Leicester City

Guest oa exile

Guest oa_exile
Yes another new Stadium for me that will be. Anyone else been?

Yep same as , went to Filbert St a few times but not yet to The Walkers.

Unfortunatly the Lashers survived :mad: 1:1 with Watford

Tense game but not a lot of good football. Best players: Hoola, 'cheating' McPhee. Quiet game for Gorkss, Burgess did nothing other than scoring in 1st min. Watford knew they'd be safe with a draw, so the last 15 min was played out at pedestrian pace, with lots of time-wasting by both sides. With several key players set to leave, Lashers will have a battle on hand to stay up next season. :grin:

Guest oa_exile
I think they will find it very difficult in our league next year, more so than southampton or sheff weds would have done. good result that. still would have prefered the lashers tho.

Well I think that the Foxes's will be in turmoil next season and could land up like the Tricky Trees stuck in Div 1 for a while.

Milan Mandaric has ploughed £10M into the Club so he will not be a "Happy Teddy Bear" and will Holloway survive ?

Well I think that the Foxes's will be in turmoil next season and could land up like the Tricky Trees stuck in Div 1 for a while.

Milan Mandaric has ploughed £10M into the Club so he will not be a "Happy Teddy Bear" and will Holloway survive ?

mandaric will probably walk away and as for Holloway i bet the Plymouth fans are pissing themselves

Would rather Soton to have come down...they're in dire straits financially so as well as not being able to spend to get players in to take them up, they could have been starting on -10.

MM will spend, fingers crossed Leeds win the playoffs so there's less financial clout in L1 next year.

Local fixture, new ground, shuts up the Leicester fans at work - happy days :grin:

And looks like I'll be in the sponsor's box at our place. Should be a good one with a decent crowd, which you need when you've got Colchester and sodding Scunny coming back down.

Happy with Leicester coming down...the team I wanted if not the Lashers. Is it me, or is there something slightly satisfying about Holloway managing a relegated team. Never forget his little speech on the pitch at QPR when they beat us in the semi of the playoffs....as though they were up already. As well, a new ground, a 2hr trip on the coach (good for a few beers on the way etc).....roll on next season!

We'll put that down to Filbert St....fear not....it will be different at the Walkers! :wink:

87-88 we lost 4-1 at Filbert Street, it could've been 10 AND we were awarded two penalties!

88-89 we won 2-1

89-90 Hammered 3-0

90-91 Drew 0-0

95-96 Lost 2-0

bit of a mixed bag (excuse the pun) but if one team is guaranteed to struggle next season it is Leicester, gone majorly tits up for Mandaric, too many has beens within the playing squad and it wouldn't suprise me to see them go into admin over the summer. iF they were to start the season on -10 given how they handled their affairs in 2003 there would be an element of poetic justice with how they played the system, forcing the FL to change their rules on insolvency.

Is it me, or is there something slightly satisfying about Holloway managing a relegated team. Never forget his little speech on the pitch at QPR when they beat us in the semi of the playoffs....as though they were up already.

I dunno. I felt really sorry for him during his interview, he looked rock bottom. Couldn't care less about the QPR thing... he's passionate and you could say karma got him then as Cardiff won the final. I like Ollie anyway, a boss with character.

I really can't remember this one. I remember the others, especially the 0-0 during the promotion season (Wednesday night game, I got told off by a steward for putting my flag up because it was a 'fire hazard').

Steve Claridge scored two, he was partnered by a very young Emile Heskey. Gerry Creaney put in one of the most inept performances from a Latics striker EVER! It was a midweek game, one of those instantly forgettable nights when we failed to have a single effort on target.

I dunno. I felt really sorry for him during his interview, he looked rock bottom. Couldn't care less about the QPR thing... he's passionate and you could say karma got him then as Cardiff won the final. I like Ollie anyway, a boss with character.

His decision to move to Leicester was baffling, surely money isn't the be all and end all to a guy like Olly? Plymouth have been handily placed all season and he quit to move to a club with a dictator in charge, looks like he'll probably be relieved of his duties anyway. Dowie anyone? The serial turd that will not flush away?