Poul Hubertz

released (at end of season) by northampton, would he be worth a punt on a free? seemed to cause our defense a few problems with his height, could he be the target man we need? or is he just a big lump of lard?

thoughts please

Guest oa_exile
released (at end of season) by northampton, would he be worth a punt on a free? seemed to cause our defense a few problems with his height, could he be the target man we need? or is he just a big lump of lard?

thoughts please

Are you sure he is being released ? I know he only had a twelve month deal with the Cobblers but is it official he can leave ?

Good call though , big lad , 6 foot plus and scores goals.

Guest oa_exile
I think we could do worse than offer Holt a contract.

That is what I thought when i read he was not being offered a new contract :lol:

I don't want to see Hubertz at BP, saw him play plenty of times for Millwall, he's a big useless lump (maybe why Northampton have not offered him a new contract).

We can and must do much better than Hubertz if we are to mount a serious promotion challenge next season.

I don't want to see Hubertz at BP, saw him play plenty of times for Millwall, he's a big useless lump (maybe why Northampton have not offered him a new contract).

We can and must do much better than Hubertz if we are to mount a serious promotion challenge next season.

He has always caused us problems when he has played against us. Im a fan of akinfenwa too. Don't think they are better than what we have in hughes and davies tho.

Guest oa_exile

"He's a big useless lump" but his goals to appearances aint that bad :wink:

He is dirty ! and crap. Also hes the one who wound Kay up when he got sent off

"He's a big useless lump" but his goals to appearances aint that bad :wink:

His goals to games ratioo is better than I would have thought but the fact that Northampton are releasing him after just 1 season speaks volumes.

He is an awkward player, but his first touch is dire and I'm sure his height would only encourage any team to start playing hoof ball up to him all the time.

with a fit strikeforce of hughes/davies/alessandra/even smalley, and you could also look at wolfenden if he's here. its not as if we need to break the bank for another striker, we're only missing a target man, i dont imagine hubertz's wage demands to be too high. with 12 goals this season i think we should be looking at him, and spend higher wages on positions we need, like wingers and creative midfielders!

EDIT - just read on northmpton forums that he's requested to leave for a return to denmark...i still think its worth a go at tryin to persuade him to come here tho

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

He's a player who has been shifted around in Denmark, and it also seems like he's gonna be doing the same here. He's frankly useless. He's a player who sits on the bench for 70 minutes, then comes on if you're losing.

thats true...altho akinfenwa has been around a bit and id give him a chance.

thoughts please

big lump of lard who always caused us problems whenever he played against us :grin: Will go down on the list of payers who we bought on the grounds that they always played well against us and then were crap when they played here.

1. John Keeley

2 Ian Ormandroyd