Possible Signings?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is marlon beresford available

Beresford is the same age as Crossley, although he's a good keeper we need someone younger and cheap. If lardarse decides to play on another year, after his performances from November I wouldn't have a problem with that. So the best option then would a someone like O'Donnell on a season long loan, we'd benefit from having a regular understudy and young O'D would benefit from training every day with someone of Norm's experience.

Beresford is the same age as Crossley, although he's a good keeper we need someone younger and cheap. If lardarse decides to play on another year, after his performances from November I wouldn't have a problem with that. So the best option then would a someone like O'Donnell on a season long loan, we'd benefit from having a regular understudy and young O'D would benefit from training every day with someone of Norm's experience.

Signing's needed imo.

Jarrett, if we can get him on the cheap and if he can play regularly somewhere near the standard against Hudds

Clarke or similar big useless lump

Livermore, Versatility is important, Captain Material

Out and out Right Winger (Would love to see someone like Andy Robinson here)

Ball Player

Sub Keeper

Centre-Half

Tough decisions pending for Shez regarding the out of contract players, but are Stam, Liddell and Macca good enough to take us up a level? I'd say no.

I would definitely try and offload

Wolfy - Needs games, aint gonna happen

Kalala - Great performance at Goodison, but not a lot else.

Thompson - Parting of the ways best for both club and player, Just hasn't worked out. Wonder if Ronnie would consider a swap deal for Shuker?

So that would see 6 out and 7 in. TBH I can see that happening something will have to give so we can afford the new signings required to take us forward as I do think ST sales will suffer this summer. Partly due to price, partly due to indifference.

Edited by oafcprozac

for a keeper what about jasper schmeichal from city on a season long loan,think he's out on loan now, not sure where though.

At Coventry.

However he is looking to get a permanent deal, possibly abroad, next season. Has been told by Sven that he won't play much at City and yesterday was quoted as saying that he's on a good contract but has had offers for a transfer.

Personally I don't think he's as good as the media hype about him. It's the name that's all.

(perhaps it's Kasper I'm thinkin about. Lol.)

Edited by LaticsPete

Think the criticsm of Lids is a bit strange, hardly injured in career, high up on assist list when in team, admit his role would be reduced but a very handy bench player for 30 mins.

Aye, but lots of Latics fans like the Tricky Ricky or Eyresey type, someone who's going to make a full-back look like a total prat time and time again. Personally, I like how he looks after the ball, doesn't lose it in key areas and if there isn't anything on he makes sure it gets to a blue shirt, even though it may be back a lot of thye time.

You certainly can't argue with his assists record anyway.

Aye, but lots of Latics fans like the Tricky Ricky or Eyresey type, someone who's going to make a full-back look like a total prat time and time again. Personally, I like how he looks after the ball, doesn't lose it in key areas and if there isn't anything on he makes sure it gets to a blue shirt, even though it may be back a lot of thye time.

You certainly can't argue with his assists record anyway.

for what its worth,i would like to see jarrett stay,but only if we get him for a song,has shown glimpses of what he is capable of,and would be good to see him carry on behind the front 2 or 1.

constantine,got better the fitter he got,and is proven at this level,leeds may not want him and if the money is right i would prefer him over clarke.

livermoor if the money was right,good influence and calming player with bags of experience.

keigan parker,very quick and can play either as a striker or coming in from the flanks,although may be bound for pastures higher.

would like to see an out and out left winger,not really for takin the pee out of defenders and doing more stepovers than that manure idiot,but someone who can beat a man then put in a decent cross to the forwards.

would love to see wellens back,but dont think its going to happen

and a quality keeper,if not as number one defo as decent backup.

At Coventry.

However he is looking to get a permanent deal, possibly abroad, next season. Has been told by Sven that he won't play much at City and yesterday was quoted as saying that he's on a good contract but has had offers for a transfer.

Personally I don't think he's as good as the media hype about him. It's the name that's all.

(perhaps it's Kasper I'm thinkin about. Lol.)

sorry slip of the finger there,best go back to using one dinger,oops done it again.

i see that Aberdeen are releasing 2 strikers, Steve Lovell and Lee Miller. Miller is quality, 26yrs old and Lovell at 28yrs old has a decent record of goals, both would be good additions for us in my opinion. Thoughts?

