Scunthorpe & Colchester.....COME ON DOWN!

Glad that those two have come down, I know people who prefer the bigger teams to come down but there's less chance of those teams doing something next season than the likes of Southampton, Leicester and Sheff Wed. Although one of the afore mentioned could still be relegated. I'm hoping for Blackpool though....if Donny go up in second then Leeds in the playoffs then really the League is there for the taking next season for a team who goes for it.

Glad that those two have come down, I know people who prefer the bigger teams to come down but there's less chance of those teams doing something next season than the likes of Southampton, Leicester and Sheff Wed. Although one of the afore mentioned could still be relegated. I'm hoping for Blackpool though....if Donny go up in second then Leeds in the playoffs then really the League is there for the taking next season for a team who goes for it.

Just posted the same on the league table post... as we have blown it, it would make my end of season if Swansea, Donny and Leeds are promoted, and Colchester, Scunny and the lashers come down.... would make the division wide open.... I just cant understand anyone who wants the stronger teams to come down/stay down... I want out of this god-damn division and I want it as easy as poss.. I couldnt care less about 'big games'...

Plus I would love to batter the Lashers and Scunny next season... I really would... some real payback when we open a can of Hughes on their asses.... :headbang::boxer:

You have to remember those coming up as well tho. not going to be easy with either forest or Leeds not going up and Sheff weds/leicester coming down. but add to that, mk dons and peterborough have a lot of money, and it wouldnt surprise me if these two teams finish in the top six. in all honesty next seasons league could be the most difficult since the Dowie season.

Edited by philliggi

You have to remember those coming up as well tho. not going to be easy with either forest or Leeds not going up and Sheff weds/leicester coming down. but add to that, mk dons and peterborough have a lot of money, and it wouldnt surprise me if these two teams finish in the top six. in all honesty next seasons league could be the most difficult since the Dowie season.

... but it could be the easiest... I'd take Scunny, Lashers and Colchester, Plus MK Dons, Peterboro and Hereford (plus stockport, rockerdale, wycombe - whoever) for the exchange of just Leeds and Donny anyday....

Those two have the budget of all thsoe sides put together... even franchise FC have to rebuild, those two would just add... PLUS.. generally they would sign southern based players... we would not be competing with Leeds and Donny for every single northern based available player...

I agree the league would be more level with the removal of the dross at the bottom, but its anyones league if we get rid of Leeds, donny and swansea... it really is....

... and I so hope the lashers get relegated... I just think they will, the wendies and Leicester will dig their way out of it.... please!

Edited by BigfinLatic

Slightly off topic I know but I would love Bristol city to get promoted to the premiership. Just last season they were battling away in league 1 and now they are just 3 wins away from the premiership. I know they would get battered if they got promoted but it just shows what can still be achieved by the 'smaller' clubs.

got to agree with bigfin....

IMO the ONLY way we are gonna get promoted is with the financial muscle well out of the way!

get rid these so called 'BIG' clubs and their high attendances, 'cause we all know that means higher wages and less chance of players coming to us...

besides which how funny would it be if WE passed them on the way up as they came tumbling back down???

I get the finance thing, but we've narrowly lost to Leeds and Swans this year, beaten them both, and remained undefeated against Donny.

I can't see Blackpool coming down. Scunny will provide a nice little trip for us again, Colchester is a bit of a trip, but I bet we'd all travel to Leicester or Coventry - Coventry are broke, and Mandaric wouldn't be willing to dig that deep - so one of those would be a fantastic day out.

From below us, well they've all bottled it. I really have no idea who are gonna come up, but Rochdale would get a right reaction from us. I think MK are a little too far ahead. Hereford aren't anything major in terms of spending, so those 3 would be ideal.

It's funny you've all started mentioning the Lashers, coz I noticed their position today and looked up their last 3 games. How about this....(H) vs Sheff Weds!!! (A) vs Plymouth - never easy to get owt there and last game of the season (H) vs Watford!!!

Can see 3 losses from that lot! And if Weds win on Monday and then beat the Lashers, that'll be them clear. Down to what Leicester can do.....although, not sure if the Foxes have enough about them to get themselves out of it.

Personal choice would be Lashers every time.....failing that, any of the rest bar Southampton.

Edited by boundaryblue80

It's funny you've all started mentioning the Lashers, coz I noticed their position today and looked up their last 3 games. How about this....(H) vs Sheff Weds!!! (A) vs Plymouth - never easy to get owt there and last game of the season (H) vs Watford!!!

Can see 3 losses from that lot! And if Weds win on Monday and then beat the Lashers, that'll be them clear. Down to what Leicester can do.....although, not sure if the Foxes have enough about them to get themselves out of it.

