Happy St. George's Day

I disagree....

If more people dont air there disapproval we might end up with a national holiday!!

Sod that, theres money to be earnt!!!

(by the way I own my own company and a national holday = no revenue = unhappy me)

Also Englands a ###### hole and a shadow of its former self and I dont see anything worth celebrtating to be frank...

If thats what you think of this country,you know where the nearest Airport is,why live in a ###### hole.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree....

If more people dont air there disapproval we might end up with a national holiday!!

(by the way I own my own company and a national holday = no revenue = unhappy me)

Also Englands a ###### hole and a shadow of its former self and I dont see anything worth celebrtating to be frank...

When I saw that you own your own company I was about to send you a begging "gizzajob" e'mail 'coz I'm currently in a crap job, but I don't think I want to work for you after all now you moaning git.

When I saw that you own your own company I was about to send you a begging "gizzajob" e'mail 'coz I'm currently in a crap job, but I don't think I want to work for you after all now you moaning git.

Its ok, i doubt you are educated to a high enough standard to work for us anyway :lol:

Its ok, i doubt you are educated to a high enough standard to work for us anyway :lol:

You're probably right with that assumption, but what are you basing you judgement of my education on? Not being ashamed of being English doesn't make my education poor..............does it?

you really are a self righteous patronising prick arent you.

i really cant abide people who constantly belittle and whinge about there country of origin and the day to celebrate.

lets hope the government give us another 4 or 5 bank holidays then you will be more out of pocket.

I disagree....

Guess when it became a ######??? When people like YOU stopped caring about it!!!

you really are a self righteous patronising prick arent you.

Yes....I am :lol:

i really cant abide people who constantly belittle and whinge about there country of origin and the day to celebrate.

It good job I dont constantly do it then :lol:

lets hope the government give us another 4 or 5 bank holidays then you will be more out of pocket.

Its funny how some people want us to become more like France :lol:

Your very funnny edhunter....:D

Edited by oafc0000

Wow, a remarkable turn into an almost offensive thread.

England is a hole? When did this happen? When you went on your holibobs to the arseend of Spain and proclaimed it better? We might not have the best of weather, but we have an absolutely great Country. Take away temporary politics, which is probably what you are on about, and look at the place, its history and the liberty you have here and you'll realise there isn't much better in the World.

Wow, a remarkable turn into an almost offensive thread.

England is a hole? When did this happen? When you went on your holibobs to the arseend of Spain and proclaimed it better? We might not have the best of weather, but we have an absolutely great Country. Take away temporary politics, which is probably what you are on about, and look at the place, its history and the liberty you have here and you'll realise there isn't much better in the World.

I know your right, I was pulling peoples leg a little about the state of the country, its not that bad, its just a shame people like Edhunter have the temperment of a daranged bull :P

I do however feel we dont need more public holidays....

Edited by oafc0000

I know your right, I was pulling peoples leg a little about the state of the country, its not that bad, its just a shame people like Edhunter have the temperment of a daranged bull :P

I do however feel we dont need more public holidays....

You dug yourself into that hole...

Just out of curiosity...what is your company?

How very dare you! Not being interested in a Turkish Soldier in the Roman army who never set foot in this country and is known as he refused to obey orders and was killed because of it. And some made up rubbish about dragons. It's just so very English.

what the dragons are'nt real,please tell me father xmas is real?

Just out of curiosity...what is your company?

What does it matter....

I prefare to remain annoymous on here....once to often I have been "invited" for a "friendly" drink in the clayton (before it went)...:lol:

Edited by oafc0000

Anyway, to interupt. why celebrate St. George. Wasn't he Turkish or Lebanese or such like. And what's that rubbish about a dragon I think we should switch to St. Bede!!! Oh, and for the record i think it's great round here. When i wake up I have a fantastic view of mountains and sea...oh, sorry, i live in Wales!!

Anyway, to interupt. why celebrate St. George. Wasn't he Turkish or Lebanese or such like. And what's that rubbish about a dragon I think we should switch to St. Bede!!! Oh, and for the record i think it's great round here. When i wake up I have a fantastic view of mountains and sea...oh, sorry, i live in Wales!!

you obviously havent read the full thread. i suggest you do before sticking your nose in. wales is one of the last places i would like to live.

oaf0000, im not askin you to tell me your company name...just your area of expertise.

Come on children, calm down.

Personally I dont see why it should be a public holiday, especially as the fact that the majority of the English cant even remember the date of St Georges day.

I still celebrate it every year though. Even managed to get Swing Low and God Save the Queen on full blast in the local last night :lol:

you obviously havent read the full thread. i suggest you do before sticking your nose in. wales is one of the last places i would like to live.

oaf0000, im not askin you to tell me your company name...just your area of expertise.

Consultancy for companies implementing Web / Windows Enterprise level applications / technologies....

He wasn't Turkish or Lebanese....he was around before those countries were even thought of. He was apparently born in that area (if he even existed at all) and was a crusader I believe. There's loads on the Internet about him if you're really interested.

People get too hung up on where St George supposedly hailed from. I suspect the reason he was chosen as our Saint was not because of where he was from, but because to the people of the time he signified bravery and courage and was a good christian....which at the time was probably how the good people of this country thought a person should be....hundreds of years down the line and things have changed....we don't applaud people who slaughter and crusade about any more, and nor should we.

Each of us have our own ideas about what signifies Englishness - St George and the English flag to me are nothing more than symbols. Mr. George himself and what he did or didn't do, and where he came from is totally irrelevant. St George's day for me is simply a celebration of England and its people.

Take a look at most Patron Saints and you will see they rarely hail from the countries they...erm..serve (?). They nearly all have daft myths attached to them - does anyone really believe St Patrick banished the snakes from Ireland ?? Do the Irish go on about St Patrick actually not being Irish - apparently he was a Roman-Briton. Why do we English have to go on about it ?

This is a great country we live in. By no means perfect, but that's the world we live in.

Was great to see the flags up in Royton yesterday - made me very proud! Believe Hollinwood had flags up as well. Anywhere else ?