances and carried us into the playoffs. So why on Earth would Shez tell him now that he doesn't intend to give him a contract?

no matter how good or avarage you think he is, he is worth having in the squad for his versatility alone. he played in 4 different positions while on loan here, and i for one am sorry to see him go

Ye but Shez can't keep loaning players because then we will never get a 'decent' squad and when the players don't perform how they should then thats even worse.