What most people consider to be the 'right time' for us to be playing a team is usually the 'wrong time' for oldham. We have always performed well against the better teams....

What is interesting is that recent form puts us fourth in the league amazing considering the injuries and constant changes to the team Sheridan has had to make. Can't believe people are still calling for Sheridans head on the back of this...

Edited by Blue_Guru

Great recent photo though.

I can't remember who the shaven-headed guy is, know he was a full-back though. Tierney? Killen, Eyres ,Beckett and Arber?

Nice and current :lol:

We might be rubbish against the poorer sides but 'Uddersfield were terrible and we tanked them!

What most people consider to be the 'right time' for us to be playing a team is usually the 'wrong time' for oldham. We have always performed well against the better teams....

That's what I was thinking. We're probably playing them at the wrong time! Although this "theory" was proved wrong at Port Vale..

Their form may be poor, but look at the goals they've scored. On average, they're losing 2-1 every time.

Look at that attacking flair from the Blues though. :grin:

Should be interesting to see our 'attacking flair' tomorrow... especially if Constantine is recalled...

Think the only attacking we will be doing is calling them rude names.... from our own penalty box....

Oh well.. Keep the faith and all that!

I can't remember who the shaven-headed guy is, know he was a full-back though. Tierney? Killen, Eyres ,Beckett and Arber?

Nice and current :lol:

We might be rubbish against the poorer sides but 'Uddersfield were terrible and we tanked them!

Chris Armstrong. Definately Mark Hughes t'other one!

However this brings us to one of me and my mates favourite latics discussion points. Oppo managers who have been given the sack immediately after they have suffered the ignominy of losing to the little latics. There is quite a list.

McEwen at Sheffield Utd after we had thumped them 5-1 about 1987

Lawrie MCMnemy at Sunderland after we had beaten then 2-0 at their place, shortly after the above I think

Alan Buckley at Grimsby after the 6-0 drubbing on celebration sunday.

Gary Megson 2 seasons back after we beat Forest 3-0

There are lots more, at least one last year i think.

Maybe we can add another to the list tomorrow:

BBC

Although as others have pointed out, we do seem to help teams end there bad form..! I'm confident though, even with the lack of players we have!