Fans on pitch

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will some mindless people realize that we cannot afford to be fined for their idiotic runs onto the field every season... Apparently mainly kids this time but surely their parents should tell them to stay off!!

Alessandra scored late on, and all the fans from the Chaddy ran on the pitch, was so funny, the guy on the tannoy said 'Please can you get off the pitch', like they were in any rule abiding mood!

When will some mindless people realize that we cannot afford to be fined for their idiotic runs onto the field every season... Apparently mainly kids this time but surely their parents should tell them to stay off!!

Put it this way, if we were in a playoff position I'd be bloody fuming that some mindless fans would do that and hinder our position with a possible points deduction, or the ref could have abandoned the game giving Cheltenham the win.

I'm not a killjoy, after the match - no problem....during the match is a no no.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Put it this way, if we were in a playoff position I'd be bloody fuming that some mindless fans would do that and hinder our position with a possible points deduction, or the ref could have abandoned the game giving Cheltenham the win.

I'm not a killjoy, after the match - no problem....during the match is a no no.

totally agree.

what parents, i saw so many kids wandering around on their own, dunno if it was a schools thing and god knows where the adult supervision was. :huh:

After full time is fine in my eyes. the club warn about going on the pitch at full time, but everyone knows its going to happen and as long as the club make that announcement and have stewards in place they have done what is required of them and wont get fined.

a pitch invasion at full time is tradition, and although i have never done it myself, I dont see the harm in doing it. but to do it during a game is scandelous.

Makes me laugh how the stewards do their military style routine after every game incase of a pitch invasion. Then on the last home game of the season (notorious for pitch invasions) they had no idea what to do, some were even helping kids onto the pitch!

No point in the invasion today but it was always going to happen. Just hope the FA don't fine us.

Just hope the FA don't fine us.

Won't be long till they do. How many warnings have we had? To do it when there is still time to play too might mean we get in some bother.

We haven't really done anything to warrant fans on the pitch.

Most pointless thing :unsure:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Won't be long till they do. How many warnings have we had? To do it when there is still time to play too might mean we get in some bother.

We haven't really done anything to warrant fans on the pitch.

Most pointless thing :unsure:

The FA set the precident when they let Leeds get away with it, when they tried to get the game abandoned.

To be honest I thought the final whistle had gone when we scored the second. I was stood behind my mate and couldn't see a thing. Then all of a sudden everyone runs on ... Garlic Bread? I was a little confused seeing as I didn't hear the whistle. The stewards weren't happy though. I had some old guy talking to me about it was easier a few years back... "Mate no offence but I wanna get on the pitch". Eventually I got my place and after the whistle it was bloody brilliant.

Just to note though, the Pitch is abit like Vietnam...

To be honest I thought the final whistle had gone when we scored the second. I was stood behind my mate and couldn't see a thing. Then all of a sudden everyone runs on ... Garlic Bread? I was a little confused seeing as I didn't hear the whistle. The stewards weren't happy though. I had some old guy talking to me about it was easier a few years back... "Mate no offence but I wanna get on the pitch". Eventually I got my place and after the whistle it was bloody brilliant.

Just to note though, the Pitch is abit like Vietnam...

I think plaki laki made more sense than this!

Mate no offence but I wanna get on the pitch

could i just ask, what exactly is so exciting about going on the pitch? i could understand it when redfearn scored the penalty cos it guarenteed us promotion. could you please explain your reasoning behind the quote? im not having a go, just wondering whats so exciting

Think he meant that the pitch was like a desert? :blink:

lol.... needs to study his geography then..

".... Vietnam is affected by the monsoon.... "

and

"...Every year there are 100 rainy days and the average rainfall is 1,500 to 2,000mm. The humidity ranges around 80%. The sunny hours is 1,500 to 2,000 and the average solar radiation of 100 kcal/cm2 in a year.... "

if that is a desert then the arabs have really got it bad..

BLESS!

Edited by thetramdriver

It was stupid the kids going on the pitch before the final whistle, they should be taught better than that. In todays climate I guess the naughtiness of running on at the end of the season is one thing that might get a youngster's imagination so I won't get bothered about that.

BUT

Running the length of the pitch to mock

was it Leeds....

was it City....

was it Wednesday...

Was it.... erm... even someone like Huddersfield?

No. It was bloody Cheltenham. Now a town that we never even knew existed, think we are tossers because our muppet contingent decided to party in their face the fact, which was not a fact, that our result had sent them down. That's fair play to a group of guys who are probably the few who have followed their team through the years, none league days and all.

Well done Muppets.

could i just ask, what exactly is so exciting about going on the pitch? i could understand it when redfearn scored the penalty cos it guarenteed us promotion. could you please explain your reasoning behind the quote? im not having a go, just wondering whats so exciting

We were up long before that - Marshall at Portman road got us up. Redders got us the title with the Pen.