END OF SEASON SQUAD UPDATE.

Guest oa_exile
Braver man than I am! In that case, Thompson's injury must've been a brain injury coz it was his woeful positioning that was embarrassing and often leaving him exposed and looking gash. If Shez does do as you mention, then it'll be another tick in the "mistake" column. If he continues racking them up next season, then he's going to lose those who are all in favour for him.

:idea: He did take a nasty bang in head , well >>Nose<< actually , before the season kicked off , maybe this has added to the other various injuries he has had this season :tongue1:

I'm trying to have a "Think positive day" :) ask me again tomorrow mate :grin:

I dont know why, but there is something in me that constantly refuses to believe Thompson is as bad as he is... I just have this folorn hope that suddely he will rise as some sorrt of all conquering savior, roy of the rovers style, into our team.... and solve all our problems, propelling us into the Premier league miraculously in one season...

I just have this faith that we aint seen the best of him... he has played for ireland for gods sake... he must have some talent.. surely??? I just think he will still be her next year... and might just show us that he can play a bit of football...

... but then again.. i could be wrong...

We've seen some bad defenders, but so far he's vying with Mark Arber for worst ever in my book. I still can't believe what I saw at Clyde....just describing it won't do it justice, but to try to, for a professional to do what he did astounded me....just stood infront of his GK in the 6yr box, blocking his view (he was right infront of Crossley), needing to move his foot about 1 stride....instead, allowing the ball to drift across and heading into the far corner, he just watches it go past him and in. It happened almost in slow motion.

I admit, I couldn't understand his signing last summer. His pre-season efforts worried me and his start to the season confirmed my concerns. I really do hope he can turn it around, if he isn't sent packing but I just don't see any ability in him. As I didn't last season when he saw us stick 8 past him and his defences.

Edited by boundaryblue80