Reality check for some supporters!

The fans of OAFC are entitled to the very best players, ground, lowest prices, free pies and drinks and on no account should they have to be concerned about where the money comes from. Ken B*tes used to scorn the financial geniuses amongst the latics fans eg average gate 5000 at £20 each. so lower the price to £15 and put another thousand on the gate problem solved.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those supporters who isn't prepared to clutch at straws in justifying their contentment with permanent mediocrity?

You try to suggest that I am happy with mediocrity while you sit back being the complete opposite by being totaly unrealistic...

When in fact I sit in the middle, I want success but I’m realistic in how quickly that can be achieved....

If you was a player, who would you join ?

Leeds? Forest? Wednesday ? Leicester ? Southampton ? ....or Oldham ?

The answer might hurt but just deal with it will you......

Edited by oafc0000

The fans of OAFC are entitled to the very best players, ground, lowest prices, free pies and drinks and on no account should they have to be concerned about where the money comes from. Ken B*tes used to scorn the financial geniuses amongst the latics fans eg average gate 5000 at £20 each. so lower the price to £15 and put another thousand on the gate problem solved.

We still wouldn't be able to compete with massive clubs like Doncaster and MK Dons.

You try to suggest that I am happy with mediocrity while you sit back being the complete opposite by being totaly unrealistic...

When in fact I sit in the middle, I want success but I’m realistic in how quickly that can be achieved....

If you was a player, who would you join ?

Leeds? Forest? Wednesday ? Leicester ? Southampton ? ....or Oldham ?

The answer might hurt but just deal with it will you......

Quite. As every Latics fan knows we have never been able to attract players of an equal calibre to those that these clubs have. That's why we have never beaten any of them.

I think you'll find that the light is going to be coming through the big space where the Lookers stand used to be.

You surely can't be serious about there being no continuity with pre-2004.

Not sure what you mean??? Continuity in making a regular loss as we strive for promotion and a better future?

It may have escaped your notice that, unlike TTA, I am not a club owner. That is why I can't do anything apart from watch, and complain as we continue to make no progress. I'm not asking you or anybody else to complain though, so don't worry.

Come on Corp you can do better than that.

I do notice the post count rising quickly since your arrival on the thread.

At least latics are trying to build for the future realistically. Doncaster are basically a non league outfit with mega rich owners, so you are right, OAAFC can't compete with them for that reason. Its a b*llache, but there it is

Quite. As every Latics fan knows we have never been able to attract players of an equal calibre to those that these clubs have. That's why we have never beaten any of them.

While your short snappy paragaphs may be slighty amusing your actually offering nothing constructive to debate...i think now is the time to just start ignoring you....

Not sure what you mean??? Continuity in making a regular loss as we strive for promotion and a better future?

Come on Corp you can do better than that.

Continuity in every way.

Better than what? You mean that I am a club owner and do have an influence over what goes on? And there was me thinking that I was just another fan.

It would be difficult for posts counts not to rise when people are posting.

Continuity in every way.

Better than what? You mean that I am a club owner and do have an influence over what goes on? And there was me thinking that I was just another fan.

It would be difficult for posts counts not to rise when people are posting.

I have never known you mention continuity until 20 minutes or so ago, but.......

Your major gripe is our continuity of status!

Fans can have an influence....there are some excellent examples on here. As it is you are achieving nothing other than satisfying your cult OWTB following.

Yes-let's all applaud the way we can't compete with a jumped up non-league outfit.

How lucky we are!

.........a jumped up non league outfit who are being bankrolled by a multi-millionaire.

Yours views are becoming tedious. It wouldn't be half as bad if you offered constructive ideas, but your continual bitching and moaning (I'm stuggling to think of one recent positive thing to come from your keyboard) about our percieved lack of progress is becoming dull and laughable.

Probably because he hasn't learnt to multi-quote yet. :grin:

I don't know where this debate is going. Once again, the same people have got a hold of it and dragged it to some other topic.

However, this 'we can't compete'. I was under the impression that in terms of results against them we have competed extremely well. We may not have the financial power some have - putting themselves in the red whilst in the process, at least we don't do this - but we are spitting out highly-rated youngsters nearly all the time; Leeds, Donny, Forest certainly aren't. They ignore their youth, very much like Manchester Utd.

We, however, have seen several come into the first team this year, and have done well. They're quality prospects. So, as Forest, Leeds etc contest promotion, we can sit back slightly relieved that we're not throwing crazy money around and offering out daft wages, and let Tony keep on progressing with the young lads, which has seen us earn quite a bit in recent years.

I personally think we can contest with the big guns man for man, and that is what counts. Look at the money Forest have spent in the last 2 year, and look at where they still are...

At least latics are trying to build for the future realistically. Doncaster are basically a non league outfit with mega rich owners, so you are right, OAAFC can't compete with them for that reason. Its a b*llache, but there it is

I would also add that Doncaster on the whole is a town on the up...masses of redevelopment is going on there not just in football, probably to do with the airport etc. I would say they probably are a bigger team than us now and i can see why players would choose to move there over us.

Yes-let's all applaud the way we can't compete with a jumped up non-league outfit.

How lucky we are!

It is, clearly, not a case of Oldham Athletic being unable to compete with Doncaster Rovers. History shows the opposite to be true. It is a case of TTA not being able/willing to compete with John Ryan....

Tell me, why haven't the likes of Leeds, Newcastle, Aston Villa etc been able to compete with Chelsea in recent years??

Tell me, why haven't the likes of Leeds, Newcastle, Aston Villa etc been able to compete with Chelsea in recent years??

Because they have stagnated in the same division for years. wah wah, drone, blather, bore, whinge, attention seek, look at me, drone, wah.

Guest oa_exile
It is, clearly, not a case of Oldham Athletic being unable to compete with Doncaster Rovers. History shows the opposite to be true. It is a case of TTA not being able/willing to compete with John Ryan....

Because Chelski are running at an even bigger loss ?

What I cannot understand is anyone whose main argument is that someone else runs at abigger loss than us.

Completely missing the point that it requires a person or persons of some considerable wealth and interest to do so.

We don't have that, but we are lucky to have some people that are willing to invest some money.

END OF.

Corporal Jones your continued sniping at the ownewrs is frankly baffling, and you know very well how much they have pumped into the club.

So I have one question for you.

How much have they put into the club, net?

now im not a big donny lover but please :lol:

I think you'll find that the light is going to be coming through the big space where the Lookers stand used to be.

You surely can't be serious about there being no continuity with pre-2004.

Ok now you have edited to include 'pre 2004' it makes sense to me...although some of the preceding posts now look silly, mainly mine!

There is some continuity from then of course. Where there isn't any continuity, fortunately, is with the ambition of the club (bar the Moore era which I expect you adored). Lack of ambition/achievement is the crux off all your complaints/posts.....clearly you have missed that boat. Had you been preaching the issue 5/6/7 years ago I would have been right beside you. Thankfully it is no longer an issue - except to you.