TTA "HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT"

Yeah, can just imagine that... first tickets sold on the interweb for just Tax (VAT) and then by the time the old guard have got down to BP to buy theirs they are £3k... now that would be a new breed of moaning!

:wink:

Well maybe, but not any more than moan at present.

By Stelio's definition half will be happier.....

So put all them in the Chaddy, and ther reest can go in the RRE and Main stand.!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm echoing what a number on here have said, which kind of suggests that even the hardcore "I'll still buy my ST no matter what" fan realises what the answer to boosting attendances is............

IMPROVE THE PRODUCT ON THE PITCH! No gimmicks, no cut price deals but success breeds awareness breeds interest!

It's scarey that we've got the biggest budget compared to attendance and still underachieved on the pitch. OK, we had injuries but so did every other club in this league.

Sheridan shut up shop with six games to go. So whilst we could have reached the Play-Offs, he signalled his intent to write this season off and concentrate on next season. What impression does that give out to incentivise fans to buy STs? The fans last season voted with their feet because of the quality served up added to the inability of the manager to get consistency from a team that could and should have at least ended the season in the Play-Offs.

Sheridan has retained the majority of the squad and can still field a team for next season that should achieve promotion. Adding to this squad is a bonus so there is no excuses.

The owners needs to realise that a budget exceeding our income isn't the answer but we need to cut our cloth accordingly. It's the manager's job to mould what resources he has and succeed. I'm sure that Ritchie in the Lees era would have bitten off both arms to have the funds that Sheridan has used over the last two seasons!!!!!

Only when we get promotion and the profile of the club increases then attendances will increase. Not only with Oldham fans return but away attendances will increase too along with off-field sponsorship and merchandising revenue.

DON'T BLAME THE FANS BUT BLAME THE MANAGER AND PLAYERS MR CORNEY! They trusted the club over the last number of seasons but the club has failed to deliver. You can't expect people to shell out hard-earned money unless entertainment and success is large probability let alone guaranteed.

It needs to be the more you sell the cheaper they are,

Everyone has a price in mind which they would pay for a st. So as the price falls more people would be inclined to buy.

If you enjoy watching football in Yorkshire, (where I work) you could buy 2 tickets for Bradford and 2 for udders for not much more than 1 for Oldham, if the fixtures are kind happy days.

To have the season we had last year and to only average 6,500 would be more worrying to me that this years figures.

Not really, as we didn't get going until October and fizzled out after February. In the good bit in between much of the town remained sceptical, as is to be expected after ten years of directionlessness and decline, with for the most part former BP regulars trickling back to see what was going on.

I wonder what Corney will say when he sees the poor season ticket sales figures.

Absolutely spot on.

I'd rather they cut back on the playing wages that fit a team our size rather than constantly harping on about how much money they are losing. It isn't going to go away. The crowds aren't going to increase by any great deal. It's tough, but cut your cloth accordingly.

And wave goodbye to promotion; see crowds drop further.

The vicious circle laid bare.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

It needs to be the more you sell the cheaper they are,

Everyone has a price in mind which they would pay for a st. So as the price falls more people would be inclined to buy.

:blink:

Yeah, the commonly known marketing tactic of making sure absolutely no-one buys anything as they are really expensive..

"Go on, buy a ticket, it means the next guy will get one cheaper"

"Err No, what do i get out of it"

"It means that your mate will get one cheaper!"

"Err No, its still a definite no"

"not even if the 20000 person will get one for nowt"

"No, you are an idiot"

If you enjoy watching football in Yorkshire, (where I work) you could buy 2 tickets for Bradford and 2 for udders for not much more than 1 for Oldham, if the fixtures are kind happy days.

Yeah, cos supporters really like juping between teams - especially arch rivals!!!

Sometimes you need to speculate to accumalate!!!!

Down here if you go shopping in Milton Keynes town centre there are attractive young females badgering shoppers to buy MK DONS tickets..... I guess they are commision based and if they dont sell they dont get paid...... Whats the harm in trying that in Spindles

As somebody has mentioned many times on here, spend a bit of money on a big Bill Board at the top of Sheepfoot lane advertising up and coming matches

Have the club send out email promotions to their database of recorded supporters promoting up and coming games

These sort of things are not going to break the bank and might pay for themselves

Finally and most crucial, get the performances right on the pitch and people will come. To many games this season have been non events and to be honest if I was a pay on the day floater I would not have been encouraged to return on many occasions between August and March

Your forgetting that there's no way we can compete with massive clubs like MK Dons.

