May not be just money

Gary mac has shown flashes of brilliance and a good attitude, but as some have said on here, at times he has defo been annonymous, and next season is by no means a guaranteed starter next season.

If he could get same/ more money elsewhere, whilst going there as a solid part of the first 11 rather than staying here as a squad player, maybe it might be in his best interests to look elsewhere?

I personally would have Jason Jarrett ahead of Gary Mac as I think his all round attacking play is better than gary macs, plus he can also take a decent free kick.

He moved on from Killie after losing his place as a a first choice starter, wouldn't surprise me if he did the same again. Weirdly, I think McDonald at right back and Eardley in CM would be just as good the other way around.

Lol, no thanks! You've clearly forgot his cameo appearances last season at RB in games like Blackpool away (2-2) where his error cost us the win or early doors at Yeovil where he looked as scared as ######!

Many know my thoughts on McD....nice to spot Coco adopting my nickname for him. Casper is a squad player and nothing more. But I'm puzzled at the way some have quoted that he's being Big Billy ###### and commanding a wage coz one poster has come along and thrown it into the mix, completely unchallenged. That's how unfounded rumours begin....a bit like the paper itself and its reporting.

I'd not have a problem with McD staying coz from the bench he could chip in with some big goals for us, but Shez has to have the balls to tell him he's not in his first XI plans, this is what were offering therefore and good luck if you choose to look elsewhere. I personally feel Shez (misguidedly) sees him as something more than that though and thus that conversation probably won't take place.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Fee out of the question as his contract is up. I wouldnt be breaking the bank to sign him again if he is asking a lot of money. Id offer him the same money and if he doesnt fancy it thank him for his efforts and say bye bye. This time last season I was saying things like "If I got the managers job tomorrow the first thing I would do is release Macca" but to be fair to him he has won me over to an extent this season. I appreciate his effort but he still isnt worth any more than the average wage at our club whatever that may be.

Interesting comment. I tend to side with Exile more on this and feel he was a better player last season than this, though to be fair the whole team played better last season (at least for the middle section) and I always felt GM was a factor in that. But players always look better when in a team that is playing well.

I do seem to notice that he makes quite a few good attacking runs into space/the penalty area that go unused - but we haven't been great at breaking with pace this season, prefering to pass it around a bit and then deliver a cross from a spot about 5 yards back from the edge of the area and 5 yards in from the touchline (Earley often the player crossing it in). Not sure this makes best use of him.

Macca may be a player that works better with a more creative player ala Killkenny / Wellens who often looked to slide balls through the defence?

However I do agree with the general view on here - that he is a useful player to have at the club and would be happy to keep him as long as the money was sensible AND he was willing to stay and compete for a place in the team.

Has got stuck in, been box to box as promised when he first came and covers people's ass on some occasions and scored a few goals as well - dont see people's problem with him - would be gutted if he left us for sh1tty Brighton!

thats the problem....on some occasions!!

he hasnt been consistant enough,and tends to go missing.

yes on his day he is an outstanding player and done the job,just unfortunate that he hasnt been on hid regular,he would be a good back up player.

thats the problem....on some occasions!!

he hasnt been consistant enough,and tends to go missing.

yes on his day he is an outstanding player and done the job,just unfortunate that he hasnt been on hid regular,he would be a good back up player.

I think thats the problem with a lot of players at our level though (though not all). If they were consistently brilliant they would be at a higher level. I like Gary Mac and would like to see him stay. If we got a better replacement, he'd still a worthy squad player because a lack of depth is what, in my eyes has cost us the last two years

GMac is the type of player that other teams would love to have, and his highlights package would look great... but as is said here, he aint anything more than a squad player... and unfortunately deserves squad player wages... had a feeling this may happen, but you aint going to break the bank for a player who only plays half your games...

There will be someone out there willing to offer 'big money' for Macca, if they scouted him in a game such as Carlisle, or indeed everton then he looks worth his weight in gold... but take yesterday (I know he want fully fit) but he came on for a half and didnt touch the ball... Eard;ey looked twice the palyer he was and it want even his natural position...

I would liek him to stay, but if he moves on, good luck to him... he has had enough chances and not proved himself, so lets see him make his fame and fortune somewhere else - its not fair on us or him for him to sit in the stiffs on big money...

I also always ask myself when a player leaves, would you be worries to se him on the opposition teamsheet.. (invarariably yes! even if they are awful they score!) but with macca it would eb a resounding NO... Allott would absolutely have him in his pocket... and if it means we can bring JJ in instead, then so be it...

I agree Allott would have him in his pocket but I would still be worried as Macca makes some very clever runs into the box and onto the edge which often result in chances for him. He is a good midfielder, good awareness, clever movement but a little negative with his passing at times. If we are playing Alott (which we will) I think we need someone alongside him who is more often than not looking to force the play. Macca goes missing too many times, so I won't be too upset if he leaves, he's a squad player nothing more until he can get some consistency. It will be sad to see him leave though, he's given us some amazing moments (Everton and Scunny away), he'll always be remembered as a bit of a legend in my book for those goals.

Has got stuck in, been box to box as promised when he first came and covers people's ass on some occasions and scored a few goals as well - dont see people's problem with him - would be gutted if he left us for sh1tty Brighton!

If we are not guaranteeing him first team football though and brighton are, cant blame him

If we are not guaranteeing him first team football though and brighton are, cant blame him