Name and shame the PE teacher who leathered you...

leeslover

Rocky's mention of Mr Skilling at Bishop Henshaw/Cuthberts set me reminiscing...

The very same lovable Rhodesian once saw me hitting a rock with my hockey stick on the way up to the pitch. He told me, in a calm measured voice to go and get the rock and bring it to him. I did, he then borrowed me stick and used it to hammer the stone (which was large and sharp) into the top of my skull. To this day, I have never hit another rock with a hockey stick.

Also got the strap off Mr :censored:ehead in Our Lady's the year after it was made illegal. Granted I was smacking this lad, but only on the basis that every time he stick his foot underneath me whilst I did a forward roll, he got punched.

God Bless Mr Skilling, eh lees. How he's never been sacked, I do not know.

The girls p.e teacher was just as bad.

Mrs Cook. The Scouse nutcase, who ran and cycled everywhere. She used to tell the girls too absolutely leather each other, and be as aggresive as possible in friendly hockey games. :lol: Good entertainment for the boys, watching the girls leather each others shins, trying to hit a ball.

What ever they saw their arse over. Enright Coshed two full classes for making a racket. I suppose going at the front to get it out of the way wasn't such a good idea. The ones who chose to go at the back got it the hardest, for going to the back (obviously).

Was it definitely "Mrs" Cook Rocky? I always thought she might be too devoted to her rug and bean collections to have time for a husband. I wouldn't have fought her anyway.

Lesbian. Hmmmmmm. I dont know about that one.

Miss Ryan, the English teacher, who i'm guessing wasnt around in your day, was definately a rug muncher.

Obviously no one will have heard of mine, since I went to school in the north east (Boldon Comprehensive). Mr Fairclough was the name of the teacher who kicked me, full force, round the back of the legs in first or second year for messing about in rugby. I hated rugby so used to take the piss quite frequently. Anyway, he then made me and a couple of mates do three laps of the field. It was no ordinary field. I was all of six football pitches, two rugby and one hockey put together.

My next violent encounter with a PE teacher was the delighfully named Mr Huckle and I hate to this day and would happily cave his head in - and usually I'm quite the passivist. We were playing hockey and I was getting stuck in trying to win the ball; he blew up for a foul against me but I didn't hear the whistle. So he kindly came up behind me, put the whistle right in my ear and blew it. It sounds stupid but it was painful. He shouted in my face "Did you hear that?" So I took the hockey stick behind my head ready to knock his head off, before the red mist passed and I barked back "Yes!" and walked off. It wiped the scowl off his ugly mug though.

:angry:

i obviously led a sheltered school life as i never got the cane /cosh/slipper etc...

although, our games teacher was a fella called hollinshead ( i saw him slipper people for forgetting pe kit!!) who had links with the club during the 80/90's.....

the second link was that they used to bus us from school ( grange!) down to chapel road of all places...

i would of put a lot more effort into those mad c/country runs around and around the place if i knew it was going to be 'holy' ground one day...

I remember Billy bunter (Mr Hunter) from Royton and Crompton. If you ever went with the excuse of Ive forgot my PE kit you'd be made to do PE in your underwear...lol I never forgot my kit again I can tell you.

Also in Junior School. St James in Shaw. Mr Stansfield. I remember him cracking one lad round the head smacking him into the window shouting Stupid boy!!!! The whole class fell silent because the lad was actually a few pennies short of a pound. Felt well sorry for him :(

Apart from that I escaped some bad punishments considering what I got up to.

Funily enough, the Teacher who struck fear into the heart of young boys at Kaskenmoor in the early 90's was Mr Devaney.

And he was sat behind me against Millwall, i completely ignored him, as he was a git, he would scare the living daylights out of kids and threaten them, but looking at him now i wonder why, as he looks like a fat Oompah Lompah!

Also Mr Rowell, he was a pirate, he had a patch over his eye and in the first year all the rumours go around about him and what is under his patch, people were scared of him because of it, but when all said and done he was actually a decent teacher, and became headmaster not long after i left.

Mr Dyson, the maths teacher, i would consistantly wear trainers to school just so he would send me out of his class, and on the odd occassion he gave me detention for the slightest thing, like looking around the room while he was talking, or drawing, or sticking drawing pins on peoples chairs, well obviously that was a good reason, but he would walk the yard at dinner looking for offenders with trainers on, and give them detention, even if they were playing footie!

