Champions League Opinion Poll

martjs

ABU or ABT?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Anything but United or any British Team?

• ABU
    • ABT

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of Latics fans live in Oldham and have to put up with living in a town full of them red *****. They aint a rival to us? They (and city) pretty much steal most of our (and other local clubs- rochdale, stockport, bury) support meaning we are constantly in a stuggle to survive and gain new fans.

ABU!

Well said, agree with every word of that.

I love this assumption that to be a Latics fan you have to hate United - it simply aint true... for me United have never, ever, been a rival to us... they have always been out of our league - and yes I was there to see us beat em many years back... I dont know whether i have just lived away from manchester and surrounding areas too long... but for me, if we aint gonna win everything, and we never will, I want United to stuff the bobbins out of everyone in the league, cups, and especially europe... they are the best team I have ever seen in my lifetime, and they are northern, and most importantly... they aint liverpool...

I hope united romp this european cup, and the league - they deserve it, they are simply awesome, and an absolutle pleasure to watch - for me, they are one of the few things that make the premiership worth watching...

... but to be honest as Long as liverpool dont win squat, then i will be happy... "Oooooooh who put the ball in the scoucers net - super Janne Riise!"

.. sorry Jonny, hope your boys take a beating tomorrow night and United make it an all England final - that would make me happy, and if they have to stuf liverpool in the final - it would make it all the sweeter...

scum, scum, scum - wrong messageboard - you should get on - youareanirrelevantsupporterfromlondon.com

I love this assumption that to be a Latics fan you have to hate United - it simply aint true... for me United have never, ever, been a rival to us... they have always been out of our league - and yes I was there to see us beat em many years back... I dont know whether i have just lived away from manchester and surrounding areas too long... but for me, if we aint gonna win everything, and we never will, I want United to stuff the bobbins out of everyone in the league, cups, and especially europe... they are the best team I have ever seen in my lifetime, and they are northern, and most importantly... they aint liverpool...

I hope united romp this european cup, and the league - they deserve it, they are simply awesome, and an absolutle pleasure to watch - for me, they are one of the few things that make the premiership worth watching...

... but to be honest as Long as liverpool dont win squat, then i will be happy... "Oooooooh who put the ball in the scoucers net - super Janne Riise!"

.. sorry Jonny, hope your boys take a beating tomorrow night and United make it an all England final - that would make me happy, and if they have to stuf liverpool in the final - it would make it all the sweeter...

good point, well made

Mentioned it before but my time at school was blighted by us being terrible and them winning trophy after trophy. Near relegation in 99 and they win the treble and City go up at Wembley. Happy days eh.

Not to mention the genuine United supporting ref in the 90 semi final. "No that didn't cross the line". Hmm.

Then the obvious other one.

Some saying they aren't a rival. And?

Teams don't have to be a rival for someone not to like them. I'm none too keen on Newcastle of late. Hardly a rival either are they.

My god......I thank you for writing everything I wanted to but don't need to now!!! What a superb post....I'm actually astounded at the closeness of the first 40 votes on this topic!!! But some of our lot do astound me from time to time!!! (NB: Don't bother replying to that saying it's a ######, higher moral, superfan stance coz I really don't give a ######!!!)

The Red Scum are pure filth...they stole our greatest moments....twice!!! They put PLC on their badge....they cheat, they point at others and call them for the things they've always done themselves. I actually feel these days that they've become more liked by some due to Arsenal and Chelski becoming more disliked for their arrogance and in Chelski's terms...the spraying around of more money than you can shake a stick at. So many forgetting who turned a sport into a business and began the divide in the leagues with their brand making of a team!!! Right back from the days of the Busby Babes and the milking of the Munich Air Disaster. Those who died must be turning in their graves at how it's been marketed over the years!!!

So much more that could be said....singing Argentina songs, Anti-England songs and stuff about "That boy Ronaldo makes England look ######" etc.....so, so, so much more but no point.....

Scum!!! I'm ABU and proud!!!

Between you and Leyland Latic you have managed to put your finger on just a fraction of the reasons to hate the scum! OT is the Pandoras box of British football - it contains all the worst ills of the game (Most of it through sheer greed), and encapsulates the chief reason why football is in the state it is, and why us smaller teams are struggling to survive.

MU would be delighted if we went to the wall - all it would mean to them is an opportunity to gain some more support / cash from supporters with no-one else to watch.

They should never be forgiven for their arrogance in 1990 and 1994 when they were outplayed but received amazing luck from linesmen in both games, and still said they deserved to be in the FA cup final. Those occasions cost us the best opportunity we've had of competing financially with the bigger teams and ultimately put us in the precarious position we saw ourselves in 5 years ago.

Hate doesn't come close!

Totally agree. Whatever happened to ABFL? I absolutely despise Liverpool, so the best thing for me is that they get to the final and get caned on the world stage by a real football team. If that's Man Utd, so what?

It is a complex one, of the English teams in the CL I wanted Arsenal to win it simply because they play football how I like to see it played. I can't stand Chelsea because they have tried to buy success and all the overnight Chelsea fans who claim to have been there, standing at the Shep End (sic).

I am a confirmed ABU, even though I like the way they play football too, even if they were 5 nil up they would go for 6 however I can not stand them but am torn whether I want them to get knocked out early or late. If they get knocked out late then it has dashed the hopes of all the fans who thought they would do it which is much sweeter!

