What really disappointed me yesterday

I thought Hughes' wage had been said out loud and didn't amount to a great deal (somewhere in the region of £80k per year).

I seem to remember that figure being mentioned in the media. But that was probably made up...

(Although knowing our red tops, if they had made it up they'd have said £80k a week. :lol: )

He kicked it in the right general direction, but you could tell he was taking out a degree of frustration on the ball too...

No big deal to be honest, and entirely justifiable given the 'performance'. I didn't have a ball, so I had to kick the guy next to me... :blink:

He kicked it in the right general direction, but you could tell he was taking out a degree of frustration on the ball too...

No big deal to be honest, and entirely justifiable given the 'performance'. I didn't have a ball, so I had to kick the guy next to me... :blink:

No big deal? ok what would happen if a player on the field of play did that? would you expect a booking? so whats the alternative a ref could do to a manager? send him to the stands! and then Sheridan can talk till he's blue in the face to his players about disipline and silly bookings can't he?

This is what happens when you get people who will defend Sheridan blindly, you'll get people like me pointing out his short comings to re-address the balance. It's incidents like this and his continual bollockings to players throughout matches that makes me wonder just what the players actually think. If you kick a dog every day eventually the dog just expects it rather than having the effect of stopping it :censored:ting on the carpet.

Lags, calm down.

He didn't kick the ball away, he just gave it a tad more welly than he might've done in the right direction. A player would have been unlucky to be booked for it, and likewise I suspect the 4th official just had a quiet calming word in Shez's ear.

And I'm getting heartily sick of all this b*tching and moaning about Shez shouting at the players during a match. Just because that's how he is when you see him - during the most stressful 90 minutes of the week - does NOT mean that's how he is with the players the rest of the time. Besides - ask any player, irrespective of how a manager is during a game - and they'll tell you they hear 10% of it at most.

Lags, calm down.

He didn't kick the ball away, he just gave it a tad more welly than he might've done in the right direction. A player would have been unlucky to be booked for it, and likewise I suspect the 4th official just had a quiet calming word in Shez's ear.

And I'm getting heartily sick of all this b*tching and moaning about Shez shouting at the players during a match. Just because that's how he is when you see him - during the most stressful 90 minutes of the week - does NOT mean that's how he is with the players the rest of the time. Besides - ask any player, irrespective of how a manager is during a game - and they'll tell you they hear 10% of it at most.

Our previous manager was berated for not shouting at the players enough and seemingly not looking as though he cared. Shez does shout at the players and still gets it in the neck!

Lags, calm down.

Telling me to calm down would suggest I am bubbling, which I certainly aint. Sorry to disappoint.

So the right direction you say... what direction was that then? as I recall the ball kinda flew towards the corner flag from a drop volleyed ball, blasted in petulant anger whilst verbally remonstrating with his own players. So it was a corner kick to us was it? or a goal kick to them? just curious if my memory is as clear as I seem to think.

Our previous manager was berated for not shouting at the players enough and seemingly not looking as though he cared. Shez does shout at the players and still gets it in the neck!

Yeah continually to the point of it now being meaningless.

Glad to hear you're calm Lags. :wink:

If my memory serves, the ball was indeed more or less drop kicked, hit the advert boards behind the goal and came back to whoever it was who was about to take a throw-in. One of the best passes of the match I thought... :grin: