Playoffs now highly unlikely.

Guest sheridans_world

Change of Manager?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheridan Be....

• Sacked
    • Supported

Guest sheridans_world

Now the playoffs are highly unlikely, whats the public opinion? Shez is a young manager, about to go into his third season in management, should he be sacked or supported?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the playoffs are highly unlikely, whats the public opinion? Shez is a young manager, about to go into his third season in management, should he be sacked or supported?

If TTA are going to sack him then now is the time so any prospective replacement could at least have 1 or 2 games to make his mind up on the current team.

But I think Shez in, although with a severe rocket up the arse and with some help brought in, whether he likes it or not. If next season we dont progress any more, then look at the situation again

Edited by Lookers_Carl

who cares im not really bothered if hes here or he goes just as long as we dont get ritchie

If TTA are going to sack him then now is the time so any prospective replacement could at least have 1 or 2 games to make his mind up on the current team.

But I think Shez in, although with a severe rocket up the arse and with some help brought in, whether he likes it or not. If next season we dont progress any more, then look at the situation again

Not a chance for me, it'd be very short sighted to do so.

If Shez goes we get someone else in, someone who wants to build his own team, so he clears out our current team and we have to start building again.

Stick with Shez and what he has built and we've got a much better chance. I favour us for the League next season, that is hoping he brings in a few more decent players like he did last season. Yantorno sounds good, maybe the creative player we need? Another goalkeeper and a left and right sided midfielder, another striker and a left back.

We have Hughes and Davies staying here, our two best strikers who I think are good enough to fire us into promotion.

The framework is here, just a few signings and we'll be good for next season, look at the team Carlisle look to be going up on!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Not a chance for me, it'd be very short sighted to do so.

If Shez goes we get someone else in, someone who wants to build his own team, so he clears out our current team and we have to start building again.

Stick with Shez and what he has built and we've got a much better chance. I favour us for the League next season, that is hoping he brings in a few more decent players like he did last season. Yantorno sounds good, maybe the creative player we need? Another goalkeeper and a left and right sided midfielder, another striker and a left back.

We have Hughes and Davies staying here, our two best strikers who I think are good enough to fire us into promotion.

The framework is here, just a few signings and we'll be good for next season, look at the team Carlisle look to be going up on!

Would that be the same Carlisle who sacked their manager this season :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
He has got my support for another season, but like has already been said, next season is make or break for him.

I agree i'm afraid. Unless we miss the playoffs by something stupid like one or two points or on goal difference.

Not even going to bother.

Not even a hour after the game and the Knives & Axes are out.

Guest sheridans_world

Not at all, i'm in full support of Shez, as indicated on other threads. However i'm sure there are people that are not, as such, lets see what the opinion is.

True! But to be honest, I don't think todays will sway opinion one way or the other. As deep down, nearly everyone knew the season was already over so loosing today won't make or change any opinions. Only possibly make the day of a few of the "outers" who would vote for him to be sacked anyway. I think after 16 votes, it's fairly clear what the opinion is anyway. Just don't think we'll be the deciding factor in the end.....it'll be the loss of ST holders that will be. Those who can bemoan Shez, but in truth, just want any scapegoat and will blame the moon for not coming if it suits. For me, next season should be the one for a right good go at it (finally).....that's if TTA can keep their nerve and not let the fickledoms win out again.

Edited by boundaryblue80

and as ive said countless times on other threads

regardless of whether ppl think he should be sacked or not,

and if he goes through tta's choice rather than his,

who do we bring in who would want to come here, and who would do a better job?????

still waiting for someone to come back with a name!!!!

I agree with the posters on here, next season make or break for sheridan.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

who do we bring in who would want to come here, and who would do a better job?????

Mike Newell

Ok we've not gone...can't comment on performance etc but ffs

AGREED! Why after every defeat, do we question Shez, have a 7 page debate about it, keep coming back with the same answers, theories (some expert some claiming not to be!!) and then wait with our sheffield steel cutlery until the next time we don't perform??

Just waiting now for the "Taylor and Eardley get em sold....Lidds has finished, Crossley is gash" etc brigade

Ok we've not gone...can't comment on performance etc but ffs

AGREED! Why after every defeat, do we question Shez, have a 7 page debate about it, keep coming back with the same answers, theories (some expert some claiming not to be!!) and then wait with our sheffield steel cutlery until the next time we don't perform??

Just waiting now for the "Taylor and Eardley get em sold....Lidds has finished, Crossley is gash" etc brigade

I agree , lets ban this talk and have nice polls about Latics best blonde player.

I agree , lets ban this talk and have nice polls about Latics best blonde player.

he has my vote until next christmas,and if were still playing the same way as we are now,but without the injuries then he would have to go.

he needs to take a good long look at himself now and decide what he wants to do with the squad,firstly he needs to drop and get shut of the players he keeps saying wont listen to him,and do there own thing regardless,that shows a distinct lack of respect for the manager,and shouldnt be tolerated under any circumstances.

identify targets now,and set the wheels in motion regarding signing them.

and admit he maybe needs an older wiser head to oversee and scout potential players,and take some of the weight off his shoulders.

our season has been decimated with injury upon injury,but those charged with stepping in and helping out havent performed consistantly.

well done to the youngsters,lets hope they can push on more next season.

Erm...there's a post elsewhere about this....why are you repeatedly asking the same question (to which some have answered on the main post on this topic) over a number of other threads?

sorry my bad forgot about that thread, sort of meant since then, as i was the last person to post on that thread

No probs...I was gunna post on it earlier to say I'm not sure about spawn of the devil or Ince....they've had money aplenty to buy promotion....Posh with new owners and Winkleman who prints money and buys history, but just don't like talking about either of those scummy horrible clubs. Hating the fact they're coming up and only Stockport getting 3rd and Dale winning playoffs will please me now.

Back on topic here though...nice to see the support for Shez. I know we're a minority on OWTB (although 2,000+ members says not) but from 48 early votes, sense prevails (early to say it's anything significant, but still 46 yahs and 2 nos still speaks some volume.) It's sad that we've many voyeurs on here that feel the same way but won't express it. Although, they probably feel those who are most proactive on here do cover most points to be made.

Edited by boundaryblue80