Can't stand the Scousers either although I do want them to beat Chelsea and actually want them to win the whole thing as it will sort out the mess that is the American owners fannying around with them. If Rafa does win it it will be a big 2 fingers up at Gilette and Hicks and hopefully they will eff off back to the States and off every sports news and paper. PLus it will mean they have knocked Chelsea out.

I cant stand anything about that club business. Who cares if they play good football. They are at the forefront of everything that is bad about football. I know Chelsea and Liverpool are not different, but at least if they win it it will p**s united fans off.

ABU!

This. So much this.

I suppose i'm an ABU since i really don't want United to win it but i couldn't care less otherwise. Since I quite like Barcelona (they are probably my favourite non-British team) for the fact that I like the Catalan politics, I like how the fans own the club (as opposed to some rich bloke from outside the country) and I really really like how they could have almost any sponsor in the world but have UNICEF on their shirts instead of some big MNC, plus I'm not sure their kit manufacturer gets a lot of a look in. Liverpool and Chelsea I used to like when i was little but ever since the turn of the Millenium I've started gradually liking them less and less. They are both owned by rich blokes from oversees (who i don't think are the most moral of people), both have huge support from outside their respective areas (something I despise in football) and frankly most of their fans are whining 'throwers' who couldn't tell you the first insightful thing about life outside the 'big four' if it came up and hit them on the head. As to United I'm an Oldham fan ffs they are responsible for some of the worst moments of our existence (nearly all Man U fans forget that Fergie had to win the FA cup to guarantee to stay in a job). All the stuff i said about Liverpool and Chelsea applies double to them. Plus after they were knocked out by the better team (Bayern Munchen) some years ago I turned up for a school PE session with a Bayern Munchen shirt on to celebrate this only to be frankly abused by the Man U supporting teacher (who fair play to him is related to someone who played in the 68 european cup final) for not supporting a British club in Europe.

However I'm British and I want the 'British' teams to do well but since we are guaranteed an English club in the final, 4 English clubs reached the quarters, 3 are in the semis and the 2 Scottish clubs had a good showing too I'm happy enough that the British teams have done well. If one of the clubs left was from outside the top four I'd be much more inclined to give them my support but as it is I'm not sure i care all that much.

See the thing is I don't hate ManUre as such, I just hate Taggart and 98% of their support. I actually love watching the attacking football thay play same as I do Arsenal.

Trouble is if they win, it will be unbearable at work.

Any British club for me basically.

Ok, you make some fair points BUT then you say you hate Liverpool - explain that one please. And who has made the assumption that you have to hate United if you are Latics fan?

Were you sat in the middle of their scummy fans at Maine Road (3 times) and even Wembley after Latics sold tickets to anyone for those semi-finals? Ironically, my brother-in-law took me to OT a few times in the 1970s and 1980s and it was a great experience. No prawn sandwich brigade then I can tell you. But after our first semi-final against them that was my turning point.

I read a few other posts that say they don't hate the club but hate Taggart and their fans and that's were I feel. But ultimately <reaches for Corporal pen> teams like United will be the death knell of English football. They and their greedy fans want to buy all the best players so they can pummel the other teams every week. Exciting that aint it?

I'll support Barcelona tonight as I visited their ground once and bought a couple of their shirts. Most plastic United fans could only claim the latter.

This poll was intended as a bit of fun but it's surprising how the bait draws them in on Chumps (sic) League evenings...

I look forward to your defence of your Liverpool hatred. Let's see, they were a dominating force in England and Europe in the 1970s... Bought all the best players at the time, er... They are northern... Nah, that can't be it.

Mr Smith I couldnt have put it any better.... and for those who were sat amongst their fans at wembley remember the classic quote of .....

Were the Torquay braaanch of the man uniterrd supporters club'

us 'whats wrong with Torquay Utd?'

Them ' Ha ha well there shioite why support them'

Glory hunting carrot crunchers...... Come on Barca

I can't believe anyone can bring themselves to support United in anyway, they make me physically sick. They're exactly what's wrong with football and their fans are completely ignorant to it all and have some ridiculous idea that the whole footballing world revolves around them. The amount of clowns who think they're massive fans because they never miss a televised game, bunch of nobs. Even worse are those that started the FCUM bull****, who made there own team and compared what happened to them to what happened to Wimbledon. It isn't close you self righteous morons! An American took over and made you better than you possibly ever have been, wimbledon fans had their team stolen from them ffs, how is that the same?! If they were playing against a team comprised of Hitler and his mates, there STILL wouldn't be any contest for who I was supporting!!!

:rant.sml:

Don't think I could ever put it any better than that - I never never never never never never never never want the scum to win! Im ABUOA Anyone but united or Arsenal - Mainly because its morally wrong for an English team to have no Englishmen in it (or one now and again) and i don't care how pretty the football is you can keep it wenger you pillock - Rant over!

I feel United are in such a different universe to ourselves that it's not worth expending the energy on hating them anymore. Plus, they're not bad to watch.

Saying all that - if I had explosives strapped to myself back on that terrible day in 1994 I would have quite gladly taken myself out along with dozens of those horrible gloating glory hunting C****'s I got stuck amongst on Wembley Way.

It really doesnt matter to me one jot who wins the CL. None of the clubs have any relevance to me - I've too much bad history with Utd and their fans, the scouse fans are feral and often obnoxious, the Chelsea lot are everything that's bad about modern football and as for the second best team from Catalonia - who cares?

I'll support whoever I happen to have money on.