Djeny Bembo-Leta

We should always hold out for a higher up-front fee when a player goes to one of the big boys but put in a higher sell-on clause when they go elsewhere.

You are right about the fee, £250k-500k is nothing for a prem club, they will be buying yoof players like this on a regular basis but to us that is a lot of money. We should have more clauses than a Santa convention too, sell ons, appearances, goals, international caps to cover us if the kid either makes it or doesn't. In an ideal world the kid would go to a Portsmouth or Birmingham where they would get the games and then get snapped up by a big fish netting us the sell on.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the Richards sell on clause is a fantastic one because I still feel that he will eventually decide that he wants to test himself at the highest level but there would have been absolutely no advantage in having a sell on clause for Irwin.

agree and Richards is heavily linked with arsenal plus hes a big arsenal fan so would be interesting to see what we get out of it, if he goes for 30mill then we would be in the money, we would definately have enough money to buy players to get us out of this league, plus give us financial stability for a couple of years, without even looking at other developments

agree and Richards is heavily linked with arsenal plus hes a big arsenal fan so would be interesting to see what we get out of it, if he goes for 30mill then we would be in the money, we would definately have enough money to buy players to get us out of this league, plus give us financial stability for a couple of years, without even looking at other developments

I strongly suspect Arsenal don't have £30 million to spend since the building of their new stadium and the debts that have come with it. I can't think Wenger would part with even half of that on a single player.

When these clubs get the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney to ring these kids up at home to tell them how good it is at their club it's a little hard for them to turn them down.

True that.

It was the United lads who really pushed their case to Rooney at Euro 2004. He was playing for his boyhood team. Didn't take much convincing in the end did he. Crying down the phone to Kenwright a few weeks later to let him leave.

I suspect it'd be even easier to convince lads from a lower level.

I strongly suspect Arsenal don't have £30 million to spend since the building of their new stadium and the debts that have come with it. I can't think Wenger would part with even half of that on a single player.

Just to say, slightly off topic but the publicly quoted figure that Arsenal have available to spend is £69m - wenger was asked about this and he said it was about right... one of the big reasons he has got so much stick is that he had about £30m to spend in jan, and didnt, and he has that added on again to spend in the summer....

We should have more clauses than a Santa convention too, sell ons, appearances, goals, international caps to cover us if the kid either makes it or doesn't.

Why the hell didn't Hardy get all of that into the Spencer deal? We would be laughing by now :angry: