Fans on pitch

We were sat there wondering how anyone could raise sufficient excitement within themselves to bother invading the pitch.

I said that it's not too hard when you're ten.

They pointed out a few older people.

I said, sorry, I meant mentally ten.

:blink:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I cant understand anyone who thinks it is brilliant to run onto a football pitch... couldnt give a damn if you are 10 or 40... when i was 10, you knwo what, i played on football pitches every saturday and sunday, and also stood next 5 yards from the pitch at BP every week - so why would I want to go onto that pitch?? Why? we have all stood on grass before...

I couldnt care less with any reasoning on here... you are utterly stupid, a moment where I would like to see some italian style policing... lets see a stupid 16 year old run onto the pitch when there is a riot officer with a nightstick stood 10 yards away...

And those who ran to the cheltenham fans... i'd take a picture of them all and ban them, dont care about their age... as lees says they are some of the most honest fans going, who travelled that distance to support an unfashionable team in rugby country... and now they think we are idiots - thanks a lot...

Just to say - that one moment summed up again why i will never sit in the Chaddy... full of absolute muppets... not all and I have some good friends who sit there, but as far as I can see when the new stand opens the chady will be nothing much more than a glorified Creche.... will even assume that next year when most move in the RRE.

Really, really pathetic behaviour...

It was stupid the kids going on the pitch before the final whistle, they should be taught better than that. In todays climate I guess the naughtiness of running on at the end of the season is one thing that might get a youngster's imagination so I won't get bothered about that.

BUT

Running the length of the pitch to mock

was it Leeds....

was it City....

was it Wednesday...

Was it.... erm... even someone like Huddersfield?

No. It was bloody Cheltenham. Now a town that we never even knew existed, think we are tossers because our muppet contingent decided to party in their face the fact, which was not a fact, that our result had sent them down. That's fair play to a group of guys who are probably the few who have followed their team through the years, none league days and all.

Well done Muppets.

I yield to no one in my respect for farm folk, but sending teams down or landing them further in the mire is a really healthy pleasure.

Who's to say that the Cheltenham fans are the real dedicated yokels from the non-league days? Chances are that they're a bunch of glory seekers. I hope their tractors were alright there in the car park.

Also: the pitch is like Vietnam because occasionally people invade and make a complete arse of it.

"ON THE PITCH! ON THE PITCH! ON THE PITCH!!!

ON THE PITCH ON THE PITCH ON THE PIIIIIITCH!!!"

... the result of which the players were left to walk round to a near empty ground as it took that long to clear the pitch. Don't you think fans / players alike look forward to clapping each other after a long hard season ..........

For a few cheap thrills of running onto the pitch you were sticking two fingers up at the paleyers who have worked hard all year for you.

All those on the pitch ........ SHAME ON YOU!! Left the ground with happy memories of the lookers, heavy heart that some fans simple do not deserve a new stand.

its funny reading some of the quotes on here and its also somewhat depressing...

Now there is no doubt that running onto a pitch while a games is active is big no no....but there are slight exceptions to the rules.....for example I dont think anyone is going to complain about the scenes that followed when a certain pen went in....

But listening to some of the comments on here....pretty much labelling anyone in the chaddy who dares to set foot on the pitch a complete idiot I find it a little depressing...

Football has been watered down over the past 18 years or so into something which isnt all that much fun to go to anymore. I mean seriously, football truly is a middle class game now isnt it. Dont swear, dont get to drunk, make sure u sit down, respect the rules, dont go on the pitch...... Yes its all very nice and polite but football didnt use to be like this and it was a hell alot more fun....

Now I personally think it was pointless for people to run onto the pitch on saturday, both during and after the game. What was the point, we werent going up and we hadnt just stopped ourselves from going down. But reading some of the comments on here there is a real middle class theatre crowd feeling....you know what im on about...

In years gone by I have ran onto the pitch at the end of the season to celebrate with the fleeing players. This was mainly fueld by a lot of alcohol, the stress and tension of the day, the release at the final whistle and basically just being a silly young man. Now I know for some of the theatre crowd among us im a terrible idiotic moron who should be banned from football….but I think its just abit of fun….you know fun….what football used to be about?

I know some of you like what football is these days....but i do question if what football is today will keep it going for another hundred years....this thread is just another example.....

I know some of the people who commented on this thread don’t fit into my statement above but at the same time I know a lot of you do. My message, chill out and stop moaning…..there is more important things….

Edited by oafc0000

its funny reading some of the quotes on here and its also somewhat depressing...

I know some of the people who commented on this thread don’t fit into my statement above but at the same time I know a lot of you do. My message, chill out and stop moaning…..there is more important things….

Well, i'm sorry, but I tend to follow the rules, and the rules say dont go on the pitch... most of those kids and idiots should know the difference between right and wrong, i'm sure most wouldnt steal, assault... or tresspass... and that is what they were doing...

That wasnt celebrating, it was just stupid, 5 minutes before we scored they were already getting ready to run on and cause trouble - it was just pathetic... I dont care what you say, there are bigger things to worry about, but all the people on the pitch were still idiots...

Most importantly - as has been said, it stopped the players getting the ovation they deserved, no-one heard the announcement that they werecoming out after the whistle, and once the idiots had their cheap thrills, they sodded off home for tea and playstation, and to forget oldham even exist, whilst the rest of us had to watch a very embarrased lot of players walk round a rather embarrased looking crowd...

For me it utterly spoiled the end of the season.. we annoyed Cheltenham, and i'm sure the players... yeah, not terrible, but still annoyed me and a lot of other fans...

Now there is no doubt that running onto a pitch while a games is active is big no no....but there are slight exceptions to the rules.....for example I dont think anyone is going to complain about the scenes that followed when a certain pen went in....

But listening to some of the comments on here....pretty much labelling anyone in the chaddy who dares to set foot on the pitch a complete idiot I find it a little depressing...

Football has been watered down over the past 18 years or so into something which isnt all that much fun to go to anymore. I mean seriously, football truly is a middle class game now isnt it. Dont swear, dont get to drunk, make sure u sit down, respect the rules, dont go on the pitch...... Yes its all very nice and polite but football didnt use to be like this and it was a hell alot more fun....

Now I personally think it was pointless for people to run onto the pitch on saturday, both during and after the game. What was the point, we werent going up and we hadnt just stopped ourselves from going down. But reading some of the comments on here there is a real middle class theatre crowd feeling....you know what im on about...

In years gone by I have ran onto the pitch at the end of the season to celebrate with the fleeing players. This was mainly fueld by a lot of alcohol, the stress and tension of the day, the release at the final whistle and basically just being a silly young man. Now I know for some of the theatre crowd among us im a terrible idiotic moron who should be banned from football….but I think its just abit of fun….you know fun….what football used to be about?

I know some of you like what football is these days....but i do question if what football is today will keep it going for another hundred years....this thread is just another example.....

the question is oafc0000, why they ran on during the game. id agree with what you are saying as regards after the final whistle, being a release after survival/ promotion etc, or just a traditional bit of fun at the end of a season, but to invade during a match is what is in question here. nobody invaded during the match except those from the chaddy, which is why i think question marks are being raised against that particular stand and its occupants.

im all for invasion after the final whistle but during the match was moronic.

Edited by philliggi

im all for invasion after the final whistle but during the match was moronic.

I agree wtih during the match....as stated above...dont want people to get the wrong end of the stick...but some people are going further than this and attacking any young / old lad in the chaddy etc etc...

But there is a point ......... the looks on the players faces when they were clapped by a few hundred fans at the end said it all. Personally I try not to lable people, it clearly just wasn't the Chaddy. It was partly the clubs fault I suppose by giving the free tickets to school kids for the last match thus increasing the chances that they would be caught up in he moment and run on also.

Because fans came on the field and it took so long to secure the pitch most fans left in the stands left and at the same time these fans who ran on the pitch also left the ground having their moment of selfisness without bothering to clap the players. That is what as made me angry, by all means go on the pitch but at the same time show some respect the players.

Going towards the Cheltenham fans was shocking and again should be critised ....... won't had been funny if was a club with an 'element' who decided to get on the feild themselves.