And Doncaster.

Think you are wrong on this one Lees. The moaning supporter is not the same as the executive of an organisation who is trying to attract support from beyond the core base. I feel sorry for TTA but it doesn't mean he is correct to have a pram rant to improve the situation at a crucial time for renewals. If you are dithering about buying an ST can't see this convincing you to buy. Other than that I can see exactly what you mean.

Where does all this 'feeling sorry for TTA' come from, though? After all, they bought the club voluntarily, for reasons of their own. However, there seems to have been a lack of understanding on their part* of the level of cynicism and disappointment that has taken hold after relegation from the Premier League and failure of past boards to arrest the slide down the leagues, and the more recent couple of false dawns. All of this has resulted in a situation where there is a loss of belief on the part of the casual fan that the club will ever amount to anything again, which is now spreading to the hardcore, as falling attendances demonstrate. Many of those fans that remain exist in a schizophrenic state, in which they talk about being unable to compete with certain other clubs (not just the bigger ones), the necessity of the club 'cutting its cloth accordingly' etc and yet seem to expect promotion. And when promotion doesn't happen they seem surprised at crowds falling further.

All of this takes place against a wider backdrop in which big money owners at a small minority of clubs and the financial structure of the game combine to minimise competitiveness to a level that takes all meaning out of it.

*For the benefit of imbeciles, I am as glad as anybody else that TTA bought the club and do not want them to leave.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

I must say, when we were on the way over to Bury for the OWTBs game the other week, there was some roadside advertising that caught my eye, although it wasn't anything big or flashy. That is definitely something that I agree is worth trying. I'm not so sure how much you would get out of town centre initiatives, if someone finds Oldham Town Centre more entertaining than a football match on Saturday there's probably not a lot of hope for them.

This is the £300k+ we lost in revenue from tickets being sold. Possibly due to the fact nearly evry home game we played was boring. If I hadnt purchased a season ticket I sure wouldnt have paid £20 to get in. Also how about the 500k we got from Trotman, Im sure that nestled nicely in their pockets, and more than made up for the revenue they lost due to the fact they sold by far our best player meaning we werent ever going to pose a serious promotion threat, thus leading to bad gate falls. Thats a pathetic statement and epitomises that they truly are only in it for a nice profit from the stadium. Its pathetic that people stick up for them, saying they love the club. No my friends if you pulled the wool a little aside from your eyes, youll see theyre only in it for the money.

If you want higher crowds, get us the right money for a SERIOUS PROMOTION CHARGE, not many fans will be tempted by " This year our aim is to make the playoffs." Yet again.

Although saying that promotion would mean higher wages for even better players, and that means they would have to shell out more money, so somehow I dont think theyll be too arsed to see us sit in this division, tick over nicely, until the stadium is built, flats are sold and Micah Richards 4-5million sell on fee comes in a nice big cheque through the post.

You could also look at the Asian community within Oldham. I have seen maybe 50 from an ethic background since I've been going. We need to target the upcoming Asian youngsters. If we could get some of their schools interested in a small scheme, just give them a taster of the potential excitement etc.

No Thanks

Why not?

Because he's one of those who hasn't yet grasped that the Asian population is not only here for good, but is set to become about 40% of the town and that nobody can do a thing about it even if they don't like it. Perhaps.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Because he's one of those who hasn't yet grasped that the Asian population is not only here for good, but is set to become about 40% of the town and that nobody can do a thing about it even if they don't like it. Perhaps.

Let him answer, not that he will of course.

There are places on the net where one can air social intolerance with those who are likeminded, I dare say you know of sush websites - This isn't one of them Youngen.

Not being racist but why spend money on pakistanis/bangladeshis trying to come to Latics when we know fully well that they don't like football. Fair enough if we had a chinese population in Oldham then maybe we could. Plus they don't have the spare money to splash out on football.

The match day experience at Oldham is shocking, improve that then you'll gradually win fans back.

This is the £300k+ we lost in revenue from tickets being sold. Possibly due to the fact nearly evry home game we played was boring. If I hadnt purchased a season ticket I sure wouldnt have paid £20 to get in. Also how about the 500k we got from Trotman, Im sure that nestled nicely in their pockets, and more than made up for the revenue they lost due to the fact they sold by far our best player meaning we werent ever going to pose a serious promotion threat, thus leading to bad gate falls. Thats a pathetic statement and epitomises that they truly are only in it for a nice profit from the stadium. Its pathetic that people stick up for them, saying they love the club. No my friends if you pulled the wool a little aside from your eyes, youll see theyre only in it for the money.

