Champions League Opinion Poll

martjs

ABU or ABT?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Anything but United or any British Team?

• ABU
    • ABT

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through a spell of forcing myself to support any English team in Europe, along the lines that I would always support a Lancastrian team against other English ones, but I just couldn't keep it up as my general levels of hatred and contempt for pretty much all none Oldham clubs increased. I would rather see Utd win it than Chelsea, because their fans are either the utter tossers from back in the day when there were 179,449 of them in the Shed every week, or the new glory hunters who don't believe that they were ever in the second division, never mind that we whupped them in the Premiership. Liverpool fans sum up everything that is wrong about their city, they wallow in self pity yet only last year they carried in exactly the same way that caused the deaths at Hillsbrough. Arsenal are so drenched in arrogance that I don't care what their football is like. I'd like to see Barca win, their fans are a friendly bunch in my experience, especially if you are wearing a Celtic shirt, failing them it would have to be Man U. I don't really care that much any way. As for hating United, I think I just expended too much loathing on Man City to have enough left to full detest the other lot.

Surpised anyone supports british teams in europe I mean they are British in name alone in terms of their ownership, star players and the majority of their fans they are global brands. maybe in years gone by when football didn't have its hype and you would see atleast 80% of these teams players who had british decent I might want them to win. i had abit of an arguement about this with a liverpool fan back just before the 2005 cl final. I just don't think they are my players or my team or that they are playing for me so im in the CGAF category.

Surpised anyone supports british teams in europe I mean they are British in name alone in terms of their ownership, star players and the majority of their fans they are global brands. maybe in years gone by when football didn't have its hype and you would see atleast 80% of these teams players who had british decent I might want them to win. i had abit of an arguement about this with a liverpool fan back just before the 2005 cl final. I just don't think they are my players or my team or that they are playing for me so im in the CGAF category.

British maybe, but the Liverpool team of the 1980s didn't have many English players, it depends how far you want to go into it.

Ok, you make some fair points BUT then you say you hate Liverpool - explain that one please. And who has made the assumption that you have to hate United if you are Latics fan?

:lol:

Well, for a start you are posting on a thread that has only the option to support any british team or hate United - Sort of gives you a hint as to whay I said that? Dy'a think???

Do you really want me to spool off again on why i hate liverpool, the bin-dipping, stealing, scummy, egotistical, deluded, abnoxious, self-absorbed, arrogant, Manchester hating, pathetic, Chav-looking, fake-tanned, perma-permed, stupid-accented, vile, moronic, club.... tell you what I wont bother, as it will take me far too long... :wink:

I have no time for plastic fans either, but trust me there are just as many fake scoucers in the country too... however I still have never, ever seen a Man Utd fan be as deluded or abnoxious as the Liverpool masses after their European cup win... before that moment I was pretty indifferent to Man Utd... then when Liverpool seemed to dedicate that trophy to the sole reason of being better than Utd (If you listened to radio 5 that night, there was not a single caller that rang and didnt say "we are the best team in the world, sod off Man Utd") - it made me want United to constantly show them what they are - the 4th best team in England, never mind europe (mind you - its pretty much the same thing these days!)...

:lol:

Well, for a start you are posting on a thread that has only the option to support any british team or hate United - Sort of gives you a hint as to whay I said that? Dy'a think???

:grin:

Ok, there weren't enough options in the poll. I suppose I need to propose many more choices next time: ABL?, ABC?, ABB? there ya go. It was my first attempt at a poll - note to self: must do better next time... :wink:

Do you really want me to spool off again on why i hate liverpool, the bin-dipping, stealing, scummy, egotistical, deluded, abnoxious, self-absorbed, arrogant, Manchester hating, pathetic, Chav-looking, fake-tanned, perma-permed, stupid-accented, vile, moronic, club.... tell you what I wont bother, as it will take me far too long... :wink:

Substitute Liverpool for Man Utd (Oh, and "Manchester" for "Liverpool" in the second line) and we concur. You surprised me here as I can think of 2 huge reasons for hating Liverpool but you didn't list them.

I have no time for plastic fans either, but trust me there are just as many fake scoucers in the country too... however I still have never, ever seen a Man Utd fan be as deluded or abnoxious as the Liverpool masses after their European cup win... before that moment I was pretty indifferent to Man Utd... then when Liverpool seemed to dedicate that trophy to the sole reason of being better than Utd (If you listened to radio 5 that night, there was not a single caller that rang and didnt say "we are the best team in the world, sod off Man Utd") - it made me want United to constantly show them what they are - the 4th best team in England, never mind europe (mind you - its pretty much the same thing these days!)...

Did you happen to bump into any Man Utd fans after they won the treble in 1999?

I've been to Old Trafford and Anfield many times as an away fan watching Latics and I know which fans were more magnanimous in victory. But could you say that about the scummers at Maine Road and Wembley in the FA Cup semi-finals. The twats even booed Latics off the pitch at Wembley. I know there's banter between fans etc but that wasn't really in the spirit of the FA cup was it? And some Latics fans can't stomach to chant "Hughesy" for ANY Latics player named Hughes after that day... Oh.

At the same time Andy Barlow gifted them the 3 points at Anfield, Man Utd came back from 3-0 down to draw 3-3 against Sheff Wed (I think). As we were leaving Anfield some Liverpool fans were saying they (Man Utd) deserved the title with a comeback like that. Can you imagine hearing that conversation the other way round? Hmm... Thought not!

I've been to Old Trafford and Anfield many times as an away fan watching Latics and I know which fans were more magnanimous in victory. But could you say that about the scummers at Maine Road and Wembley in the FA Cup semi-finals. The twats even booed Latics off the pitch at Wembley. I know there's banter between fans etc but that wasn't really in the spirit of the FA cup was it? And some Latics fans can't stomach to chant "Hughesy" for ANY Latics player named Hughes after that day... Oh.

Yeah, but the crucial difference is - Man U were the best team in this country and in Europe. Liverpool are a Joke. I'm sorry but I was just brought up to hate Liverpool and love manchester - that loyalty means that if it came down to it, I would rather see any liverpool, or liverpool area team (Liverpool, Everton or Tranmere) burn in hell and any manchester area team (Us, City, United, Rochdale - whoever) win everything on offer...

For me its as clear as England/Scotland... or whatever. I just hate the place!

I have no problem with arrogance in victory when you know you are the best... but I have never ever seen such self delusion and damn right arrogant hiddeousness then what comes out of a Liverpool fans mouth - and that is all the time. I have never ever seen a group of people be so proud of such a terrible area of the world, and so deluded as to how great they are - and as is mentioned further up, with the hillsboro/cup final thread - they claim they are so hard done to but they would stamp on their own grandma to get one up on anyone else...

.. if I had to be stranded on a desert island with an arrogant Unt fan or an arrogand Scoucer, I would pick the Utd fan every time... just because at least they have every right to be...

Yeah, but the crucial difference is - Man U were the best team in this country and in Europe. Liverpool are a Joke. I'm sorry but I was just brought up to hate Liverpool and love manchester - that loyalty means that if it came down to it, I would rather see any liverpool, or liverpool area team (Liverpool, Everton or Tranmere) burn in hell and any manchester area team (Us, City, United, Rochdale - whoever) win everything on offer...

For me its as clear as England/Scotland... or whatever. I just hate the place!

I have no problem with arrogance in victory when you know you are the best... but I have never ever seen such self delusion and damn right arrogant hiddeousness then what comes out of a Liverpool fans mouth - and that is all the time. I have never ever seen a group of people be so proud of such a terrible area of the world, and so deluded as to how great they are - and as is mentioned further up, with the hillsboro/cup final thread - they claim they are so hard done to but they would stamp on their own grandma to get one up on anyone else...

.. if I had to be stranded on a desert island with an arrogant Unt fan or an arrogand Scoucer, I would pick the Utd fan every time... just because at least they have every right to be...

Fair enough, but I think one of the big differences is I grew up hating Manchester. Oldham was in Lancashire when I was born and it still is to me - despite Thatcher inventing the GMC (and GLC, haha). We used to sing "We're not part of Manchester" at Latics, not sure if it's still sang there.

Liverpool's arrogance stems from their domination of English (and to an extent European) football in the 70s and, as you say, United now have the "right" to do the same. So we might have to wait until United are ###### again or are 4th best team in that "not at all interesting" mini-league at the top of the Prem to make a judgement on unjustified arrogance.

To summarise, I'm probably more bitter and twisted about the Manchester clubs than you, although I can just about bear City at times... My excuse for this is 5 brothers-in-law who are United fans and with their kids it's growing!

ABU - Cant stand their fans. The amount of mates I've got who wear United shirts and pretend to be massive fans, yet in reality I have seen the red :censored: play more times than most of them put together. And the ones who do go sing of how Ronaldo made England look ...... And I still dont understand that song.

I hate the manager, the players and the fans and the whole club. How on earth anyone can play Park Ji Sung in a champions league semi-final is beyond me, but thats what united are all about, marketing first football second.

Have you heard Taggart's new rules for awarding a penalty against the red sox, as made up, sorry clearly outlined after Saturdays ridiculous award against his divine righters.

It goes like this: -

1) It can only be a penalty if your hand is above your head (only applies if younited are defending - see Gallas of Arsenal 2 weeks earlier)

2) It cannot be a penalty if the ball is going direct to a United player (In this case it was Ferdinand or Brown - depending on whether the interview he gave was with the written press or Sky TV)

3) The linesman cannot give a penalty, it has to be the referee.

So according to Taggart, the divine righters are hard done to by referees. pmsl

Nine penalties awarded to them this season and Saturday was the 1st against them. Remember also the one given to them at OT this season in Grants 1st game in charge. What were those rules? If your foot is within 6 inches of Rooney / Greasy winker / dummy sucker it is a clear indisputable spot kick.

And what has happened to the charges against Taggart and Queeroz. No fast tracking that one then. Hmm

Is it any wonder they are not liked?

So yes I am quite clearly an ABU. Forca Barca, come on you scoucers or if all else fails Come on you blues. :grin:

Cheers,

Harry

Guest sheridans_world

Reading the above, I still hate united fans/management/players. Damn they can play a decent game of football though. I watch the United games because they are entertaining but I hate the club.

Similar to Bigfins list above about Liverpool(which I also agree with) United are an arrogant, self-centered and money grabbing club. Which is why I only watch it for the football, but love to watch the lose. The only reason I have a bit of a soft spot for Liverpool is because they are not going to win anything for the forseeable future(given off-field antics) and everyone likes an underdog :). As for the rest of the Manc clubs (Rochdale, Bury, City, Stockport, Macclesfield (just)) I like to see them all do well. I'd like nothing more than for us to have to play them all, mainly because the away-days will be damned easy to get to and there would be such a large following! (Plus we need to get rid of some of those damn south coast games! (Sorry Exiles))

I want Utd to win (cant believe i just typed that) purely for Scholesy, if he gets a winners medal he'll have done it all and can come to BP without any regrets . As long as its a good game im not all that mythered..... I'd like to think im not so bitter/shallow to hate anyone that much. Lifes too short.

Edited by BlueJazzer

I want Utd to win (cant believe i just typed that) purely for Scholesy, if he gets a winners medal he'll have done it all and can come to BP without any regrets . As long as its a good game im not all that mythered..... I'd like to think im not so bitter/shallow to hate anyone that much. Lifes too short.

Hold on one second....it's alright for you to throw in "bitter" or "shallow" to label some of us who do give a ###### about scum like those ######ers ruining football. In the interest of balance, I'll reword your sentence so it suits my purpose...

"I'd like to think im not so immoral"....