On the right occasion .... all for it, try keeping me off when the ft whistle went after redders put it!

Well, i'm sorry, but I tend to follow the rules, and the rules say dont go on the pitch... most of those kids and idiots should know the difference between right and wrong, i'm sure most wouldnt steal, assault... or tresspass... and that is what they were doing...

You seem to be just the sort of person I was talking about them :lol:

You seem to be just the sort of person I was talking about them :lol:

Yeah? - and you seem to be the type of person I was talking about - anyone who is old enough to drink should not get excited about running on to football pitches for cheap thrills. As I said, i grew out of that when I was about 10 and got a life.

What a bunch of numpty brain donors. Their stupidity could have abandoned the game. Their stupidity certainly ruined the send off the players deserved. I felt embarrassed for them, having to take applause from about 200 people out of a crowd over 6000 home supporters.

I just hope that some of the small minded eejits have the brains to be able to read this board and understand (if possible) that the genuine fans are disgusted with them and I'm pretty sure everyone at the club is too. Thank God Cheltenham didn't equalise in stoppage time, we would have looked even more stupid.

And as for going to wind up the Cheltenham fans, I felt ashamed that I had travelled nearly 200 miles to BP to have it ruined by those who have no place at the club and will hopefully never come back.

I suppose they will be back at school tomorrow like good little children, chests puffed out, saying "'Ere, guess wot I done Satdi. I gorron ter t' pitch and nearly buggered up t' afternoon." That is not a slight on the Oldham accent, I'm damned proud of mine. It's an attempt to make the idiots sound gormless. They probably are.

I suppose they will be back at school tomorrow like good little children, chests puffed out, saying "'Ere, guess wot I done Satdi. I gorron ter t' pitch and nearly buggered up t' afternoon."

In these time of illiteracy and inarticulation the ensuing conversation come Monday morning will go something like this:-

"Bazzin' weekend, chillin' wi mi creww, innit. Surfed on da meadow and took five, it woz well gud. Totally dissed da homies from Cheltnum, we'se well 'ard. Safe!"

Edited by oafcprozac

I have never understood the attraction of running onto the pitch. Sprint into the centre circle, jump up and down for a bit, and run back into the stand. Talk about utterly pointless!!

It's a "tradition" that should have died out years ago, along with 5 year old chimney sweeps and the compulsory drowning of witches.

Guest oa_exile
It's a "tradition" that should have died out years ago, along with 5 year old chimney sweeps and the compulsory drowning of witches.

Aye , em wert days :lol:

Yeah? - and you seem to be the type of person I was talking about - anyone who is old enough to drink should not get excited about running on to football pitches for cheap thrills. As I said, i grew out of that when I was about 10 and got a life.

:lol: im far too old to be running around on football pitches....:lol:

:lol: im far too old to be running around on football pitches....:lol:

:lol:

Yeah, so am I... maybe I'm just Jealous???? :wink:

... when hughesy scores in the last minute when we beat Tranmere on the last game of the season to secure our place as league winners i'll be straight on there...

Guest oa_exile

... when hughesy scores in the last minute when we beat Tranmere on the last game of the season to secure our place as league winners i'll be straight on there...

I would go on , but probably cant get over the wall :blink:

Still laugh to myself about Scunny last season , fans spilling onto the pitch :lol:

:huh: ... and as long as those 358 stewards are still guarding the empty RRE, I shouldn't be more than 50 yards behind you if I can get my breath. <_<

:huh: ... and as long as those 358 stewards are still guarding the empty RRE, I shouldn't be more than 50 yards behind you if I can get my breath. <_<

... just popped down to have a look, and the news is, they are still there...

lookersstand008le3.th.jpg

Dont move boys - those seats are looking really threatening....

That was hilarious... about 3 steward at the chaddy, and 300 at the RRE... brilliant lads - well done...

Oh.. and you may be a few yards behind me, but sure you would still outrun most of those stewards!

"Oi, you kids.. get off the pitch!... oh sod it..."

690255_259x400.jpg

Edited by BigfinLatic