Come on you Brewers!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Dale. Strong rumour is that he's gone and the new Albion manager will be announced tonight at 19:30. If you can get Radio Derby in Thailand they are having a special programme tonight from 7pm apparently.

Shame tonight's match is off as he deserves a massive thank you and send off from the fans.

Roy McFarland is to be announced as the new manager of the Brewers.

He has been appointed on a caretaker basis until the end of the season. He's been talking to the Chairman and Nigel during the past three days in peparation for if Nigel got the Derby job. Interesting to hear McFarland quoting Cloughie in his first interview, which I suspect Nigel won't do in his corresponding interview at Derby.

So, hopefully, there will be a smooth transition at Burton Albion towards finishing the job off in the second half of the season.

Billy Davis was on the radio this morning hoping Nigel got the Derby job. He was saying how suitable he is and that he is a good human being , which I suspect is unusual in the football world. Nigel's dad would be as proud of that comment as he would have been about his football achievements.

Thanks for all you've done Nigel. The Brewers' Chairman says the Club can never repay you. Good luck at Derby, you're going to need it.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

It's a loss not only to the football club but to the town of Burton. The club seem to have acted quickly to get in an experienced man to hopefully continue Nigel's good work on the pitch. I suspect Nigel's work off the pitch for good causes in the town will be harder to replace.

The timing could be a lot worse. Albion have a Trophy game and a Birmingham Senior Cup Tie which will give McFarland the chance to have a look at the whole squad before the next league game, which will hopefully break the Conference record for consecutive wins.

I'm obviously disappointed but I'd like to wish Nigel all the best. I'm sure that he'll always be welcome in the town and he'll certainly be remembered for everything that he's acheived with the Albion.

Let's hope that Roy Mc can finish the job. League football in Burton would be fantastic.

I wasn't really aware of all his charitable activities until today but you're right, Matt, he won't be an easy act to follow.

I'm sure that he'll always be welcome in the town and he'll certainly be remembered for everything that he's acheived with the Albion.

I wasn't really aware of all his charitable activities until today but you're right, Matt, he won't be an easy act to follow.

Part of the compensation package agreed with Derby is for the Rams to come to the Pirrelli Stadium for pre-season games, and Nigel is already looking forward to returning.......................if he's still in the job next July, because the turnover of Derby managers is pretty brisk - he's the 16th manager (including Roy McFarland) since his Dad. :D

Nigel never declined any invitation he received to do something in Burton. :applause1:

Wonder if he was considered for the Forest job?

The F.A. Cup-tie between Derby and Forest has been brought forward to Friday 23rd January, for TV coverage. In the white corner ex-Forest hero Nigel Clough, and in the red corner ex-Derby manager Billy Davis, with two sets of supporters who hate each other! I think this is one to make the effort to watch in The Dog pub. :violent111:

Captain vows to get promotion for Nigel:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/burtonmail-spo...e.asp?ID=378873

Roy McFarland:

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/burtonmail-spo...e.asp?ID=378871

DCFC official site:

http://www.dcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1510838,00.html

Derby County have still got tickets on sale for tonight’s Carling Cup semi-final - big club my arse!

Nigel under no illusions at Derby:

http://therams.co.uk/stories/nigel-under-no-illusions

I like the bit when he was asked if he was a fan of Derby, when he said “I think, as we were growing up, we supported the teams my dad managed. We drew the line at Leeds! Except for a brief period – but we’re pleased it was only brief!”

He’s taking Martin Taylor* with him…………………Clough and Taylor…..nah, it’d never work! :grin:

* Taylor is the goalkeeping coach - he’s also taking Gary Crosby as his Assistant and Andy Garner.

Roy McFarland's Brewers won on Saturday 3:0 against Salisbury in the F.A. Trophy.

Nigel Clough returns to the Pirelli Stadium on Monday 26th January, to receive his Blue Square Conference Manager of the Month award and say his farewells before the Barrow game (Little Shez) to be shown live on Setanta.

Back from a great day out in Hereford, marred only by what happened on the pitch, apart from the streaker :grin: and our Physio beating theirs in a sprint from the dugout to the far touchline :tongue1: . In spite of the Latics performance, I still have reason to celebrate this 9,000th post with the news that the Brewers have won their 12th consecutive league game to create a new Conference record.

Even during Forest's 42 game unbeaten run and Arsenal's similar unbeaten run, I don't think they had 12 league wins on the bounce - it's a phenomenal record at any level of football, and let's not forget they are only part-timers. :applause1::imnotworthy:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

• 2 weeks later...
Roy McFarland's Brewers won on Saturday 3:0 against Salisbury in the F.A. Trophy.

Nigel Clough returns to the Pirelli Stadium on Monday 26th January, to receive his Blue Square Conference Manager of the Month award and say his farewells before the Barrow game (Little Shez) to be shown live on Setanta.

Off to the match soon. A chance for you Setanta subscribers to see if Little Shez can end the Brewers' long unbeaten run.