Personal choice would be Lashers every time.....failing that, any of the rest bar Southampton.

Other teams seem to have sussed out how to play Blackpool: keep Hoolahan and Taylor-Fletcher quiet (double-mark them!) and cut out service to McPhee and Dickov, and beat them with pace on a break (Crainey's lack of pace is well documented). I saw them against West Brom on Tuesday and once Philips converted the penalty, Lashers just fell apart and Baggies could have scored 5. Looked like they weren't up to much at Cardiff today and they are now in freefall. With three tough matches coming up, I don't rate their chances highly, though they could just avoid the drop as neither Coventry nor Leicester are on a roll. B)

Other teams seem to have sussed out how to play Blackpool: keep Hoolahan and Taylor-Fletcher quiet (double-mark them!) and cut out service to McPhee and Dickov, and beat them with pace on a break

I like that, so basically stop their attacking four and nick a goal. Even RM must be able to work that one out :grin:

Exactly - the lashers are coming down... and i can see mideason turmoil for 'em... Hoolahoop and GTF will go, Larry will get poached by someone and they will be left with half a team to match their half a ground...

Dont know whether it will be harder or funnier to sing "You've only got two stands" when we only have 3 ourselves! :lol:

Exactly - the lashers are coming down... and i can see mideason turmoil for 'em... Hoolahoop and GTF will go, Larry will get poached by someone and they will be left with half a team to match their half a ground...

Dont know whether it will be harder or funnier to sing "You've only got two stands" when we only have 3 ourselves! :lol:

Predictions: Sheffield Wednesday are coming down again; the are a club in irreversible decline and set to spend coming decades veering between this division and the one above. They are one of those clubs that have gone beyond recovery...

If or when we bottle it again next season, a widespread excuse will be that we can't be expected to compete with massive clubs like Wednesday, nor MK Dons with their vast support and potential, nor Peterborough, who have owners prepared to throw money at promotion etc etc.

And on it goes...

At the end of the day it all comes down to us I can see why we will need Leeds and Doncaster out the way but our chances will come down to how we do and who we buy. The quote at the bottom of my post comes from Winston Churchill I think its relevent to us I don't buy this we ain't big enough to compete atleast to get out of this divison any sized club can do that aslong as they cut the cloth accordingly. Scunthorpe and Colchester in 2 very recent season have proved that its very possible for a small club to get out of this division we are potentially a bigger club than both those two and would have more staying power in the championship certainly with a better developed stadium.

i think its crucial that we make the smart signings, thats the best way for us to compete. We were first to figure out the Hughes situation, found a gem in the form of Davies over in Italy, and Hazell who was unwanted by Chesterfield? (at least i think it was chesterfield)

bring on next season, with the way we played yesterday with so many young players, the future can only be positive.

I know they, like any other club, doubtless need the new stadium to survive, but I love going to the antiquated Layer Road.

The whole experience reminds me of the days when football was football.

You mean stagnant grounds with stagnant football....oh the irony CJ....and there was me thinking you wanted up and away from that footballing world! One minute your quoting words like "cosmos" on here, the next your spouting that above and predicting gloom about Weds, MK Scum and Posh rising above us. You really are a ray of light.......in a deep space black hole!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Scunny coming down, classic example of 2 players making a team! Sharp and Keogh held that team together in L1. It will be interesting should Scotland leave swansea, just how they fair in the Champ.

Could see Trundle making a fairly swift return to the Liberty next season! Whether that'll be good or bad for them, I don't know.

I didn't realise Blackpool were in so much trouble

I would absolutely LOVE it if the Lasher scum were to come down this season. They would have half a squad to go with their half a ground, and might find their level in a couple of seasons (League Two).

The only thing which would make me want the bigger teams (Southampton, Leicester etc) to come down is the money generated when we play them at BP. We'd make more money off that one game in gate receipts than off playing yesterday's dross ten times.

Shame Preston won't be coming down with them, though. Another local derby to get excited about.

Keep the Faith

Predictions: Sheffield Wednesday are coming down again; the are a club in irreversible decline and set to spend coming decades veering between this division and the one above. They are one of those clubs that have gone beyond recovery...

This is a one and only time i'm going to say this... but I now agree with your Corpral.... just watching the wendies now... and they are god-awful.. a rag-tag bunch of kids, past it players and loanees.... they are just incapable of doing anything in the last third of the pitch....

... and, I had totally forgotten about the moron that is Jermaine Johnson... any team with him in their side deserve to be relegated.... its a pity the lashers and the wendies cant both be relegated... but bring on the trip to sheffield.... and the JJ bashing...