Fans on pitch

They should do what i suggested...........

Put a long wire across the edge, as they jump over the barrier the wire gets raised, they hit the floor face first, lose a couple of pearly ones from the front of their mouth. Hey presto, lesson taught. :grin:

I thought i was beinf fair by telling my lad......If the club dont get fined, neither does he.

In all fairness, i think the club will get away with it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My flat mate came back from the last game at Colchesters ground screaming at the fact the Police in full riot uniform surrounded the pitch at the end amd not allowing the fans onto it at the LAST game every at this stadium, some even got arrested........ now being the last game at the stadium this was a little out of order.

However, this is what now happens at every Premiership / Championship ground up and down the country at the last home game... the ones at Leicester this weekend seems to being just waiting for a Wendie to try it looking at some pictures. I suspect this will start to be the norm lower down the league.

People at work have been asking me at work if I was on the field after Lewis goal after seeing it on the Championship .... saying it was a little naughty doing it.

are we under any type of suspended fine from the scunny game?

Nope....wasn't even reported as far as I remember. Think we did have a "spot check" the season after the Bradford survival game when fans went on. That's about it. I'd be utterly amazed and extremely angry if we....an easy target, gets fined whereas Leeds fans disgustingly tried to have a game abandoned but had not one thing said about it.

Nope....wasn't even reported as far as I remember. Think we did have a "spot check" the season after the Bradford survival game when fans went on. That's about it. I'd be utterly amazed and extremely angry if we....an easy target, gets fined whereas Leeds fans disgustingly tried to have a game abandoned but had not one thing said about it.

cheers ross..

that'll be the yardstick then....

Having waded through all the responses to this post I thought I'd add my two penneth worth. A very good mate of mine went on to the pitch on Saturday when Lewis scored and after the final whistle and when i asked him why he said 'Cos it had to be done.' He also went on the pitch at Scunthorpe, which would have been interesting if he had got knicked as I don't think I'd have waited for him (I was giving him a lift home). BTW he's 21 not 11 (although the second is probably closer to his mental age as he isn't the sharpest knife in the draw). As to it having to be done or saying its tradition that's utter Bu**s*** when did this tradition start exactly as I can remember end of season games when almost no-one invaded the pitch because we had finished in the relegation zone or mid-table (without a late escape) and nothing illegal ever 'has to be done' otherwise it wouldn't be illeagal.

Going on to the pitch at anytime without due cause (and when i say due cause i mean a proper reason such as escaping a fire and not because its the end of the season) is illegal and you could be punished for it. However, it is very hard to charge someone under the age of 10 with a crime as they aren't deemed old enough to understand such a thing is against the law. However, I do feel that some of the kids that went on the pitch were well aware that what they are doing was wrong but still did it and got away with it. When these children are older they could start committing more serious crimes because they think they can get away with it so now is the time to educate them about crime and that you don't get away with it. On that note I entirely agree with Chaddy if Oldham get fined I think its a great idea that he fines his child and then gives the money to charity as that teaches them that crime doesn't pay. Plus if someone gives him a few 'digs' because they think it is funny he is well within his rights to give them a few 'digs' back with reasonable force and I applaud him for doing so.

As to the reaction of the Cheltenham fans I remember when the Chaddy seemed to empty after that penalty but I had a great view of what the Wendies were doing and they were definately trying to get on to the pitch presumably to get at the Oldham fans and it was only because of some good policing (note policing not stewarding) that they didn't. Plus remember at Wigan under Dowie when they were promoted after playing us and some of their fans spent a long time taunting us I actually found it quite funny as Oldham and Wigan don't get along and the ones taunting us seemed to be at most 16 and wouldn't have been taunting for too long if Oldham had got on to the pitch. Why didn't any Oldham fans not get on to the pitch because there were police in riot gear stopping us. Can you see something in common here? It was only because Oldham and Cheltenham don't have a problem with us and that Cheltenham fans probably thought we were a bit sad to go on to the pitch like that for a game that didn't matter to us that those 'children' didn't find themselves in a bit more bother.

There are many ways to stop fans getting on to the pitch unless necessary but a lot of these revolve around stadium design which isn't a viable option for Latics at the moment (see Sporting Lisbon's stadium if you want a good idea what i mean). The best way for us is to have police instead of stewards as being a qualified steward I was taught if someone wants to get on the pitch you should mainly let them as you can detain them when they come off, send for the police, if you do stop them you could end up getting sued for whatever reason and it isn't worth your wages to look silly chasing some scally round a pitch. Police don't really have to worry about these things as much and if Latics were seriously worried about fines and or points deduction then they should probably employ police officers as opposed to extra jobsworth stewards for the last game of the season no matter how attractive they are. If 'fans' still want to go on to the pitch then they risk being arrested or if they had any sense would wait until after the players have completed their 'lap of honour' by which time the away fans will have probably left and they are less likely to get us into trouble plus i think the cops might be a bit more lenient about it then too. If they do insist on employing stewards to do what is much more of a copper's job than normal games and are seroius about stopping pitch invasions then they should employ them properly and have them in the stand as opposed to on the pitch stopping any would be pitch invaders from getting to the barriers or have enough that there is a wall of stewards round the pitch. If the club do get fined I say the club has quite a bit of blame for not implementing the necessary measures.

However, I do feel that some of the kids that went on the pitch were well aware that what they are doing was wrong but still did it and got away with it. When these children are older they could start committing more serious crimes because they think they can get away with it....

Lol....read up to this bit and couldn't go any further....for the tears in my eyes through laughter. Hahaha.....brilliant! Ever tried stand up?