SPL versus League One

Not very good outside of Glasgow. Basically the Glasgow giants would be mid table Premier League after that you have the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen who would be Championship standard and the rest League 1 basically.

about that, though Motherwell's recent success would put them in the Championship category

...and Chris Swailes will be replacing the outgoing Muzza and Danny Hall.

Does Fabio Yantorno count as an ex-Latics Player as he was spotted in the gym wearing our training kit? :unsure:

Mind you, he hasn't signed for Hibs yet so maybe he could become a fully fledged Latics player in due course.

Killen had a decent season with Hibs but has hardly got a look in with the Mighty Hoops, even when Venegoor of Hesselink was playing appallingly and they had a load of injuries. It’s a very mixed league, which in a way makes it difficult for the big clubs. You wouldn’t necessarily fancy the same players who can get you to the latter stages of the grown-ups European competition to turn it on against Selkirk Paperboys in a snow blizzard.

Porter has got 15 goals for Motherwell this season. Don't know if that's good because Celtic and Rangers are hard opponents and so difficult to score agianist, or poor because some of the other teams are weak!

Might also have something to do with the quality of service he gets from his teammates.

On balance, probably not a bad record.

Porter has got 15 goals for Motherwell this season. Don't know if that's good because Celtic and Rangers are hard opponents and so difficult to score agianist, or poor because some of the other teams are weak!

Might also have something to do with the quality of service he gets from his teammates.

Porter was always a good player in my eyes because he could get into the positions to score, and Motherwell have a few decent midfielders in there ranks too. They're a small club for Scotland mind

14 goals (26 games) against the pap of the division versus one against Rangers/none v Celtic (six games) certainly backs up both of those arguments. I think he has done pretty well, but still wish he has to finish football due to his face caving in, resulting in spending all his money to look just ugly rather than grotesque, but his bird still leaves him and he ends up ruined living as a tramp singing in bus stations for pennies. But I'm not bitter.

I think he has done pretty well, but still wish he has to finish football due to his face caving in, resulting in spending all his money to look just ugly rather than grotesque, but his bird still leaves him and he ends up ruined living as a tramp singing in bus stations for pennies. But I'm not bitter.

:lol::lol::lol:

What's a Chris Killen?

It's OK, I've looked it up.

Chris Killen (n) -

1. in football, a talented attacker who lets himself down with a poor injury record.

2. in football, an inexplicable phenomenon in which despite holding a club record for scoring in consecutive games, many supporters still claim the owner 'wasn't really that good'.

3. in life, someone who despite his undoubted talent, is punching way above his or own weight and is out of his depth at a distinguished company. See also 'Matthew Wolfenden' and in the context of romantic partner, 'Will Haining'.

Edited by jsslatic

I watch a fair bit of SPL and Rangers and Celtic are premier league standard, I would say the rest of the split are Championship. Any below the split are League one.

Give them the TV Money that the other EPL Clubs receive and they would both be a potent force and a serious challenge to the current "Big Four".

Guest M_OAFC
Give them the TV Money that the other EPL Clubs receive and they would both be a potent force and a serious challenge to the current "Big Four".

So am I the only one with absolutely no interest what so ever in the Scottish League?

The loose interest that most people seem to have in it has just never caught on with me at all. There's nothing wrong with having an interest in it and I can see why people do, similar football culture, geographical proximity, family ties etc but personally I couldn't care less about it. I don't have any dislike for it or anything like that but to me it's just another nation's league and no different to many hundreds of others. It means no more to me than the Venezualan Premier Division.

I don't think I could name you any more than about 5 of the teams in the SPL never mind who's where in the league and other than the ex-Oldham ones the only player I know is that Vanegoor of Hesselink or whatever he's called and that's only because he's got such a crazy name. I'm sure if somebody rattled off a few more names I'd be able to say oh yeah I've heard of him but I wouldn't have been able to tell you for sure that they played in Scotland. My knowledge of and interest in English non-league football is infinitely greater.

So is it just me or is anyone else like that?

I watch a fair bit of SPL and Rangers and Celtic are premier league standard, I would say the rest of the split are Championship. Any below the split are League one.

I wouldn't say any below the split are League 1.

Some are League 2 and some don't even make that. Hamilton and Gretna for instance wouldn't make our league.

Sadly it makes it a bit of a pathetic league (moreso than the Premiership). No one other than Celtic and Rangers can win the league. Half the league can't go down or win anything (unless a benefactor comes in). The remaining few battle relegation for the season (or some of it before the obvious runaway candidate gets relegated).

So am I the only one with absolutely no interest what so ever in the Scottish League?

The loose interest that most people seem to have in it has just never caught on with me at all. There's nothing wrong with having an interest in it and I can see why people do, similar football culture, geographical proximity, family ties etc but personally I couldn't care less about it. I don't have any dislike for it or anything like that but to me it's just another nation's league and no different to many hundreds of others. It means no more to me than the Venezualan Premier Division.

I don't think I could name you any more than about 5 of the teams in the SPL never mind who's where in the league and other than the ex-Oldham ones the only player I know is that Vanegoor of Hesselink or whatever he's called and that's only because he's got such a crazy name. I'm sure if somebody rattled off a few more names I'd be able to say oh yeah I've heard of him but I wouldn't have been able to tell you for sure that they played in Scotland. My knowledge of and interest in English non-league football is infinitely greater.

So is it just me or is anyone else like that?

Zamora Barinas all the way for me. Brilliant result for them last week against Dep. Tachira who are top of the league.

I wouldn't say any below the split are League 1.

Some are League 2 and some don't even make that. Hamilton and Gretna for instance wouldn't make our league.

Sadly it makes it a bit of a pathetic league (moreso than the Premiership). No one other than Celtic and Rangers can win the league. Half the league can't go down or win anything (unless a benefactor comes in). The remaining few battle relegation for the season (or some of it before the obvious runaway candidate gets relegated).

You could say much the same about a lot of national leagues - a couple of dominant teams and the odd one who threatens to deceive when they get a lucky break or pots of cash. Liverpool are nowhere near competing for the Premiership and Chelsea are only there becaues of Mr Money.

Guest M_OAFC
Zamora Barinas all the way for me. Brilliant result for them last week against Dep. Tachira who are top of the league.

I've always been more of a Guaros De Lara man myself