Goal Of The Season

Okie-dokie, then. No point whacking in a poll just yet because I don't know what the response this will get...

The title says it all: what was your goal of the season from 07/08 from a Latics player? Whether it be a cracking striker from distance or a beautifully created team goal throw in your choice.

I'm sure many will look at Eardley's on Saturday, but we've also got Macca's at Everton, Reuben's at Leeds, Hughesy's down at Bournemouth, Davies's over at 'Uddersfield (there seems to be a trend...) etc etc.

Personally, I think Reuben's was a delightful effort, especially for a CB. Was it a fluke? I dunno. But to hit a volleyed shot with such comfort is very tricky, and to see one fly in like that is something I can watch over and over.

C'mon, fellows!

Okie-dokie, then. No point whacking in a poll just yet because I don't know what the response this will get...

The title says it all: what was your goal of the season from 07/08 from a Latics player? Whether it be a cracking striker from distance or a beautifully created team goal throw in your choice.

I'm sure many will look at Eardley's on Saturday, but we've also got Macca's at Everton, Reuben's at Leeds, Hughesy's down at Bournemouth, Davies's over at 'Uddersfield (there seems to be a trend...) etc etc.

Personally, I think Reuben's was a delightful effort, especially for a CB. Was it a fluke? I dunno. But to hit a volleyed shot with such comfort is very tricky, and to see one fly in like that is something I can watch over and over.

C'mon, fellows!

Personally it was Hughes' effort vs Brighton turned the defender inside out and finished superbly. A goal worked out of absolutely nothing.

Only going from ones I saw in the flesh, in context I am tempted to go for Hughes’ third at Millwall. GMac’s is the one we’ll be talking about in decades time though.

Beat me too it big man! For me, the third goal by Hughesy at Millwall was technically one of the best goals I have seen from a latics player for many a year... back to goal and turn and volley in one movement - goals such as ruubes, maccas, and even Hughes' goal at bournemouth were pretty much hit and hopes... Hughes' goals at Southend, Millwall and home to brighton were goals that no-one else on the pitch could (deliberately!) score...

C'mon, fellows!

Lee Hughes 3rd against the pussy cats from Millwall nearly caused a riot but what a strike