rumour on e-zine

Don't get me wrong, they fought bloody hard to get us the stadium upgrade - can't fault 'em for that. However, dare I say it... I don't trust them. Where are they all the time? There's just a few things they need to prove to me - I'll be fair, and understand those who want Shez to prove to them what he's about. Works both ways I guess.

Without causing too much fuss, I blamed them last season for, well, messing the season up with Haining/Porter/Wellens and their contracts etc. This season, to be fair, they've impressed me more.

Haining I would liked to have kept, but he has gone to Scottish Prem inevitably for more money

Porter, ditto, but surely you must have read Porter decided to go for the money he was was over the 23 rule and so no compo for Oldham which he got a significant cut. £10's k rather tan £'s Totally Porter money grabbing.

Wellens. Well everyone knows he was on asignificant deal. So we could not afford him on the dwindling gates. And he went to Leeds, who are chucking money again to get out of this division. SO in each case the palyer went for saginficantly more money, that we simply couldn't match.

How can you not trust them, when they have now done everything Chris Moore didn't do.

Do you know who Chris Moore is? Do you remember those dark days. And still they are dipping in £1/2 per season.

Think how much your wage is, and dip into every month for Latics, then think can you afford another say 25%. Same for the owners. They didn;t gewt their money by throwing it in a bottom less pit, we need them to stay rich!

Earning enough money to be able to keep pumping it into the club.

Or handing it over to QPR...

I don't think they're making that much if they're selling, for example, Trotman for £500,000. They've already said if one's not prepared to invest, then the others won't. I don't think you can successfully own a club when you're having to listen to 2 other people - however, that's not my point.

Some say Shez is naive at times, well I think they are too. Going back to the contracts, they took Porter's word for it that he'd sell. They allowed a good few players perform excellently, and we had no word of contracts. Could happen this season, too.

Or handing it over to QPR...

I don't think they're making that much if they're selling, for example, Trotman for £500,000. They've already said if one's not prepared to invest, then the others won't. I don't think you can successfully own a club when you're having to listen to 2 other people - however, that's not my point.

Some say Shez is naive at times, well I think they are too. Going back to the contracts, they took Porter's word for it that he'd sell. They allowed a good few players perform excellently, and we had no word of contracts. Could happen this season, too.

Sorry but your talking out your arse

Upthelatics might be pleased ....just heard a rumour Roman Abramovich is bored at chelsea, fed up after having an ex-bury lad score against him in last nights qf in Turkey and has offered Jose Mourinho the chance to resurrect his career again in England with old money 3rd division Oldham :D

Agh...but would you trust him upl???? :wacko:

We need consistency. Stop chopping and changing. Bring back Royle!!!! He was here 12 years. He could over see his kingdom, placing day to day coaching into the hands of Willie and even Ritchie.

In all seroiousness though, criticizing the owners is a bit ridiculous. It's simple -without them we would not exist.

Out of interest, how long did royle have not ahieving much before he got success. It was before my time but i seem to recall it was some time.

Personally, I'm in favour of Sheridan being given more time, but, as noted many times before, keeping the same manager for a drawn-out period only reaps rewards if the incumbent displays the necessary talent, and if the infrastructure behind him is sound.

Keeping a manager for the sake of it guarantees nothing.

They allowed a good few players perform excellently, and we had no word of contracts. Could happen this season, too.

Altho I don't agree with much UTL has said, the above line ain't far from the truth. Lads like Smalley and Lewis are 2 that should definitely be being tied down to contracts. I can't fathom why we've not acted on this already.

The worst manager in that list managed to get the longest time in the job so it's not always true, Sharp should have gone long before he did! Shez however has shown he can get us up there and is getting us up there again now, definately should continue in the job.

The decision to make Sharp manager was, I believe, taken on the advice of Big Joe who felt that Stitch wasn't up to the job. As it turned he was right not to recommend Stitch but wrong in advising the board to take on Sharp.

In Sharp's defence, he presided over the break up of the last of Royle's squad and unable to replace those leaving with similar quality due to the Lees brothers reducing the annual bill in preparation of selling up. Hence, honest troopers such as Alf Garnett and Gary Kelly coming in.

One last point, at least Sharp realised he would never make a manager and gave up the idea rather than joining the merry go round of lower league managers who move clubs every other year only to get sacked (sorry - that should read "left by mutual agreement"). It's time some of these managerial failures gave up and let some of the younger ex-pros have a go.

