ST Prices confirmed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad everyone seems to be happy with the fact that the club are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to attract fans who aren't happy clapperd back to the club. Not got a problem with paying £308 but have got a problem with being sat there in stone cold silence every ###### game and paying 300 quid for privilege. But as usual on this board unless you happy clap and agree withe everything our great club does you are a moaner. So so bored, bring back JK.

As a upper looker with a kid last year cost me £378, but this year i cant get a family discount for sitting in the main stand, so this year will cost me £487 an icrease of £109. Not much familt friendly is it ?

Thats true what happened to the family tickets in the main stand. Am hoping to sit in the chaddy end or rochdale road end. Not to sure yet.

There's a fair few on this site not happy with the season ticket prices and I too thought they may have done something radical, however I don't think a Huddersfield type scheme would work here at Boundary Park.

Even if they had filled the ground (10,000 home) with season ticket holders you'd have had a shortfall of about 500k.

TTA have been subsidising this club for 5 years and had to buy the ground as well.

The geezer at Huddersfield has only just arrived and they are looking for a short sharp fix.

I want promotion next season and we have to pay a little extra for success then so be it, Bradford had 12/13000 every game but ended up mid table.

If we go up next year all the hype surrounding season tickets will be forgotten!!!

What would you rather have...£5 a game or promotion?

Glad everyone seems to be happy with the fact that the club are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to attract fans who aren't happy clapperd back to the club. Not got a problem with paying £308 but have got a problem with being sat there in stone cold silence every ###### game and paying 300 quid for privilege. But as usual on this board unless you happy clap and agree withe everything our great club does you are a moaner. So so bored, bring back JK.

Have to agree - fans' genuine and understandable concerns are ridiculed by the happy clappy fun club.

Sad thing is, expectations were falsely raised following recent initiatives to increase crowds at Port Vale and Huddersfield, and of course at Bradford. Personally, I was hoping that some of the unexpected income from last season including the Trotman and cup run monies would have helped subsidise season ticket prices this season, however, I guess that these have gone into the ongoing running costs of the club. It does concern me though that the club do not seem able to able to arrest the decline in attendances.

I've had 2 texts already from people saying that they are not renewing next season. There will be hundreds more who will follow suit, unless an urgent rethink takes place.

The club looked at the schemes such as bradford's and concluded (rightly I think) that it wouldn't work. You either need to guarantee enough take up to increase overall revenue, or at minimum enough take up to seriously boost average home gates and thus improve the atmosphere and increase the twelfth man element. Conclusion was that neither would happen to sufficient extent.

Therefore, they've decided to play safe and - more or less - freeze prices.

Yes I'm sure that will mean a few hundred less season tickets bought this summer compared to last. However, I'm hopeful that the turnover of players - and therefore transfer/wage related costs - will be lower than recent seasons, thus allowing us to improve the squad where needed whilst remaining within budget. If this goes to plan, and we begin to do well next season then we're onto a winner. If we're in the top four come Christmas those who opted not to buy season tickets will begin to come back - paying on hte gate or taking the offer of a half-season ticket, thus increasing the clubs mid-season revenue and giving us a bit more flexibility in the January window. Everyone's a winner, job's a good 'un.

Edited by garcon

Have to agree - fans' genuine and understandable concerns are ridiculed by the happy clappy fun club.

Sad thing is, expectations were falsely raised following recent initiatives to increase crowds at Port Vale and Huddersfield, and of course at Bradford. Personally, I was hoping that some of the unexpected income from last season including the Trotman and cup run monies would have helped subsidise season ticket prices this season, however, I guess that these have gone into the ongoing running costs of the club. It does concern me though that the club do not seem able to able to arrest the decline in attendances.

I've had 2 texts already from people saying that they are not renewing next season. There will be hundreds more who will follow suit, unless an urgent rethink takes place.

Are these the same two who didn't go on Saturday as you posted elsewhere?

QUOTE(slurms mckenzie @ Apr 13 2008, 16:11 PM)

The pathetic attendances are the main indicator of whether Shez should go. I know a fair few season ticket holders who didn't go yesterday because they are sick of Shez.

Given the relative meaningless nature of the match, I was pleasantly surprised at the crowd size. Despite Slum's platoon of non-attenders amongst ST holders, we had 4200 home supporters. The hard core but it has bottomed out and the performance that was put on was really encouraging.

Against Hudders and Orient , we comprehensively outplayed the opposition. They may not have been the best of teams but we csan only beat what's put in front of us . And sometimes teams look poor because they are not allowed to play well.

