Paul Scholes

just think of the merchandising possibilities for the club as well as the increased attendances. you would get a lot of utd fans coming along just to see scholes play.

I'll have Schole's on my shirt! :grin:

Imagine the press surrounding that though aswell, Sky Sports would be all over it. ^_^

Paul Scholes is a family centred bloke more than anything, hence the England decision, not a chance in hell of him going to Sunderland or out of area for anyone. Living at Grasscroft, kids settled, quality cars, nice home, IF United do win the Champions L could easily see him joining us in 12 months time just because he can indulge himself and enjoy playing for his team and helping lift the status. Just think of who would like to play for a team with Scholes in it. Perhaps even Chris Hall would be tempted back :wink: Can see him always having a job offer at Old Trafford but could possibly be tempted to have a bit of fun and go out of playing with a proper club!

i tend to agree with most of your post.....

but has anyone really thought about the 'slightly' bigger picture?

yes he has all the trappings of a luxury life.... as well as the wife n kids thing, cars, house and bank balance etc...

he works for a firm that allows him to enjoy all the above things without one iota of worry/concern about anything. his working attire is top of the range, his workplace could be said to be second to none...and more importantly the medical facilities are out of this world!

WE don't appear to have a physio, and not a regular one since nobby left months ago!

the infastructure at our club is delapidated (ok that's supposed to being changed shortly?) at best!

in a nutshell........ i will compare it to a delivery man...

option 1 - you work yr nads off and the company gives you a decent pension, pays you well, and has given you all the mod cons and a new van every year to do your job!

option 2 - ... g g g g g g g granville? where's ya bike? oh and if you f f f f f f fall of it...don't expect any time off..

sorry but when one is wrapped in cotton wool, you will never go back to sandpaper!

HE AINT COMING!!!!

yes he has all the trappings of a luxury life.... as well as the wife n kids thing, cars, house and bank balance etc...

he works for a firm that allows him to enjoy all the above things without one iota of worry/concern about anything. his working attire is top of the range, his workplace could be said to be second to none...and more importantly the medical facilities are out of this world!

WE don't appear to have a physio, and not a regular one since nobby left months ago!

the infastructure at our club is delapidated (ok that's supposed to being changed shortly?) at best!

HE AINT COMING!!!!

Ever seen American Beauty? Kevin Spacey's character going to work for the local Drive-Thru McDonalds after being disallusioned with life as a high flying exec?

That'll be Scholes then.

Scholesy stated in a recent edition of 4-4-2 magazine that he had heard the story about his move to Oldham, but didn't know where it had started from. He also stated he hadn't decided what his next move was going to be.

Edited by mikejh45

Paul Scholes has always tried to steer clear of media attention and enjoys living a quiet life. As already said in this thread Scholes coming to Latics would create a massive media attention. For this reason alone I think he will never come.

Hope I am wrong though

Paul Scholes has always tried to steer clear of media attention and enjoys living a quiet life. As already said in this thread Scholes coming to Latics would create a massive media attention. For this reason alone I think he will never come.

what,like all the media attention he has with his career at scum? :blink:

what,like all the media attention he has with his career at scum? :blink:

Well thats the thing he doesn't get that much there does he. He is just another good player there, quietly going about his work allowing others to take the media attention. I.e Rooney, and that portugese :censored:

Well thats the thing he doesn't get that much there does he. He is just another good player there, quietly going about his work allowing others to take the media attention. I.e Rooney, and that portugese :censored:

well he shuns it there..he'll shun it here!

there its international..here,after all the hoo haa,will just be localised. :)

well he shuns it there..he'll shun it here!

there its international..here,after all the hoo haa,will just be localised. :)

It would only be like McAteer going to Tranmere. Except Paul Scholes is really good at football, and not a complete tard.

Did you really just compare McAteer to Paul Scholes. N McAteer loves the media, no one can have forgotten that advert.

"Jason knows he can have it all!"

I did compare them, but you might have noticed I didn’t find them to be too similar :) My favourite Trigger moment was when a waitress in a restaraunt asked if he wanted his pizza cut into 8ths. He said that he wasn’t that hungry, so she should just cut it into quarters :grin:

I did compare them, but you might have noticed I didn’t find them to be too similar :) My favourite Trigger moment was when a waitress in a restaraunt asked if he wanted his pizza cut into 8ths. He said that he wasn’t that hungry, so she should just cut it into quarters :grin:

My favourite Trigger story by far is the one told by razor Ruddock on Soccer AM... him and Trigger had been out on the lash one night and stayed at Macca's house.... they were late for training and when hey went to get into macateer's BMW, he realised that he had locked his keys in the car the night before.... him and razor started trying to break in when a police car drives past, stops,and asks them what the hell they are doing... they explain, and as the officer was a liverpool fan and realises who they are - offers to jimmy the door and get into the car.... so he asks if macateer has a coathanger to pick the latch on the door and slide down the window.... macateer says yes, and toddles off into his house for ages... and comes back looking all smug with himself.... carrying a Wooden coathanger...

He is truly the most stupid footballer ever... sorry, maybe not, i forgot about Jonathan Woodgate...