How long will we have a 3 sided ground?

singe

How long will we have a 3 sided ground?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How long before the sevelopment starts?

• REdeveopment will start straight away, have no fear
    • Within a few months, not worried
    • It will start next season
    • It will start at the end of next season
    • 1-2 years
    • 3 years plus
    • After I marry the pie girl and start making babies!
    • Not in my lifetime

Why is there no specific option for 'January/February 2009', like TTa have suggested?

I started the poll. I am not sceptical, I just think it is inevitable the deadlines will move with the current credit crunch.

The latest I saw was that it would not be started until a developer signed up. So not certain.

I haven't seen th quute Jan-Feb, so I didn't put it in.

For the record I have 100% faith in the TTA, but am mindful of the events out of the TTA control. It would be madness in the current economic climate to assume anything is cast iron, particularly in property which is seemingly hardest hit.

Edited by singe

im not going to get into the "will they/wont they debate on whether they will build the stand and if o when they will build it, but if we are talking about running costs, why not just close the stand, yet leave it standing. no maintenance costs, it could be just left there to rot until it comes down. also no running costs, because it would just be left there to rot.

IMHO they are pulling it down in preperation for redevelopment which will commence at the earliest possible stage, which will turn out to be Jan/feb

Just another question, what do you think "preperation has already begun for demolition" means? sure it says summat like that on the official, think its under the farewell to fans favourite thread.

no definite start date for building of new stand says simon blitz in chairmans message in yesterday's match programe. "Many issues need to be resolved but nothing will consume more of our time than this" He also says "We won't be here forever but when we leave it will be in a much stronger psition than when we arrived" ( the club not the stand that is)

as regards the number of properties being scaled back, the 650 took into account only appartments. the new figure of 350 takes into account 3 and 4 bedroom homes. it doesnt take a genious to work out the average price of an appartment is around £80,000-100,000, while a 4 bedroom home will go for £170,000-£200,000, meaning the number of units has changed, but the final income from all the units added together is probably not that far off.

im assuming you have never tried to buy or sell an apartment based on those ridiculous quotes you mention,. ludicrous springs to mind. there will be a shortfall on the scaled back plans without question. :angry:

im assuming you have never tried to buy or sell an apartment based on those ridiculous quotes you mention,. ludicrous springs to mind. there will be a shortfall on the scaled back plans without question. :angry:

Blimey. Where can you get a new apartment for much less than 80k?? Please tell me.....id like one, sorry, some.

Blimey. Where can you get a new apartment for much less than 80k?? Please tell me.....id like one, sorry, some.

croatia probably.....

one reason they cant leave it up and empty could be something to do with the safety certificate,if the stand isnt maintained and just left to rot until ready to move on it could be construed that bits may drop off and hit ball boys or something,as you would need to have someone in there to retrieve the ball.

my personal take on it is this,they will demolish it asap,flatten the ground and put up hoardings etc,then it will stay like that until the property and land markets increase,a development of this scale and size would see a huge fluctuation in prices,and all concerned may decide to wait for it to improve,of course if the council had pulled its finger out in the first place and not held things up by 12 months things may well have been different,the stand could already be down and groundworks started.

i have every faith that it will be built,just not next year.

Guest oa_exile
Is there a male equivalent of the pie girl for the ladies or would we have to get jiggy with her too? :D

:shock: Shocking , no room for smut on this MB :shock:

:grin:

Guest oa_exile
I do apologise. I must have misinterepted the intentions of other messages on the MB! :D

I'll try not to be such a bad girl in future. B)

lol :laught16:

:naughty: Dont try , Exile likes a "Bad Girl" :)

thats my point, you cant not round shaw, royton or most other palces so thats why the figures just wont add up for the tta's initial plans. im assuming they will be looking to do something similar to the baldwins close estate in royton and i have just sold an apartment on their for over 140,000 and its just 2 rooms, the houses on there have actually sold for cheaper in a couple of cases, so financially the figures wont add up now they have palns for houses instead of the 600 and odd luxury apartments.

thats my point, you cant not round shaw, royton or most other palces so thats why the figures just wont add up for the tta's initial plans. im assuming they will be looking to do something similar to the baldwins close estate in royton and i have just sold an apartment on their for over 140,000 and its just 2 rooms, the houses on there have actually sold for cheaper in a couple of cases, so financially the figures wont add up now they have palns for houses instead of the 600 and odd luxury apartments.

shocking spelling, my apologies :wink:

Fair enough. I had considered that but it was you saying "have you ever tried to buy or SELL" which made me think you deemed them high....you would have no doubt managed to sell you apartment for 80k! :wink:

Also the use of the term 'ludicrous', I thought, confirmed my suspicion....things are usually ludicrously expensive as opposed to ludicrously cheap.

That aside though im sure the people involved have a fairly accurate idea of the potential revenue/profit to be generated.

Fair enough. I had considered that but it was you saying "have you ever tried to buy or SELL" which made me think you deemed them high....you would have no doubt managed to sell you apartment for 80k! :wink:

Also the use of the term 'ludicrous', I thought, confirmed my suspicion....things are usually ludicrously expensive as opposed to ludicrously cheap.

That aside though im sure the people involved have a fairly accurate idea of the potential revenue/profit to be generated.

my fault, didnt make myself clear. i used the word ludicrous in context of a previous poster saying that the apartments that were slated to be built would only sell for 80,000-100,000 and he made the point that the fact that more houses were now being considered would actually fetch more money. he may well end up being correct , it is just my experience that a house will not always sell for more than an apartment. thats that cleared up!! :D