Season Tickets

Such systems have worked at other clubs so why not ours.

Catchments!

Red Scum, Man:censored:ty, Bolton, PlasticLatics, Blackburn, Stockport, Rochdale, Bury, Uddersfield....you could even throw in gloryhunting Liverpool fans (I know a few!)

Bradford....a city....

Sjoke....a city....

Maths and history suggest it won't work for us.

Arguably Bradford have a similar kind of catchment area issue to us. Yes they're probably slightly bigger, but they still have to contend with Hudds, Leeds, Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield and us all within 20 miles or so.

And the Premiership club in that lot is? :wink:

I know what you're saying. But I think you know what I'm saying too.

I think its totally different. The football club are providing a source of entertainment. They shouldnt just give up on trying to attract support. We have seen the potential of the town when we let people in for free and it was a sell-out. I think a good attempt to attract new and existing supporters should be made every season. If you dont then crowds will just continue to dwindle. Such systems have worked at other clubs so why not ours.

I think calling a free game a "sell out" is a bit odd. When they charged £2 a game, we got about 4000 extra fans, a few of whom bothered to turn up for the Forest New Years day massacre, but very few of whom (or none) turned up for the next game. So 2 games at £2 each, then an AMAZING game, then they don't bother. 5426 for the penultimate league game when we were in the play offs. 10,207 when it's £2.

Arguably Bradford have a similar kind of catchment area issue to us. Yes they're probably slightly bigger, but they still have to contend with Hudds, Leeds, Barnsley, Doncaster, Sheffield and us all within 20 miles or so.

I think the biggest issue is that the GM area is a conurbation. Geographically distinct towns like Blackburn, Dingleton, Barnsley and Huddersfield tend to have a stronger identity and more settled populations – for example, it’s nothing to move from Oldham to Rochdale or vice versa, in fact I’ve done both. Hence you get a lot of people from, say, Oldham or Bury who think nothing of going to the Manc teams, in fact to them they are supporting the local club in a way that someone from Doncaster or Huddersfield wouldn’t do about going to Leeds. Of course a lot still do but I think the separation helps keep them honest.

What would get fan's back at BP?

1. Cheaper Tickets - Comes at a loss unless a lot get a ST/ turn up at the gate.

2. Better Football - We can hope but can't guarentee that.

3. Atmosphere- RRE Singers will boost it up a level!

4. Ease of access to the Ground - Bring back football specials from surrounding towns/villages.

5. Plenty of Booze - Bars in RRE which where I'll be anyways.

6. Local teams put up price - Not going to happen apart from Utd anyways.

7. Knowing when games are on - Sign at top of Sheepfoot, simple.

8. Less power mad Stewards - Upto people at the top to sort them out.

9. A star player - A crowd pleaser, Scholes available? maybe not yet eh.

10. Less Moaners - Well somethings you can't change..

11. Decent music,cheerleaders,half time entertainment etc..

The club needs a big shake up, we can't rely on the good old days to keep us going. With the re-development nows the time to do things. Will any of these be done? I doubt it but if they want the gate to increase then some of these should be done as soon as possible.

the club also needs a decent pub/bar attatched to he ground. the clayton arms was a joke and we didn't get any money from it. this would generate loads more income if it was done right. rochdale's is a nice set-up. something like that but bigger and better.