todays gate was : 6,400

not bad for last home game but where were those fans who only turned up for the last home game of the season , in the rest of the season????

Decent crowd.

If the performances throughout the season had been better then they'd be there week in, week out.

Perhaps that late Alessandra goal will add 500 on to season ticket sales.

Decent crowd.

If the performances throughout the season had been better then they'd be there week in, week out.

Perhaps that late Alessandra goal will add 500 on to season ticket sales.

cant see that to be honest, was packed with kids who probably all wont come again unless there parents bring them and i didnt see many of them with their kids today, good to see the kids there though and even if it puts a couple of hundred on attendance in future then its better than nothing i spose.

They had the pupils thing for 100% attendance in the Rochdale Road End. It was packed!

and it will only be once a season !! lol

it looked good though having our fans fill almost 4 stands..

be great to see the new one materialise throughtout next season, or whenever!

here's to august!

Guest oa_exile
it looked good though having our fans fill almost 4 stands..

6,400 , that is less than 50% of the BP capacity so how could have been "Almost" full :blink:

Considering how full the RRE was, 6400 seems very low to me. There were more in the Lookers than normal, was the Chaddy unusually empty? Perhaps people from there giving the RRE a look?

Don't forget the Broadway side was taped off. The rest looked quite full, but not packed. Both paddocks were fairly quiet, and lots of space in the Chaddy too.

Considering how full the RRE was, 6400 seems very low to me. There were more in the Lookers than normal, was the Chaddy unusually empty? Perhaps people from there giving the RRE a look?

from my seat in the main stand, the lookers was bare. the upper had very few in, and the paddock didnt have many more. the section near the police box seemed crowded, but the rest was less than half full

from my seat in the main stand, the lookers was bare. the upper had very few in, and the paddock didnt have many more. the section near the police box seemed crowded, but the rest was less than half full

Oh, it was just around me then that was full. I didn't know my fans were so devoted to me :wink:

Was just about to say that! However, the Paddock near the police box was fairly empty (usually has a section there singing at the away fans).

I am a big fan of clubs like Oldham who don't come close to filling the ground to give out free tickets to schools, youth groups etc. Not just a one off, every home game where less than 80% capacity is expected. Growing up I wasn't an Oldham fan properly until I first went to BP, aged 10 I think, even though they were my local team.

I think the passion for a football team builds slowly, unless you are born a passionate supporter, and if you can get local kids who don't support Oldham to turn and find a passion for Oldham, that could turn into extra revenue (tickets when older, merchandise, etc) and build up a greater supporter base.

Even if this only works with 5% of the kids, it is better than having a half empty stadium!

True. As a Lookers stalwart I reluctanly sat in the main stand on a players lounge comp on Saturday. The Lookers looked empty, upper and lower. Looking at the Rocky I concluded most had gone in there to have a nosey for next season.

I was sad to see the Lookers abandoned for its last day.

I assume it isnt open for Ernies' game?