Reality check for some supporters!

I have never known you mention continuity until 20 minutes or so ago, but.......

Your major gripe is our continuity of status!

Fans can have an influence....there are some excellent examples on here. As it is you are achieving nothing other than satisfying your cult OWTB following.

What are you talking about? My major gripe might be our continuity of status, but you seem to want to get round this by trying to claim that OAFC goes back no further than 2004, in order to be able to point to falling debts and progress on the football side. This is despite the fact that the current loss level looks good only when compared to the madness of the Chris Moore days and the footballing progress is illusory (we have nearly been relegated, squandered our one real chance of promotion and slipped back to being a mid-table side since 2004, with attendances as low as in the darkest days under Ritchie, if not lower.)

Some fans on here may well be a good influence in a crisis, but ultimately the activist-fan is only a symbol of the farce football has become, where small (and not so small) clubs' very exisence is periodically threatened.

It's £25 per annum to be in my cult following, by the way.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.........a jumped up non league outfit who are being bankrolled by a multi-millionaire.

Yours views are becoming tedious. It wouldn't be half as bad if you offered constructive ideas, but your continual bitching and moaning (I'm stuggling to think of one recent positive thing to come from your keyboard) about our percieved lack of progress is becoming dull and laughable.

They might have be bank-rolled by a multi-millionaire, but who are we 'bank-rolled by? Dustbin men?

The title of the thread contains the words reality check-yet I'm the only one actually laying bare the reality of our predicament while others continue to fool themselves.

I'm not sure where these 'constructive ideas' (like what, for instance?) come into it. Since when were football clubs run on the basis of what people write on message boards?

I didn't hear about the banning order that prevents you from offering constructive ideas.

I hear few of these mysterious 'constructive ideas' coming from the likes of you, Pete. All I see is you following anybody who isn't a blind happy clapper around the board, going tssk.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I would also add that Doncaster on the whole is a town on the up...masses of redevelopment is going on there not just in football, probably to do with the airport etc. I would say they probably are a bigger team than us now and i can see why players would choose to move there over us.

Next year you'll be saying the same or Peterborough; the year after it will be somebody else.

Whatever happens we can always find an excuse for the cringing small-time mentality of the average Latics fan

Because they have stagnated in the same division for years. wah wah, drone, blather, bore, whinge, attention seek, look at me, drone, wah.

You might as well admit that, like so many others, you hate our club's predicament more than I do, but rather than admit it you'd rather whine at people who remind you of it.

What I cannot understand is anyone whose main argument is that someone else runs at abigger loss than us.

Completely missing the point that it requires a person or persons of some considerable wealth and interest to do so.

We don't have that, but we are lucky to have some people that are willing to invest some money.

END OF.

Corporal Jones your continued sniping at the ownewrs is frankly baffling, and you know very well how much they have pumped into the club.

So I have one question for you.

How much have they put into the club, net?

Can you post up the examples of my sniping at TTA?

It was eleven million or so, last time I heard. But they did it out of choice and not because they love you, I or any other fan.

Ok now you have edited to include 'pre 2004' it makes sense to me...although some of the preceding posts now look silly, mainly mine!

There is some continuity from then of course. Where there isn't any continuity, fortunately, is with the ambition of the club (bar the Moore era which I expect you adored). Lack of ambition/achievement is the crux off all your complaints/posts.....clearly you have missed that boat. Had you been preaching the issue 5/6/7 years ago I would have been right beside you. Thankfully it is no longer an issue - except to you.

I've lost track of your ramblings about 2004.

The ambition is paper only so far and the progress on the pitch, as already pointed out, is illusory.

Everybody loved the Moore era before it went sour, you included.

Guest oa_exile
What's wrong with one post-one reply?

Nothing is wrong with one post response's , its the same response's that is wrong , hence the spammer stigma that is getting attached to you.

You USED to be a decent poster , now you just post utter drivel.

.............. and dont tell me not to read them , the way you are spamming you cant help but.

FFS get a grip !

Edited by oa_exile

Nothing is wrong with one post response's , its the same response's that is wrong , hence the spammer stigma that is getting attached to you.

You USED to be a decent poster , now you just post utter drivel.

.............. and dont tell me not to read them , the way you are spamming you cant help but.

FFS get a grip !

It's all a matter of opinion.

Who are you-the Grand Inquisitor?

Guest oa_exile
It's all a matter of opinion.

Who are you-the Grand Inquisitor?

If you want me to be ?

I like Mrs Turbo's post though .......... ouch ! , eh Corp :wink:

Actually it is getting a bit repetative and hard to read.

I take it you don't read much generally?

You'll find that my replies are no longer than anybody else's on average.

Although I do realise that a lot of posters would prefer it if they were allowed to say anything they want, and accuse others of anything without reply.

You might as well admit that, like so many others, you hate our club's predicament more than I do, but rather than admit it you'd rather whine at people who remind you of it.

Not quite, would prefer us to be in the league above but I am looking forward to next season when we will have a nucleus of a young, exciting and home-grown team ready to push on from a top half finish. Some of the defences next season will not be able to live with Smalley, Taylor, Allesandra, Davies and Wolfenden. A few choice additions and we will not be far off.

I stopped letting football rule my life about 2 years ago and have been much better for it, nowadays I only dwell on the good stuff and let go of the bad.

A few years ago we played Wrexham a fair bit, look at them now. Give me "stagnation" over what they have been through these last few seasons.

I take it you don't read much generally?

You'll find that my replies are no longer than anybody else's on average.

Although I do realise that a lot of posters would prefer it if they were allowed to say anything they want, and accuse others of anything without reply.

Actually I am well-read and literate. I also agree with you that your replies are, on average, no longer than any others.

However, having to read ten of your replies in a row all of which seem to say the same thing is tedious. That thing being that you are right and everyone else is rose tinted blinker wearing happy clapping sheep without you having any inclination to even have a peep at the other side of the arguement.

Yes we aren't the most fantastic team around and no, we don't have an open pursed backer, but a little optimism and hope is not a bad thing.

Edited by Mrs Turbo