Local Elections

He is the one who spoke out against the development at the first meeting and coined the "60s Russia" phrase to describe the development.

He was curiously absent from the second meeting.

just checked and he did lose his seat, so much for him having a seat for life there, as was previously said.

just checked and he did lose his seat, so much for him having a seat for life there, as was previously said.

Good ridance to bad rubbish - and politicians.

Who was the guy who was Chair of the Planing Committee? Wasn't he the same one that attended residents meetings? Is he still employed by the people of Oldham?

I'd have to check back, but I think from memory the only members of planning committee up for election this year voted in favour both times.

Phil Harrison wasn't on planning committee, but spoke on behalf of the residents at the first meeting. Some would say he was only fulfilling his role as a ward councillor by treating their concerns seriously. Others would say it went a little further than that...

The Chair of planning committee was Stephen Bashforth, also a Royton South councillor, but not up for election until 2011 (he got back in last year).

Edited by garcon

I'd have to check back, but I think from memory the only members of planning committee up for election this year voted in favour both times.

Phil Harrison wasn't on planning committee, but spoke on behalf of the residents at the first meeting.

The Chair of planning committee was Stephen Bashforth, also a Royton South councillor, but not up for election until 2011 (he got back in last year).

Note to self.

Try to buy house in South Royton before 2011

:grin:

Ensure vote is utilised.

Good ridance to bad rubbish - and politicians.

Who was the guy who was Chair of the Planing Committee? Wasn't he the same one that attended residents meetings? Is he still employed by the people of Oldham?

To be fair to Harrison and whilst I didn't agree with his stance on the ground redevelopment, he's done a lot of good work on behalf of residents near me in Royton over the state of the roads around the Beal Valley landfill site.

To be fair to Harrison and whilst I didn't agree with his stance on the ground redevelopment, he's done a lot of good work on behalf of residents near me in Royton over the state of the roads around the Beal Valley landfill site.

exactly, gotta agree when i lived in his catchment area he did a decent job, and whilst i totally disagree with his stance on the latics situation first and foremost he did a decent job for the people who were under his jurusdiction and that for me is what is more important.

Did any of the councillors whom initially voted against latics redevelopment lose their seat in local elections yesterday?

the labour party are getting there just desserts for massive underestimation to there incompetence in handling the economy' controlling immigration 'removing the safety net of the 10 pence tax threshold to the vulnerable, and in the longer term the complete waste of life and limbs in the iraq conflict,the trouble is the other idiots are just as incompetent to...it just irritates me when they spout off political jargon and innuendo's to baffle the average joe blogs then piss of to there mansions to sup pink champagne and indulge in weird sex in dungeons...politition's ...they make my skin crawl..

Guest oa_exile
the labour party are getting there just desserts for massive underestimation to there incompetence in handling the economy' controlling immigration 'removing the safety net of the 10 pence tax threshold to the vulnerable, and in the longer term the complete waste of life and limbs in the iraq conflict,the trouble is the other idiots are just as incompetent to...it just irritates me when they spout off political jargon and innuendo's to baffle the average joe blogs then piss of to there mansions to sup pink champagne and indulge in weird sex in dungeons...politition's ...they make my skin crawl..

Signed

don't worry be happy

:shock:

Cant wait for a post when you are un-happy :grin: