Playoffs now highly unlikely.

Guest sheridans_world

Change of Manager?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheridan Be....

• Sacked
    • Supported

I think it's safe to say the majority of Shez outers have already voted at BP - with their feet. Let's not kid ourselves, there are a lot of unhappy fans out there, and the dip in attendances is no coincidence.

That's not necessarily a response to Shez though is it? High prices, too many midweek games, the fact that we've been in the same league for eleven years now and the fairweather fan's interest is waning. FFS, we took 5,500 to Everton...beat them, and then got a crap attendance the next week at home to Brighton. There's other factors too. Those that watch the team week in week out seem to know, for the most part, that Shez is the man to take the club forward.

Next year with new physios, and stronger strength in depth, we'll start winning and the crowds will come back. Not to a lot, probably not even to 8k, but they'll come back.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are basing that on 125 people vote - LOL

Please tell me you're taking the mick. How do you think opinion polls are done?

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NO PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Shezza in every time - whatever we do - his whole philosophy on footy is somet I agree with & admire!

You should be applauded for managing to get 'Shez' and 'Philosophy' into the same sentence. :)

Now try to do the same with 'Allardyce' and 'Integrity' :grin:

Think the poll results show the Shez-out brigade are a very small but vocal minority.

Perhaps some people are mixing the two together and drawing the wrong conclusions. I think many are voicing their concerns and disappointments with the season but not wanting Shez out. Giving the very impression you've drawn above.

Guest sheridans_world
:bored:

Boring

Yes, very boring when people dont contribute to the debate.

Good to see that the stats on this poll show that more people are in favour of Shez staying than the last poll. I agree it gets tedious doing all the polls but, it shows that the majorty of the crowd are behind Shez. Giving the 'shez-out' brigade (mainly Kyle :wink:) a look at just how popular Shez is!

Maybe a 'Are you happy with the way the season panned out?' poll would bring a different set of figures?

I still think some might see that as a personal attack on Shez, and would therefore state that they were delighted with our season rather than admit improvements were lacking.

Tin hat on in anticipation again.

fair play senor, your the first person to suggest someone.

now any more anyone?

Yeah, apart from

QUOTE(Chris Ogden @ Apr 4 2008, 21:00 PM)

Working on the basis of we need change, please nominate candidates who are available, realistic and would see OAFC as a step forward.

Excluding Ritchie I can't think of anybody, but I remain very interested as to your shortlist.

QUOTE (danoafc @ Apr 4 2008, 22:44 PM)

Mike Newell. I would just add that I DO NOT Shez sacked.

And the half dozen other times I've posted the same thing on almost every pointless 'Shez out' thread there has been this season. :wink:

Sorry Ross - didn't see you'd answered that point further up/down the thread :blush:

Edited by danoafc

Disappointwed we've let Constantine go, not because he's been a great player(I wouldn't know, I haven't seen him play), but because we've just lost 2 players to injury, so letting an experienced first team footballer go is insane.

Plus, I'm going to remain an eternal optimist until it becomes mathematically impossible to achieve a play off spot.

Guest oa_exile
Disappointwed we've let Constantine go, not because he's been a great player(I wouldn't know, I haven't seen him play), but because we've just lost 2 players to injury, so letting an experienced first team footballer go is insane.

Plus, I'm going to remain an eternal optimist until it becomes mathematically impossible to achieve a play off spot.

Two reasons, save on the wage bill and give the kids a bit more 1st team experience.

I would think even the "Happy Clappers" have to conclude that the Play off's are out of reach now.

Edited by oa_exile

Yes, very boring when people dont contribute to the debate.

Good to see that the stats on this poll show that more people are in favour of Shez staying than the last poll. I agree it gets tedious doing all the polls but, it shows that the majorty of the crowd are behind Shez. Giving the 'shez-out' brigade (mainly Kyle :wink:) a look at just how popular Shez is!

I have made my opinion known on many many other topics about this subject and am getting sick of it to be honest.

That's not necessarily a response to Shez though is it? High prices, too many midweek games, the fact that we've been in the same league for eleven years now and the fairweather fan's interest is waning. FFS, we took 5,500 to Everton...beat them, and then got a crap attendance the next week at home to Brighton. There's other factors too. Those that watch the team week in week out seem to know, for the most part, that Shez is the man to take the club forward.

Next year with new physios, and stronger strength in depth, we'll start winning and the crowds will come back. Not to a lot, probably not even to 8k, but they'll come back.

You live in a dream world pal.......

GET A GRIP

Why would you spunk pointless wages? confused

You live in a dream world pal.......

GET A GRIP

As per usual, a well argued point.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE STAYING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deal with it rick, its called not sticking your head in the sand.

No, it is called having a life and not wanting to get stuck in a constant In or Out debate about our manager. Time to talk about something different for a change in my opinion.

(This is not having a go at anyone's posts under this topic - I really couldn't muster the desire to read any of them due to being bored of the topic)

Perhaps we should change the name from Oh When The Blues to Should He Stay Or Should He Go

As per usual, a well argued point.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE'RE STAYING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SSSSHHHH the we love Shez police are here!

Sarcasm?

No, it is called having a life and not wanting to get stuck in a constant In or Out debate about our manager. Time to talk about something different for a change in my opinion.

(This is not having a go at anyone's posts under this topic - I really couldn't muster the desire to read any of them due to being bored of the topic)

Perhaps we should change the name from Oh When The Blues to Should He Stay Or Should He Go

Shez be or not to be, that is the question only TTA know

Guest sheridans_world
I have made my opinion known on many many other topics about this subject and am getting sick of it to be honest.

Rick, threads can always be ignored, you do not have to post on them all.

Rick, threads can always be ignored, you do not have to post on them all.

Yes I know that I am not obliged to post. But if I feel that I have an opinion, I am equally allowed to express that view.

My view is that the constant Shez in/out debate is boring.

Posts can always be ingored too, and you don't need to reply to this unless you want to of course ^_^

I've a little thought, save making a thread in the general area, where few frequent.

Us Oldhamers love to be negative and chat about the axing of managers. So, Sean O'Driscoll spent a fair bit this year, and Donny are sitting in 3rd, and may not even go up this year. Should he then be sacked? Surely, because he spent like he did, he ought to have lead the South Yorkshiremen up automatically, nevermind via the PO's. So, say they stay in this division, should he go?

Going off what the general consensus, he should, yes? Same applies to Colin Calderwood, I imagine.

I've a little thought, save making a thread in the general area, where few frequent.

Us Oldhamers love to be negative and chat about the axing of managers. So, Sean O'Driscoll spent a fair bit this year, and Donny are sitting in 3rd, and may not even go up this year. Should he then be sacked? Surely, because he spent like he did, he ought to have lead the South Yorkshiremen up automatically, nevermind via the PO's. So, say they stay in this division, should he go?

Going off what the general consensus, he should, yes? Same applies to Colin Calderwood, I imagine.

The poll suggests that less than 13% want Shez sacked so presumably, the majority are positive?

Don't really know enough about Calderwood to comment to be honest.

As for Sean O'Driscoll, he is probably the best tactician in this League; gets his side playing attractive, flowing football and if Doncaster miss out this Year, then I'm sure they will be stronger under him next Season. Ok so he's had a lot to spend but then again, I'm not sure that all of Doncaster's purchases are of his choosing.

Were Shez to go, then I'd love O'Driscoll to be our next Manager but I suspect that he will be in The Championship with Donny.