Slum - you do what you want but don't be surprised if your misery is not shared. Roll on next season and ST's going on sale!

WHO raised expectations falsely? The club didn't, it was a few on here who wanted TTA to subsidise them even more - and put the future of the club at risk. If TTA are losing £800K per year it cerainly isn't unreasonable to use Trotman money etc to lessen that - and I'd rather there was money for signings than reducing ST prices.

Truth is Slums, you are happy with spreading doom and misery.

Edited by LaticsPete

Never understood why people pay more in the main stand paddock, the roof covers maybe the back three or four rows but the rest of 'em get as soaked as us paupers in the NSM, so offering main stand paddock tickets for around £250 would've been more reasonable. IF I could afford £308 would get a ticket simple as, but by sticking to their guns and pricing levels being set at £300+ coupled with a pretty crap season at home (that has shown a marked upturn since the end of January)that has seen fans desert us in their 100s sees the club shooting themselves in the foot. If we sell 2,500 i'll be surprised although the fact ST are being offered for the Rochdale Road end may see a few more sold that may not have been. I know the club are skint but many of the fans are too, and a more relistic early bird price band would have been £225-275 psychologically surely that would see a better take up.

Anyhow we'll see, and although i'm whingeing now no doubt i'll do what I did this season and beg steal and borrow to get my ticket before the deadline and the boy will mither me senseless to make sure he gets his.

if they had priced season tickets in the main stand paddock at £250, they would have been mobbed. all the lookers paddock season ticket holders would have snapped them up, and you have to remember there isnt that much room left in there in the first place. half the ground would want to go in there at that price.

on your other point, setting the earlybird price at £225 would lose the club approx £187,000 compared to the deal they have announced. in all honesty i dont think it would make that much difference. thee only way to make a difference to the up take imo would have been to do an udders, and im not to sure that would have such a dramatic impact at latics.

The Rivals site stilll exists. Perhaps you could use it more often?

Happy when I'm clapping, oh I'm happy when I'm clapping!

Hasn't the "scheme" thing been done to death? If you want one, come up with something workable. TTA say they have looked at it and can't find a way to make it work. Hudds have a wadded bloke subsidising theirs, bradford are pulling in over 10k (and are mid-table a league below). We don't get 10k at £2 a game.

The hardcore faithful will still be renewing.

Where exactly do you get that from ?

You been falling for real's crazy calculations ?!

Yeah carry on yard dog. You've fine tuned a scheme haven't you? Or do you just, fingers crossed, closed eyes, ooh please let it work, *think* it could work. Funny that TTA don't think so, but then it's easier snipe at others if you don't say anything that amounts to anything.

They planned on freezing the prices of season tickets months ago.

I am saying I am not getting one this year because this season we've been awful at times at home and I would rather go to all the away games instead, much better atmosphere and value for money.

That said I will leave it as long as possible to renew, in the vain hope that the ronnie moore ST sales scenario comes back around again lol.

I can honestly say I aint a happy clappy and tend to judge everything on it's individual merits, but for gods sake it's £13.40 a match!!! yes £13.40 per game. Plus pie and a prog or pie and a pint, thats £20 English Sterling for near on 4 hours of your time Saturday whilst the missis spends £60 of your English on a top! Jesus I tend to stick more the £20 in't tank for away games! and then shell out £20 plus for their worst stand. I'll repeat £13.40 per game.

###### me...Mossley's £7 dabs. and Chelsea about £55

Edited by Lags

you have to remember that they have to make enough money to cover heating, power, maintenance etc from the sale of the season tickets, plus to help with other departments so when all this is considered £308 isnt too bad.

308 x 3000 =£924 000 which should see us break even that is why prices are so high.

Where exactly do you get that from ?

You been falling for real's crazy calculations ?!

i like many was expecting a slight reduction on prices to try and stimulate interest and get people back to bp,think the £100 and £150 would have been a bit drastic,and more than likely took the club further into debt.

however keeping the prices the same didnt work this season,attendances havent increased,and if people who talk in the street keep saying they wont go back until the team start doing something is anything to go by,then the club may well lose more pay on the day fans.

for me personally if they were giving them out at £100 i still couldnt afford one as im unemployed,so i will unfortunately have to pick and choose games to come to.

of course if i find a job then hopefully i can get a half season ticket when there available.

but i still think they could of gone a little way to making it a more attractive proposition to stay aways,but what do i know.

I would be happy paying £308 for a season ticket,but unfortunately,because i am a resident of the chaddy,and have been for as many years as i care to remember,i have been shafted to the tune of £20!