The best story was when we queueing up for maths outside his room and an Asian lad i never got on with, actually i dont think anybody liked him, came upto me and cracked me one, my glasses went flying into the room and the teacher saw my glasses and came outside, at that precise moment i was kicking ten shades of :censored: out of him, but guess what, i get a weeks detention and when i say he started it, even when i showed the damage to my goggles he wasnt having it, the unamed asian lad was seen as the victim!

He had it coming to him though!

Also we used to have the odd rioy at our school, as there was a lot of Asian and white battles, and cars and cars of lads would turn up at 3pm waiting for it to go off, one afternoon there was word that a teacher had been stabbed, but obviously it was playground rumour, but the whites thought the asians had done it and vice versa, but infact nothing had happened, after school there were police, ambulances and hundreds of cars lining Roman Rd, we then started to believe our own fabricated story about a Teacher being stabbed??? (it all sounds stupid now but at the time was a major event!)

It then came to a head with a mass brawl on the grass across from school (which is now the M60) roughly 100+ lads just going at it, a teacher foolishly tried to step in but got his arse handed to him, who was the teacher???

Mr Dyson, i would say he deserved it at the time, but ive grown up now and i still think he is a prick!

Several, although I wasn't amongst the maimed.

2 at Hollin High School in Midd. Mr Wright just evil and demented and one of them teachers wot did a bit of PE on the side, I'm not 100% sure of his name, he was Irish anyway and I can well recall him flipping his lid one day during an interhouse football match and twatting the living daylights out of one lad (literally had him on the floor punching and slapping him), everybody was so stunned we just stood there, the lad iirc ran off home and I don't recall that teacher taking us for football PE again.

On a tangent the real nutter was Mr Grundy, metalwork teacher, first lesson he said "Morning boys, I'm MrGrundy, thats spelt G-O-D" favourite punishment, fasten a lads arms crucifix like into two vices and leather the poor trapped soul with the biggest slipper in the world ever, 27 of the best.

Later went to Moorclose in Midd where we too had a Mr Hunter, Gordon was his name, and when Jilted John was in the charts one lad decided to serenade him with "Gordon is a moron", he got chased around the dressing room, cornered hung on the coat hooks and beaten big style with a plain plywood table tennis bat.

They'd get locked up now :angry:

Edited by StipeTripe

Mr Wright who had a hairdo like Alan Brazil,iirc....total nutcase.

Was Mr Ward,around in your time stipey,maths/p.e,again a complete head the ball

Mr Wright could have been in the hair bear bunch.

Mr Ward rings a bell, what did he look like?

I was there Sept 75 to July 78.

Big nose and a twitch...

P.s i was born in 75,so maybe not

Just rang me sister, she was 5 years behind me and she remembers a Mr Ward teaching maths, had a tache, also taught guitar!!!

But now you mention big noses I remember we had another PE teacher at Moorclose with a big nose we used to call him pot nosed Pete, can't remember his surname though. He was alright actually, got us free tickets for Latics a couple of times and organised a coach and tickets to watch England in a WC qualifier at Wemberlee against Switzerland.

Edit -- Eeeekkkk just looked it up, 27 years ago, good job we had "Phil" at RB

Ingerland

Edited by StipeTripe

I remember Billy bunter (Mr Hunter) from Royton and Crompton. If you ever went with the excuse of Ive forgot my PE kit you'd be made to do PE in your underwear...lol I never forgot my kit again I can tell you.

We had the gypo cabinet for those times.

It was all stuff from lees days, which had been left there. Awful. Never been watched since. Worn by hundreds of youngsters who forgot there P.E kit.

What we would have gived to do P.E in our underwear, when we forgot our kit. It got too the stage, where people used to hide each others bags, so they'd have to use the Gypo cabinet. :lol::lol:

GYYYYPPPPPPPPPPO, GYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPO, GYYYYPPPPPPPPPO

there are a few of my old teacher's who i would like to :rifle: but 1really stands out a fat git called mr morley ,i went to unsworth comp ... school in bury and our pe teacher was called mr morley and he was :trollarse: he said to use that we will be only playing rugby this year , and me being a :clown: at school said " and your going to be the ball ,and i told him i don;t like rugby as it for gays (there was a rumour that morley as a :ass1: banger ) he did not like what i said and made me run around the playing field for the whole lesson ,and it was raining too ,when the lesson ended he made a remark to me about being jewish ,so i went to the head and complained with my mum ,he had to say sorry to me and my mum ,and my mum wrote to the head of education in bury complaing about him ,the fat git got the sack ,if it happened today he would also get a jail sentance for it , but if i ever saw him i will :rifle:

Also we used to have the odd riot at our school, as there was a lot of Asian and white battles, and cars and cars of lads would turn up at 3pm waiting for it to go off, one afternoon there was word that a teacher had been stabbed, but obviously it was playground rumour, but the whites thought the asians had done it and vice versa, but infact nothing had happened, after school there were police, ambulances and hundreds of cars lining Roman Rd, we then started to believe our own fabricated story about a Teacher being stabbed??? (it all sounds stupid now but at the time was a major event!)

It then came to a head with a mass brawl on the grass across from school (which is now the M60) roughly 100+ lads just going at it, a teacher foolishly tried to step in but got his arse handed to him, who was the teacher???

They didnt come to a head Beardy.

I've heard loads of stories about the race riots in various Oldham schools. In Particularly, those at Kaske.

Sounds a bit like Oldham college when I was there a few months after the riots. By Eck. It werent half dodgy

had the misfortune to be at saddleworth at the end of the seventies which meant i had to the odius phill larder (yes that one ) for my pe teacher god do i hate thugby .Bieng one of the smallest in my year meant i was used as a punch bag by all the numbnuts in our sport group so hated it eventualy he worked it out & gave those of us who hated thugby the choice to do cross country needless to say i VERY good at it which realy did pish himoff .

I went to a Girlie school, and quite recently, so there was no corporal punishment. I feel I missed out on so much! I was a good girl anyway :angel: .

We did however, have a very very odd Latin teacher called Miss Hatch, who took a dislike to one girl and made her stand in the bin for the whole of most lessons for 3 years. She used to eat chalk and plants. And she insisted we all took on the persona of a character with a Roman name, and we were only allowed to use/respond to those names during lessons.

She also made us bounce up and down on our arses whilst singing a tune about the order of Latin sentences.

And she played violin in the school orchestra (usually reserved for pupils).

There was also an English teacher called Mr Cook who used to talk in a fake scouse accent all the time. Really really no idea why.

:mad::clown: :huh2: :freak: :jester: :joker: :sign0094:

Apparently they've both passed away now. Weird, since in my head, they're still only about 50.

We did however, have a very very odd Latin teacher called Miss Hatch, who took a dislike to one girl and made her stand in the bin for the whole of most lessons for 3 years. She used to eat chalk and plants. And she insisted we all took on the persona of a character with a Roman name, and we were only allowed to use/respond to those names during lessons.

She also made us bounce up and down on our arses whilst singing a tune about the order of Latin sentences.

There was also an English teacher called Mr Cook who used to talk in a fake scouse accent all the time. Really really no idea why.

:mad::clown: :huh2: :freak: :jester: :joker: :sign0094:

Apparently they've both passed away now. Weird, since in my head, they're still only about 50.

CUCKOO!!!! ..........and i though my teachers were barmy!!

Mr Clinton PE teacher at Lyndhurst juniors when i were a young un had a neat party piece of grabbing your hair at the sideburn on one side of your head then hoisting you up 'til you were on tip toe before telling you what a nasty little naughty git you were,then he'd stop one of the kids who had trainers on borrow it and leather you with it (thus implicating the kid who's trainer he had borrowed in your pain leading to playground retribution for said judas later) genius :unsure:

Fitton Hill Comp,think maybe Mr Walsh and Tamar Bridge may have been alumni of this sterling academy before i made an appearance there.My class teacher for five years "Corky" was also a pro rugby player and when he hit you or had you shake hands with Harold(his pet name for his strap) you stayed hit.Only had the pleasure once,in my first year,made sure i never did it again.

Deputy head was Mr Murray used to wander round with a golf club all the time in a threatening manner,sure he used to lift the girls skirts with it.Had an RE teacher but for the life of me can't remember his name but he liked to sing a song.Always precluded by him opening a little case he carried containing a recorder,blowing one note for tuning purposes then putting it back in the case before starting to sing.

Jim the Geography teacher,by the time we were in 5th year he had developed a little thing for one of the girls and used to wander up during lessons on the pretext of seeing her work as an excuse to get close to her.This was always preceded by a nervous cough as he approached her.Summat all the lads in the class quickly latched on to leading to convulsive coughing fits around the clas whenever he approached the vicinity. :lol: