Playoffs now highly unlikely.

Guest sheridans_world

Change of Manager?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheridan Be....

• Sacked
    • Supported

No probs...I was gunna post on it earlier to say I'm not sure about spawn of the devil or Ince....they've had money aplenty to buy promotion....Posh with new owners and Winkleman who prints money and buys history, but just don't like talking about either of those scummy horrible clubs. Hating the fact they're coming up and only Stockport getting 3rd and Dale winning playoffs will please me now.

Back on topic here though...nice to see the support for Shez. I know we're a minority on OWTB (although 2,000+ members says not) but from 48 early votes, sense prevails (early to say it's anything significant, but still 46 yahs and 2 nos still speaks some volume.) It's sad that we've many voyeurs on here that feel the same way but won't express it. Although, they probably feel those who are most proactive on here do cover most points to be made.

i would like to see shez implement the same fitness regime that dowie n harbin had.

and i dont see why we couldnt approach lee nobes to ask his opinion on a replacement physio,after all he would more than likely know.

these injuries need sorting though.

give him the benefit of the doubt until christmas next season,things as they say can only get better cant they.

although that said,i think a lot may hinge on season ticket sales now

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to see shez implement the same fitness regime that dowie n harbin had.

and i dont see why we couldnt approach lee nobes to ask his opinion on a replacement physio,after all he would more than likely know.

these injuries need sorting though.

give him the benefit of the doubt until christmas next season,things as they say can only get better cant they.

although that said,i think a lot may hinge on season ticket sales now

And as things are, unless we do a bradford, can only see season ticket sales going down.

Not even going to bother.

Not even a hour after the game and the Knives & Axes are out.

It's crazy, isn't it?

If people can't see that the positives of this season outweigh the negatives, then the world's gone mad. I understand that people want some instant success, but if we went up this season, do you think we'd stand a chance next season? Answer that in the correct manner, then look at the average age of the squad.

It's crazy, isn't it?

If people can't see that the positives of this season outweigh the negatives, then the world's gone mad. I understand that people want some instant success, but if we went up this season, do you think we'd stand a chance next season? Answer that in the correct manner, then look at the average age of the squad.

Positives? And I would hazard a guess the average age is the same as the vast majority in this division, I know it's hard to believe but we're not the only team to have injury problems and have had to play young players. Don't forget only two young players have come into this team this season with no first team football experience.

It's crazy, isn't it?

Why the :censored: do our fans ask this question? Dya know....I wouldn't care less if we went up and looked like we'd do a Derby win in, week out. Really I wouldn't! Wish fans would stop with this rubbish of "we're not good enough to go up".....Barnsley, Colchester etc. looked certs to go up and sit at the bottom of the table all season. They didn't, they did well but haven't built on that.....and might possibly come back down (Col, definitely). But it's a ridiculous statement....one of the worst used in football.

Rant over!

All I'm saying is the inconsistency this season has hindered us. I'm not just on about injuries - not that I even mentioned them - but can you name a team this term who has had to play with 14 players for like 5 week? I don't think you can. I also don't think we're ready to go up. The balance isn't right, and we won't be able to attract the higher quality players to help balance/strengthen this side because they're not floating about on frees. And we're hardly loaded.

For the size of squad, and where we want to be, we've got one of the smallest squads. If someone wants to go up just 'to do a Derby' than they're friggin' deluded. What a stupid thing to say. Thing is, you're moaning now, boundaryblue, so if we got slaughtered next season don't tell me you'd sit there and be a ray of sunshine when we're sunken at the bottom of the league. I don't think we'd get hammered as such (I didn't say that, anyway), but I don't think we'd be able to realistically compete.

If we go up, I don't want to just come down. That's madness to want that, and more so, accept that. We can better ourselves in this division, and go up and bloody well compete, and maybe have a very good season. I'll whack another cliche into the mix: Rome wasn't built in a day.

All I'm saying is the inconsistency this season has hindered us. I'm not just on about injuries - not that I even mentioned them - but can you name a team this term who has had to play with 14 players for like 5 week? I don't think you can. I also don't think we're ready to go up. The balance isn't right, and we won't be able to attract the higher quality players to help balance/strengthen this side because they're not floating about on frees. And we're hardly loaded.

For the size of squad, and where we want to be, we've got one of the smallest squads. If someone wants to go up just 'to do a Derby' than they're friggin' deluded. What a stupid thing to say. Thing is, you're moaning now, boundaryblue, so if we got slaughtered next season don't tell me you'd sit there and be a ray of sunshine when we're sunken at the bottom of the league. I don't think we'd get hammered as such (I didn't say that, anyway), but I don't think we'd be able to realistically compete.

If we go up, I don't want to just come down. That's madness to want that, and more so, accept that. We can better ourselves in this division, and go up and bloody well compete, and maybe have a very good season. I'll whack another cliche into the mix: Rome wasn't built in a day.

If someone offered you promotion tomorrow what would you say? "Erm, no thanks....we're not good enough for up there." Like :censored: you would! So it makes the comment "we're not good enough to go up" utterly redundant and a load of rubbish.

Oh and if you did say "no we're not good enough"....well, words would fail me!!!

PS No, if we went up then I'd hope we'd get in a few players good enough to get us to 21st in the league! That'd be all I ask. And if we got relegated, then so be it. You've got to get there first, to actually see what you can do at the next level through adding to what you've got.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I couldn't care less if we went up and struggled, I want out of this division .

it doesnt automatically mean we would struggle and be bottom all season.

for one you would have an increase in season tickets,and maybe merchandise,which in turn would mean our wage would rise thus attracting a better calibre of player,plus the away fans would increas again bringing in a revenue stream,which would mean more money to spend come the transfer window.

if it was offered right now i would take it in a shot,and i would think 99% of us would.

Stay. Learn from his mistakes. Get rid of the deadwood, bring in some new faces. Stop talking to the media about his intentions without following them up and he'll be alright. Oh and learn about tactical substitutions instead of feeling it necessary to give certain players a token two minutes playing time.

for one you would have an increase in season tickets,and maybe merchandise,which in turn would mean our wage would rise thus attracting a better calibre of player

Which would still be 90% less than most other Championship clubs.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

it doesnt automatically mean we would struggle and be bottom all season.

for one you would have an increase in season tickets,and maybe merchandise,which in turn would mean our wage would rise thus attracting a better calibre of player,plus the away fans would increas again bringing in a revenue stream,which would mean more money to spend come the transfer window.

if it was offered right now i would take it in a shot,and i would think 99% of us would.

How right you are. Based on our ability to beat 'Better' teams as proven this season, there is nothing to suggest we wouldn't hold our own in the Championship.

In fact, it is our inconsistency that is one of the major factors of discontent with many of the fans - we have shown we are capable (With or without our top players) and we have shown we can be vunerable (With or without our top players).

If JS has got a 3 year plan (As one or two have stated) then so be it - we will have an idea whether it is going to work by Christmas as a few people have said. All I would add to that is, by now he should have his team pretty much sorted for his third year, and ripping it apart close season would appear to be going back to square one.

Surely the players he has are the ones he planned would take us up (Injuries aside of course), and he only expects to make one or two final adjustments for next season?

We shall be able to see by Boxing Day - and I firmly believe that this should be his day of reckoning. No more silly comments, no more tactical errors and no more inconsistent performances - that would show me that we are finally moving forward.

I'd love for us to go up this season, of course I would. I know the Latics all to well - I said this yesterday: We can go to Leeds, who had won 90% of their home games, and lead 3-0 at half-time, and we can also go to Swindon, who hadn't won in 6, and lose 3-0 in the second-half.

Knowing us, we'd do something crazy like Bristol City. However, we just don't have the depth to cope, and I don't think we'd do all too well. Next season, Shez knows what he wants - he's said it himself, so if we let's himself down by not bringing those players in, then he's letting himself open for attack.

Question - would you rather us go up now, with this inconsistent, young squad (Barnsley's, Col U's, and B. City's squad was very experienced, by the by), and probably come straight back down. Or would you just see what Shez has planned for next season, possibly bringing in quality, going up with a really strong squad, and possibly a bit more cash. I say the cash factor because we hopefully will be a tougher squad, and may even cause a few more upsets in the cups.

You're probably gonna say the former. I'd love for us to see something different for a change, don't get me wrong. But looking at it with a rational mind, I think it'd be more beneficial for us to go up (maybe as bleedin' champions) in the long run next year. Saying that, we'd have to go up next year.

Supported imo but its TTA that will have the finger on the trigger. I hope its not a sensitive trigger as we might shoot ourselves in the knees again.

Can I just say that poor season ticket sales will not necessarily mean that shez will get the boot. Ronnie got the boot for this but people were not renewing season tickets directly because of him this won't be the case with Shez as the poll pretty much suggests the fans are behind him we couldn't say that about moore.

Edited by GlossopLatic

if we completely start fresh we will be back in the same position again and again, we got a good foundation of a team here that needs building on, look in areas that need to be worked on and work on them, no point fixing areas that are fine.

for example, allott n mcdonald are doing a hell of a job in CM, id keep them and try and get jarret and another midfielder who has a completely different style of play than them and thats cm sorted,

on LM get an experienced LM whos left footed, if we keep liddel then we will have competition for both wings off taylor and smalley,

another striker (possibly keep constantine)

another GK to ease in for crossley, and possibly another defender or another full back

so in conclusion -

Keep jarret n constantine

1 LM, 1 CM, 1 GK, 1 DF or possibly 2 and thats hould see us in a strong position, plus with the youth coming through we should then be a solid unit.

plus get rid of some that really have underperformed this seaason e.g. kalala, thompson and we should be fine

Constantly switching managers is never going to get us anywhere. We aren't a big club, we aren't going to attract the best managers, the best we can hope for is someone like Martin Allen :sleeping: Yes, this season hasn't been the best of seasons, but I think all managers need a time to settle, it's not like we're struggling against relegation is it?

We have Hughes and Davies staying here, our two best strikers who I think are good enough to fire us into promotion.

To do that they actually have to be on the pitch for most of the season.

No probs...I was gunna post on it earlier to say I'm not sure about spawn of the devil or Ince....they've had money aplenty to buy promotion....Posh with new owners and Winkleman who prints money and buys history, but just don't like talking about either of those scummy horrible clubs. Hating the fact they're coming up and only Stockport getting 3rd and Dale winning playoffs will please me now.

Back on topic here though...nice to see the support for Shez. I know we're a minority on OWTB (although 2,000+ members says not) but from 48 early votes, sense prevails (early to say it's anything significant, but still 46 yahs and 2 nos still speaks some volume.) It's sad that we've many voyeurs on here that feel the same way but won't express it. Although, they probably feel those who are most proactive on here do cover most points to be made.

Why are Peterborough scummy and horrible?

Posh and MK Dons: two more clubs destined to sail past us, I suspect.

You're probably gonna say the former. I'd love for us to see something different for a change, don't get me wrong. But looking at it with a rational mind, I think it'd be more beneficial for us to go up (maybe as bleedin' champions) in the long run next year. Saying that, we'd have to go up next year.

The chance to be league champions doesn't come often at this level. Ours was in 2006/7 and we utterly, utterly wasted it.

if we completely start fresh we will be back in the same position again and again, we got a good foundation of a team here that needs building on, look in areas that need to be worked on and work on them, no point fixing areas that are fine.

for example, allott n mcdonald are doing a hell of a job in CM, id keep them and try and get jarret and another midfielder who has a completely different style of play than them and thats cm sorted,

on LM get an experienced LM whos left footed, if we keep liddel then we will have competition for both wings off taylor and smalley,

another striker (possibly keep constantine)

another GK to ease in for crossley, and possibly another defender or another full back

so in conclusion -

Keep jarret n constantine

1 LM, 1 CM, 1 GK, 1 DF or possibly 2 and thats hould see us in a strong position, plus with the youth coming through we should then be a solid unit.

plus get rid of some that really have underperformed this seaason e.g. kalala, thompson and we should be fine

Thompson has been injured all season, how can that mean he has really underperformed??????????????????

So you are basing that on 125 people vote - LOL

I think it's safe to say the majority of Shez outers have already voted at BP - with their feet. Let's not kid ourselves, there are a lot of unhappy fans out there, and the dip in attendances is no coincidence.

Now the playoffs are highly unlikely, whats the public opinion? Shez is a young manager, about to go into his third season in management, should he be sacked or supported?

:bored:

Boring