Onwards with Hardy's relocate to the Rocky policy!!!! Fecker......

Yeah carry on yard dog. You've fine tuned a scheme haven't you? Or do you just, fingers crossed, closed eyes, ooh please let it work, *think* it could work. Funny that TTA don't think so, but then it's easier snipe at others if you don't say anything that amounts to anything.

Ha ha..we are all only *thinking* pal...no matter how many times you mess with your abacus and makes claims as if they are based on real figures.

I wasn't at the OASA meeting at Chadd Reform Club, but apparently it was said by Corney at the meeting that if they thought could get 7 - 8,000 STs sold at a reduced price they would do it in a heartbeat....that tells me that it is possible, but clearly they don't think we can sell enough STs. Shame they're not prepared to try......but perhaps understandable given the poor response they've had to other schemens.

ok.... that'll do for me!

how would ya like paying?

interesting as some posts are... £20 on the day is far, far too much! season ticket it is for me!

so i'll be cashing in them premium bonds that i started saving when i'd paid for the last season ticket.. (or am i the only one that has realised that this thing comes around EVERY season about this time????)

also.... i wonder how they'll fill the new stand when it's built? sure won't be the same price as others! so me thinks it's gonna be empty from the sounds of things...

100's of excuses why not to pay.... not many for why to pay!! anyone wanna start the ball rolling?

ok! i will then........

mine! i work my nads off, putting up with all sorts of rejects from the gene pool...

WHY? so i can live a decent standard of life, and after missing pretty much EVERY memorable moment from a latics perspective, the only ambition i had AFTER travelling the world on expenses was to own an oldham athletic season ticket to make sure that if they came around again, i wouldn't miss it!

here i am over a decade later...

where do i sign?

NEXT?

100's of excuses why not to pay.... not many for why to pay!! anyone wanna start the ball rolling?

ok! i will then........

mine! i work my nads off, putting up with all sorts of rejects from the gene pool...

WHY? so i can live a decent standard of life, and after missing pretty much EVERY memorable moment from a latics perspective, the only ambition i had AFTER travelling the world on expenses was to own an oldham athletic season ticket to make sure that if they came around again, i wouldn't miss it!

here i am over a decade later...

where do i sign?

NEXT?

Excellent post!

Here are all the teams within a 30 mile radius of Boundary park and a table for cost of Adult season tickets.

This would have made an interesting read and highlighted the various options available.

It would have also been interesting to see the match day price but if the truth be known

I cant be ar5ed finishing it lol.

Anyone want a go because I would be interested in reading it? :huh::blink:

L= Least M= Most.

Oldham Athletic, L Expensive £308 M Expensive £328 Miles 0

Rochdale AFC, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 4.98

Manchester FC, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 5.76

Bury FC, ,L Expensive M Expensive Miles 7.15

Manchester U, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 9.28

Stockport, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 10.82

Huddersfield, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 16.09

Burnley, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 16.68

Bolton, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 16.94

Accrington, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 17.61

Blackburn Rov, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 19.16

Macclesfield, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 21.49

Wigan Athletic, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 21.68

Bradford City, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 22.89

Barnsley, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.14

Leeds United, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.51

Preston NE, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.53

Sheffield Wed, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.58

Sheffield UTD, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 29.95

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Here are all the teams within a 30 mile radius of Boundary park and a table for cost of Adult season tickets.

This would have made an interesting read and highlighted the various options available.

It would have also been interesting to see the match day price but if the truth be known

I cant be ar5ed finishing it lol.

Anyone want a go because I would be interested in reading it? :huh::blink:

L= Least M= Most.

Rochdale AFC, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 4.98

Manchester FC, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 5.76

Bury FC, ,L Expensive M Expensive Miles 7.15

Manchester U, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 9.28

Stockport, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 10.82

Huddersfield, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 16.09

Burnley, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 16.68

Bolton, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 16.94

Accrington, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 17.61

Blackburn Rov, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 19.16

Macclesfield, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 21.49

Wigan Athletic, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 21.68

Bradford City, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 22.89

Barnsley, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.14

Leeds United, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.51

Preston NE, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.53

Sheffield Wed, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 27.58

Sheffield UTD, L Expensive M Expensive Miles 29.95

Take your pick and :censored: off and support one of them

My son has now reached the age of 16.

Can anyone tell me if I now have to pay the adult price for his season ticket or is there something in between,if so what is the cost ?

Thanks

Brat

There is an intermediate ticket for 16 to 19 yrs priced £183.

Link