If you want higher crowds, get us the right money for a SERIOUS PROMOTION CHARGE, not many fans will be tempted by " This year our aim is to make the playoffs." Yet again.

Although saying that promotion would mean higher wages for even better players, and that means they would have to shell out more money, so somehow I dont think theyll be too arsed to see us sit in this division, tick over nicely, until the stadium is built, flats are sold and Micah Richards 4-5million sell on fee comes in a nice big cheque through the post.

It's certainly an interesting theory as to how to make loads of cash.

Buy a bankrupt Club and then plough in £11m-plus. Suffer personal annual losses of around £750k but only lose £300k this Season because of the sale of Trotman and the inability of the Manager to spend money available to him. Despite that, still plan on losing even more money next Season.

Then hope that Citeh sell Richards and that a profit can be made from the land. Given a fair wind, TTA may get back half of what they have invested by the time it all bears fruit. That of course assumes they plan on trousering the cash - which of course nobody in their right mind thinks that they will. They've got decent reputations you see and they perhaps understand what happened to the previous Chairman when he left OAFC high and dry.

It's a cunning scheme that you've spotted I'll agree. Are you a Financial Adviser by any chance? Non-Asian Clientele of course.

It's certainly an interesting theory as to how to make loads of cash.

Buy a bankrupt Club and then plough in £11m-plus. Suffer personal annual losses of around £750k but only lose £300k this Season because of the sale of Trotman and the inability of the Manager to spend money available to him. Despite that, still plan on losing even more money next Season.

Then hope that Citeh sell Richards and that a profit can be made from the land. Given a fair wind, TTA may get back half of what they have invested by the time it all bears fruit. That of course assumes they plan on trousering the cash - which of course nobody in their right mind thinks that they will. They've got decent reputations you see and they perhaps understand what happened to the previous Chairman when he left OAFC high and dry.

It's a cunning scheme that you've spotted I'll agree. Are you a Financial Adviser by any chance? Non-Asian Clientele of course.

It's the grasping Jews who buy up our football clubs who have deliberately flooded white countries with darkies in an attempt to destroy national identity.

Or summat like that.

Not being racist but why spend money on pakistanis/bangladeshis trying to come to Latics when we know fully well that they don't like football.

/Sheiks head.

There's quite a few Asian footy teams in the Rochdale Sundays, I could crank my neck out and go as far to say this is replicated in similar organisations in Oldham.

/Sheiks head.

There's quite a few Asian footy teams in the Rochdale Sundays, I could crank my neck out and go as far to say this is replicated in similar organisations in Oldham.

I played against loads of Asian teams in my younger days in Oldham. Particularly in the 5 aside Leagues.

Maybe there's a few who like football but they'd much prefer to watch Man U than come to watch Oldham. The fear of coming to a lower league ground puts them off, so they end up at Old Trafford where they fit in more. Don't get me wrong, I couldnt care less if any race/colour was coming to BP but I think we should concentrate our efforts on the white population as we know we could lure these people into the ground on a Saturday with a bit of good marketing. I'd hapily work as the Marketing guy at Oldham because there are many of idea's not being used by the club and they don't do anything about it. Like many people have said - Who is the current Marketing bloke?? If you are reading this please speak up, tell us who you are, what you've done etc..

Not being racist but why spend money on pakistanis/bangladeshis trying to come to Latics when we know fully well that they don't like football. Fair enough if we had a chinese population in Oldham then maybe we could. Plus they don't have the spare money to splash out on football.

What a lot of rubbish....

The match day experience at Oldham is shocking, improve that then you'll gradually win fans back.

What an awful stereotype. Today actually, there was some decent talk about, albeit, Utd's chances at Wigan - some guy used Steve Bruce confidently - so they do care about football.

Yes,I agree, that a lot of the asian community who do take an interest in the sport seem to support the Utds, Arsenals and Chelseas, but when I used to be a paper lad, I worked for a lovely Indian couple, who's son, who is obviously totally westernised shocked me when I saw him serving with a Latics shirt on.

The older heads I doubt like football that much, because they are actually from Asia, but the younger lot is who I'm talking about. I mean, try and get a couple of classes in on a Saturday afternoon, as like a trip or summat, and see how the 8-9 year olds like it. If they don't, fair enough, but there would be some who do really enjoy themselves, and we may just stumble across an extra couple of fans.