McDonald Signs for Aberdeen

Oh well, atleast he's had the decency to get it other and done with now and not drag us out until june 21st or something like every other off contract player seems to do with us.

Good luck Gary.

Yep spot on.

Good luck to him, cheers for the memories Gary :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, atleast he's had the decency to get it other and done with now and not drag us out until june 21st or something like every other off contract player seems to do with us.

Good luck Gary.

A decent bloke who's done the right thing for himself and not screwed the club around. Best of luck Gary.

With regards to his crucial goals pointed out by Prozac, fair enough. But what about the rest of the time when he switches off? You could argue that he has contributed to the teams inconsistency the rest of the time. Swings and roundabouts. I think Allott will match Macca's goal tally over 2 seasons.

Said that Latics made him a good offer, but that the lure of SPL was too strong. Seems reasonable .

Good that he sees our offer as decent as that shows we can pay fair money . As for SPL , then if he's with Aberdeen then there's always chance of Eueopean football plus big matches against Celtic < rangers.

For a Scot it all makes sense.

As has been said , he has been up front and made an early announcement which helps us push on. Doubt if he'll be playing at Crewe though!

Guest sheridans_world
Oh well, atleast he's had the decency to get it over and done with now and not drag us out until June 21st or something like every other off contract player seems to do with us.

Good luck Gary.

Agreed, best of luck Gary.

Aye, good luck Gary and thanks for doing the decent thing and signing now rather than on 1st June.

He seems an all round decent bloke, puts the effort in training, doesn't whinge, played wherever he was asked then signed for a bigger club when they came in for him.

Aye, good luck Gary and thanks for doing the decent thing and signing now rather than on 1st June.

He seems an all round decent bloke, puts the effort in training, doesn't whinge, played wherever he was asked then signed for a bigger club when they came in for him.

All the Best Gary Mac.....that goal will be remembered for many years

Good Pro in my eyes...trains hard, doesn't moan, 100% effort and not left us waiting all summer!

cant say im bothered as hes average at best but he has give us some great moments good luck g mac

All the Best Gary Mac.....that goal will be remembered for many years

Good Pro in my eyes...trains hard, doesn't moan, 100% effort and not left us waiting all summer!

Ah well. I don't think he would have played that major role next season, anyway. He was useful, but only witha goal threat as I see it. He didn't have a bite about him, and I believe that we can replace him with better player.

Good luck to the lad, though. He's made a decision, but this is another example of a player blinded by the openness of a very poor league. And yet another example of Scottish clubs playing in the UEFA Cup signing League 1 players.

Ah well. I don't think he would have played that major role next season, anyway. He was useful, but only witha goal threat as I see it. He didn't have a bite about him, and I believe that we can replace him with better player.

Gary Mac or Kalala? guess who we've get left? For me Gary Mac would be better being here should we need to start him in the event this BETTER player doesn't materialize as is often the case!

Gary Mac or Kalala? guess who we've get left? For me Gary Mac would be better being here should we need to start him in the event this BETTER player doesn't materialize as is often the case!

Agreed, much prefer him over Kalala although I still believe we need better than both if we are to mount a serious promotion challenge next season.

Like the majority on here he goes with my best wishes but my favourite memory is his first goal for us against Scunny and my £2 on Gary mac first goal and Latics one nil at 28/1 . I thank you!!

to be honest he got that first goal spot a few times at around 14/1 and made a few people a nice drink for the weekend

Well said Coco, Its the messing about factor that gets people wound up, or playing one club against the other. Think it was realistic to leave as not a first 11 regular if squad injury free.

IF the 4 or 5 new players come in its obvious some will go. JP next?

JP is contracted to us for another year so may not be going anywhere this summer, alot depends on his own personal ambition as he has only been a bit part player this season (even when fit) and I don't see that changing next season either so he may try to get regular first team football elsewhere.

I'm sure Latics wont stand in his way if he does manage to get an offer from elsewhere.

If he hadn’t scored his Zidanesque screamer away at Scunny I’d still be lying awake at night raging against the injustice of that game – they needed punishing for their approach to the match and he was the man to do it. It even ranks above Everton for me as his champagne moment. As everyone agrees he comes across as a great bloke, and I hope he goes on to achieve great things in Scotland. Even Chris Killen managed to raise his game to bag a few times against the Huns, I look forward to Gary doing the same! I honestly wouldn’t have been bothered if he’d started the first game of next season for us, but maybe it’s a good time for both parties to move on.

i absolutely hate these 'my mate who knows him said' type posts, however.

a lad i work with IS mates with him and told me this was on the cards in January.

not someone we'll miss massively, IF replaced. And like already mentioned, it's good he's done it so soon.

And so the annual exodus begins. Entire sides change so much these days over a two season period. Still I guess the younger players who are wanted are all on longish contracts now, well apart from Smalley.

To be fair Lags, I don't think we'll lose that many this close season. I think we MAY try and offload Kalala and Thommo (to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing Thommo fit and playing next season - he can't just have become crap overnight). There was always the risk that Macca would go when you consider that he is likely to only be a squad player and his deal may reflect that.

Norm will gwt a 1yr extension no doubt.

Greegs, Rubes, Eardley, Thommo, Stam (offered extension) Lomax and Black are all contracted

as are

Allott, Taylor, Kalala, Kelly (I think). We may well offer a 1 yr deal to Lids (and he told me that it wouldn't take a lot of money to get him to sign it) and there is a contract on the table for Smalley.

Up top we've got Hughes, Davies, Alessandra and Wolfy all contracted.

The only other player who is currently playing and not contracted is JJ, and I reckon Shez with try and tempt him with a 2 year deal.

We need to add a keeper, a dedicated full back, a left sided midfielder and another striker (who is likely to be Clarke - though I'd like it to be Constantine).

I don't see that there is going to be an 'exodus' - perhaps 2 or 3 at most I would figure.

Oh well, atleast he's had the decency to get it over and done with now and not drag us out until June 21st or something like every other off contract player seems to do with us.

Good luck Gary.

Agree with that Coco.

Whilst I'd like to see him stay as he's a valuable squad player for me and we'll miss the goals he chips in with (and goodness knows we've suffered this season for not having strength in depth), I'm glad that if he is going that he's done it early, been straight upfront about it, and not bad mouthed the club.

Good luck Macca, and the feeling of walking back to our minibus from Goodison will stay with me forever! :aplayer1::Scotland::applause1::bblue2::OASISscarf:

Yeah happy he has got everything sorted quickly, he was a good signing for us, scored some vital goals. I think he was a very important player for us at the start of last season and was a main influence in dragging the team up towards the top when everything looked dire at the start. Probably best both parties moved on.

Worried at where the goals are going to come from in midfield as I don't think there is anyone now really.