Did they play against QOS in the televised cup match ?

Aberdeen were shocking may-be they have paid the price of failure

Still they are proven Dirty Leeds will probaly sign them up :angry:

Jarrett is quality and should be number 1 on the target list! If that means in place of McD then so be it, but if we keep McD he's back up and that's all. I do hope Shez doesn't go about repeating this season, next.....McD and Lids are not.....I REPEAT.....NOT.....part of the first XI next season. They're back up. Just hope he doesn't re-sign these guys and revert back to heart over head and stick them above others like JJ or Smalley or whoever else he brings in to get us up. No excuses next season....it's a big one!

I think Shez will be going for players he knows a bit about myself. Creature of habit that he is and all that.

Doug Livermore

Decent shout of him arriving. Depends how much interest there are for him. Shez likes him and wanted to keep him on so every chance he'll revisit this in the summer. Personally, he'd be a good catch. Pretty consistant and naturally left sided so gives us options.

Cant say i have heard of him!

How about moving lomax to rb signing Giddings on a free and gettin money for 'Eards and spend it else where

Guest oa_exile
Doug Livermore

Cant say i have heard of him!

Played for Norwich City late seventies / early eighties , was a Manager after (cant remember who :blink: )

Doug Livermore played for Norwich City late seventies / early eighties , was a Manager after (cant remember who :blink: )

Noticed that. I had wondered if Dave was his son, as it's not the most common name in the world. (I beleive Wong is, but am standing by to be corrected).

I see Huckerby may be getting released by Norwich. Not sure we could meet his wage demands but if Lids goes........

......hmm, on second thoughts maybe my sights are set a bit too high.

Patrik Berger anyone? :wink:

there was a post on here a while back saying we had a deal that fell through for huckerby in january...some sort of inside knowledge they claimed!

like you said i doubt we could afford him and i'd imagine there would be a few championship clubs interested! would be quality tho!

I see Huckerby may be getting released by Norwich. Not sure we could meet his wage demands but if Lids goes........

......hmm, on second thoughts maybe my sights are set a bit too high.

Patrik Berger anyone? :wink:

If the money could be found then he or Croft are the type of players we will need to get out of this division. We took a massive gamble on Ricketts which failed, and were reportedly interested in Berger and even though it never materialised it does show that the TTA have the ambition and the backing for the right players.

What I don't want to see is Sheridan dithering about with a week to go before the opener......let's get our targets in early and show we mean business!

I don't think the likes of Huckerby would represent too big a gamble and a major signing of that type could just be an extra boost to our season ticket sales.

Could it be that the reason for the lack of a Bradford/Huddersfield type season ticket offer means that we're looking at other ways to bring in the fans.....you never know!!!!

What I don't want to see is Sheridan dithering about with a week to go before the opener......let's get our targets in early and show we mean business!

Yep, get them in early.

To me we are alright bar a Keeper, left back and left winger.

Re-sign Gary Mac or replace with Jarrett.

Stam on pay as play

Get Smalley and the young lads under contract (is Lewis signed up yet - I've been on my holi-bobs?)

Schofield

Goodall/Cummings

Darren Randolph on loan from Charlton, Crossley as coach/cover.

We really don't need to change much at all.

Pay for most of this by getting rid of Liddell.

Did they play against QOS in the televised cup match ?

Aberdeen were shocking may-be they have paid the price of failure

Still they are proven Dirty Leeds will probaly sign them up :angry:

To be fair both defences looked shocking that day.

Everytime either side attacked you thought a goal was coming.

Wasnt Miller at Bristol City? And was a flop!?

To be fair both defences looked shocking that day.

Everytime either side attacked you thought a goal was coming.

Wasnt Miller at Bristol City? And was a flop!?

be great if we could get him,old fashioned attacking player whos not affraid to put the effort in,wages may be a problem.

From his appearance for Thaskin Town I liked Sam Williamson and feel he could be a good buy (can see him being availible for loan and i think we have some sort of agreement with City about this) he looked like the sort of player that although he is best at LB could play LM