Micah Richards

Today (whilst playing golf) I was told that Paul Scholes said last night that Micah Richards was to sign for United next Tuesday. I have tried to confirm this, with a few contacts with no joy so far.

In addition he also said Darren Fletcher was on edge of being sacked by United for playing in a friendly game for Scotland without Taggerts approval? :angry:

The only main thing was I tried to get odds today at William Hills with this possible move, to be told no bets we're being taken on United buying any players or Micah Richards leaving City, which I found peculiar. :o

My Paul Scholes contact is adament it's going to happen????????????????????????????????????

Watch this space. :grin::grin::grin:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today (whilst playing golf) I was told that Paul Scholes said last night that Micah Richards was to sign for United next Tuesday. I have tried to confirm this, with a few contacts with no joy so far.

In addition he also said Darren Fletcher was on edge of being sacked by United for playing in a friendly game for Scotland without Taggerts approval? :angry:

The only main thing was I tried to get odds today at William Hills with this possible move, to be told no bets we're being taken on United buying any players or Micah Richards leaving City, which I found peculiar. :o

My Paul Scholes contact is adament it's going to happen????????????????????????????????????

Watch this space. :grin::grin::grin:

transfer window is closed, and i cant see how anyone would know a deal will be struck in the future? surely once a deal is agreed it gets signed, then announced? and i cant see paul scholes discussing something of this nature over a game of golf

That really wouldn't be the cleverest move :lol:

Still, go ahead lad, we'll happily take the cash.

The thing with Fletcher was in the press a few weeks back. He got injured in the last minute of a "meaningless" friendly. This in turn enraged Taggart who believed he should have been brought off at half time. Still if the match had been a minute shorter I doubt we'd have heard a peep from him about the lad playing a full game.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Strangely enough, On Tuesday (Also whilst playing golf) one of my suppliers who is a sponsor at Old Trafford mentioned that "United will be a stronger team when we get Richards".

Obviously I laughed it off, but he insisted it was more likely than I thought - Now you've got me wondering.

transfer window means nothing other than when the player actually moves, are you telling me that managers, agents and chairmen only discuss deals for 4 months a year lol. micah to ot is more or less an open secret with red nev on his way out but with brown reportedly signing up this may reduce the likelyhood somewhat.

why does this thread have an angry face?

Isn’t the players agent allowed to talk to people any time? Also, if Micah’s contract is up in the summer (?) then he could negotiate and sign a pre contract now. I can see why the lad might be tempted, he’s not a Manc anyway so it wouldn’t be as big a deal for him as it might otherwise be. I have always thought he is most effective at CB though, and he would have a job to take the place of Vidic or Captain Spitroast on this season’s form. He’s a very good rightback but would he want to be there for the rest of his career?

Didn't Richards sign a new contract a few months back? I would imagine it would take quite a lot of money to sign him. I'm sure I read he was about to sign up for four or five years.

Oh, and Brown on the way out at United? Not according to the Beeb he isn't.

New Contracts at OT

KtF,

Derek.

I have serious doubts about this as it has just been announced that Brown has signed a new contract

Brown's not good enough to be their first choice player, Richards is. Brown was holding on for a pay rise to compensate him for sitting on a bench for half of the rest of his career rather than going to Newcastle ang getting to concede 3 goals every week.

ahh. thanks.

its not out of the question with city supposedly bringing back shaun wright phillips,so that would appease a few fans if richards left.

however i thought he would go to newcastle and join king kevs revolution.

at the end of the day i dont really care who signs him,as long as its a nice big fee and we get our 20%,or even 15% and sturridge!!!