KEEP THE FAITH

Personally, I'm in favour of Sheridan being given more time, but, as noted many times before, keeping the same manager for a drawn-out period only reaps rewards if the incumbent displays the necessary talent, and if the infrastructure behind him is sound.

Keeping a manager for the sake of it guarantees nothing.

I agree 100% with that.

Sheridan has now got to show that he is learning from the mistakes that he readily admits himself that he has made. The clock is ticking though and he must now prove that he has the talent to take the Club forward on the pitch. The first few months of next Season are crucial IMO.

Still can't get my head around some of our lot who think Stitch hasn't made it as a manager. Some managers go from club to club to club and never win anything. We had a guy who kept us up with one of the worst sides we've ever had, got us to the top end of the league to then be sacked and has since won promotion elsewhere (something only a handful of managers ever do in their careers.) Only Chairmen with agendas have :censored:ed up Ritchies career......Moore never wanted Ritchie as manager, Barnsley screwed him over moving to Sheff Weds promising a contract only to sack him wks later and Davey won't spend hardly anything on the team anymore and Udders fans have been calling for his head for years!

But then many like to have a go and sack managers who have taken teams up out of this level. Strange that!

One last point, at least Sharp realised he would never make a manager and gave up the idea rather than joining the merry go round of lower league managers who move clubs every other year only to get sacked (sorry - that should read "left by mutual agreement"). It's time some of these managerial failures gave up and let some of the younger ex-pros have a go.

KEEP THE FAITH

Well, after Bangor had given up on him.

The decision to make Sharp manager was, I believe, taken on the advice of Big Joe who felt that Stitch wasn't up to the job. As it turned he was right not to recommend Stitch but wrong in advising the board to take on Sharp.

In Sharp's defence, he presided over the break up of the last of Royle's squad and unable to replace those leaving with similar quality due to the Lees brothers reducing the annual bill in preparation of selling up. Hence, honest troopers such as Alf Garnett and Gary Kelly coming in.

KEEP THE FAITH

Sharp would have probably made it as a manager had he not inherited the impossible situation you describe. His despair in the face of GMR's Jack Dearden's questions regarding the ability to strengthen the squad after another Saturday defeat, was palpable.

What was it he said about pruning a tree so much that it will eventually die?

Sharp would have probably made it as a manager had he not inherited the impossible situation you describe. His despair in the face of GMR's Jack Dearden's questions regarding the ability to strengthen the squad after another Saturday defeat, was palpable.

What was it he said about pruning a tree so much that it will eventually die?

Yes, it was something like that. A very good analogy.

Two things spring to mind about Sharp:

I thought his appointment was purely for financial reasons. (He was on a highly paid contract from his mate Joe...)

I think he was/is hated because he got rid of Ritchie.

Yes, it was something like that. A very good analogy.

Two things spring to mind about Sharp:

I thought his appointment was purely for financial reasons. (He was on a highly paid contract from his mate Joe...)

I think he was/is hated because he got rid of Ritchie.

Not wanting to labour on the Sharp bit.

But he was in a predicament over Ritchie. Keep him or get rid of him, he was going to get the fans on his back either way!!!

Sharp was poo, clueless and passionless - a complet waste of space. When he came as a player, we changed our whole ethos of passing it and using wingers and playere more hoof ball - that was not his fault I know but as a manager, he sucked a$$!

I sat 4 yards away from Sharp and I don't think I heard him say anything to the team from the bench in all the time he was there. The guy lacked the personality of a manager and was appointed because Stott thought he could control him. In hindsight Sharp says that he never really stood up to the board and he didn't know what tools he had to do the job when he accepted it. That smacks of naiviety. Ritchie wasn't chosen because he had charisma and people skills and would have stood up to Stott. As for a financial decision - yes it was but we were getting parachute payments from the prem.

I sat 4 yards away from Sharp and I don't think I heard him say anything to the team from the bench in all the time he was there. The guy lacked the personality of a manager and was appointed because Stott thought he could control him. In hindsight Sharp says that he never really stood up to the board and he didn't know what tools he had to do the job when he accepted it. That smacks of naiviety. Ritchie wasn't chosen because he had charisma and people skills and would have stood up to Stott. As for a financial decision - yes it was but we were getting parachute payments from the prem.

I thought parachute payments began (typically) the season after we went down??

What a time to begin our demise..... :disappointed: