To You "Sheridan Outers"................A Call To Arms!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on the basis of we need change, please nominate candidates who are available, realistic and would see OAFC as a step forward.

Excluding Ritchie I can't think of anybody, but I remain very interested as to your shortlist.

Having the opinion that we don't need to change, but throwing my opinion into the forum anyway. Ritchie would not be a consideration.

Loved him as a player. Average at best as a manager.

KEEP THE FAITH

Working on the basis of we need change, please nominate candidates who are available, realistic and would see OAFC as a step forward.

Excluding Ritchie I can't think of anybody, but I remain very interested as to your shortlist.

Ten out of ten for a very reasonable yet thus far unanswered question.

However, I fear it will remain unanswered as the Shez Outers deal only in negative criticism, perhaps feeling that constructive suggestion is beyond them.

Ten out of ten for a very reasonable yet thus far unanswered question.

However, I fear it will remain unanswered as the Shez Outers deal only in negative criticism, perhaps feeling that constructive suggestion is beyond them.

What worries me is the possible knee-jerk reaction when season ticket sales are shown to be well down on this season. Say Shez goes, just how can TTA make an appointment that will appease the many :censored:-outs and stay at homers who got 'Ronnie' the sack? The only answer in the eyes of many of the SHez outers would be a so-called dream team of Royle and Ritchie, which imo would not work anyway but may be enough to regenerate interest in OAFC with the return of two 'legends' to the club. Shez has to be backed in the summer but it is two way, for Shez to be backed, we have to back the club with ST purchases, or commitment to attend as many games as you can to maximise the matchday income too.

dont get me wrong chris i am not calling for shez head - just another name to put forward as to whether he would come back IAN DOWIE???

IAN DOWIE???

Nope, good manager but as a man a complete :censored:house that I and many others could not stomach another prolonged period of, particularly interesting was his version of the truth. He went hard and went home. Leave him to the Soccer Saturday studio.

Mike Newell. I would just add that I DO NOT Shez sacked.

shez is the man for the job but if he was to leave, i would be worried the only man who would take his place would be steve mcmahon. definatly wouldnt want him but it is blindingly obvious that is who we would be lumped with

Steve McMahon has been over here for quite a while now (most of last season and all of this so far) giving his "expert" opinions on ESPN/Star's premier league coverage.

I can't see him giving up a cushy number in Singapore to go back to manage in the English third division. So, you needn't worry!

If we want to get out of this division and don't care how we do it: Martin Allen/ Steve Cotterill

If we want to sell a damn sight more season tickets: Joe Royle

If we want to shoot ourselves in the foot: Steve McMahon

If we want to aim for the stars: Sam Alladyce

If we want to let bygones be bygones: Iain Dowie

Out of those six I believe all but McMahon would be better than what we have.

If we want to get out of this division and don't care how we do it: Martin Allen/ Steve Cotterill

If we want to sell a damn sight more season tickets: Joe Royle

If we want to shoot ourselves in the foot: Steve McMahon

If we want to aim for the stars: Sam Alladyce

If we want to let bygones be bygones: Iain Dowie

Out of those six I believe all but McMahon would be better than what we have.

Wouldn't disagree with any of those, except Blackpool played some bloody good footy with McMahon. Royle or Dowie would be great though.

Guest sheridans_world

Dont want Dowie back, arse.

Would take Joe anyday.

Dont agree with any of the others.

Most importantly though, SHERIDAN IN!

Again must stress although Shez has dropped some clangers this season, very firmly Shez in and think he should be given next season at very least. But to answer the question at hand, think the question needs to be slightly rephrased to who would see Oldham Athletic as a step forward, with the potential to take the club forward.

In relation to previous choices so far

Ritchie - Sorry, but no. As said earlier, loved him as a player, would get us playing football, but at expense of results.

Royle - Has he still got it? would he want it? would defo sell a few more season tickets

Dowie - Very much doubt he would want to come back, but can he manage on a budget?

Allen - Thanks but no thanks, gets results but worse than ronnie for hoofball.

Cotterill - Apart from getting Cheltenham up ages ago, what has he done?

Mcmahon - Dont think he has got it any more.

Who would see oldham athletic as a step forward who could take the club forward?

(Controvertial) Darren Ferguson: Red scum or not he is turning peterboro into a damn fine team whom it would not surprise me if they went up again next season.

(Controvertial again) Paul Ince: See above. May not always play pretty but he has done well in both of his managerial posts so far. Proven he can get his teams to fight for their lives when he was at Macc, also proven he can do it at the top with a reasonable budget with MK.

Tony Philliskirk: If he wanted the job would be my first choice. Knows how the game should be played, knows the club inside out.

if ritchie or royle came here it woud be the kevin keegan situation for us, fans love them but things have changed and they would struggle, and i just wouldnt want to subject some of my all time latics legends to these boo boys who would no doubt complain if we dont get an unbeaten season + FA cup + League cup + JPT

if ritchie or royle came here it woud be the kevin keegan situation for us, fans love them but things have changed and they would struggle, and i just wouldnt want to subject some of my all time latics legends to these boo boys who would no doubt complain if we dont get an unbeaten season + FA cup + League cup + JPT

like i have said elswhere i will back him until christmas,and hopefully he willnow finally have learnt,get rid of these so called players that dont perform or wont listen and bring in hungry players that will run and perform for 90 mins plus.

i would only want dowie back for his fitness and training regime,if he would come back

darren ferguson is a good call as is paul ince,both would have very good connections for bringing in good players and have more sway over others getting decent promising players on loan.

if he ever got fed up with england under 21's stuart pearce

steve cotterill or john gregory

and finally,big sam....doesnt need the money after his massive pay off from the toon,would love him to come in and put the club right from top to bottom,works both ways he gets us up and established in championship,puts him back in line for higher jobs,everyones a winner.

just hope we dont sack shez and go down the big joe or ritchie route,be like going back in time.

brian horton,wanted him a while ago would still have him now knows the lower leagues better than anyone

and yes im a shez outer

You are also a mentalist!

Putting Brian Horton in charge would definitely get us out of this league... straight into league two... how on earth could you even mention that past it journeyman and expect him to do anything for our club?

Honestly... you may be a shez outer, but you are going to have to do better than that.... Brian Horton, honestly, next you will be saying you want Talbot back...

Whilst not wanting to show Shez the door,i do believe that he has been unbelievably naive at times this season! while many will point to the fact that he is still a rookie manager,he has made the same mistakes again and again.

If he can eliminate these mistakes next season,then i believe he can take us forward.

Alternatively,should he continue to make some of the same decisions as this season has seen,i would imagine that we will be in no better a position in 12 months time.

As for an alternative,i would be happy to see Alan Knill installed at BP.

Not a Shez outer - but he was given too long on his contract. Giving him 3 years means we cant afford to sack him. (I wouldn'tthough)

As for replacements. Theres 3 options.

1. Tried proven in this division

This is the preferred option obviously.

CANDIDATE: Micky Adams or Peter Taylor

2. Old player

Ignites the fans, but can be folly

CANDIDATE: Ritchie

3. Young/inexperienced, but determained.

CANDIDATES: Keith Hill (Dale) or a recently retired player who's looking to come into management. MARTIN KEOWN has always struck me as someone who'd make a great manager. A leader, articulate, played under great managers (this is often a factor - Clough and Fergie (spit) have seen lots of their players go onto great things.

I'd want Peter Taylor myself. Took Hull up two divisions (ok with Cash) and left when he took them as far as he could. Then more money turned up so they've kicked on. Did a great job @ Brighton too. Doing well with Stevenage now

Edited by pukka