FAO DRUMMER BOY

there was only one drum at crewe and it was the legend that is I lol

Correct, sat near me in the first half and then thankfully cunningly moved for the second. This is why peeps probably thought there were two.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me and the drum will be at the back of the rre :) sorry to cause any problems lol

Just asking, not trying to cause a fight, do you enjoy annoying some people or do you feel these people are overreacting?

I have never heard you as I have been exhiled in Aus for the last 6 years, but I am on my way back in the next couple of months and will buy a season ticket each for myself and my wife. I am sure I will hear you soon as I always preferred the RRE, even when we were in the Prem. Didn't like getting kicked out of there when the away fans took the whole stand.

I hope your drumming adds to the occasion, and doesn't annoy me like it does with some of them on here.

me and the drum will be at the back of the rre :) sorry to cause any problems lol

Only problems that would be caused would be for you sorry to say.. The RRE is going to be mostly made up from the people from the old paddocks and Broadway stand, unlike myself who is going into the main stand.

Some fans in the RRE will be, lets just say not as appeasing as some of the fans in the Chaddy ..

There is one way around it thou to stop any idiots giving you hassle !

Learn how to play it properly over the Summer :shock::wink:

Only problems that would be caused would be for you sorry to say.. The RRE is going to be mostly made up from the people from the old paddocks and Broadway stand, unlike myself who is going into the main stand.

Some fans in the RRE will be, lets just say not as appeasing as some of the fans in the Chaddy ..

There is one way around it thou to stop any idiots giving you hassle !

Learn how to play it properly over the Summer :shock::wink:

very touchy subject this really considering how it kicked off and the police got involved.

my personal take on it,is that sometimes it does help to create a bit of atmoshpere,but if it was next to me i wouldnt be happy,and if i moved seats because of it and he followed me around i would have to put my foot through it!!

if people are genuinly not going to renew because of this like last season then i think the club should make a stand and ban it.,the only other place you hear a drum is at blackburn,and he is similar to our drummer,in as much as he isnt very good either.

next season the majority of the singers are going into the rre,do we really want the new atmosphere blighted by a drum???

very touchy subject this really considering how it kicked off and the police got involved.

my personal take on it,is that sometimes it does help to create a bit of atmoshpere,but if it was next to me i wouldnt be happy,and if i moved seats because of it and he followed me around i would have to put my foot through it!!

if people are genuinly not going to renew because of this like last season then i think the club should make a stand and ban it.,the only other place you hear a drum is at blackburn,and he is similar to our drummer,in as much as he isnt very good either.

next season the majority of the singers are going into the rre,do we really want the new atmosphere blighted by a drum???

I didnt follow the guy around...i have been in the same seat since i started playing the drum!!!

I didnt follow the guy around...i have been in the same seat since i started playing the drum!!!

I would say stay in the same seat buddy ..

No need starting all the problems again if you move seats .. But your within your rights to sit where you want and that is the important thing

Personally the drummer is just a kid. I remember at Crewe season before this one finished the only reason he seemed to drum was to wind up the stewards along with his mates even just banging his sticks in front of the police.

His drumming sounds very poor please get rid.

I would say stay in the same seat buddy ..

No need starting all the problems again if you move seats .. But your within your rights to sit where you want and that is the important thing

Exactly. Some people seem to think they can tell him where to sit. Obviously, it's bound to be better for the whole point of the thing if he's near the singing brigade. :huh:

However, I have noticed that we seem to be hanging around for Josh and his drum to start before we get making an atmosphere.

I must ask, though: Josh, have you named the drum yet? :grin:

Exactly. Some people seem to think they can tell him where to sit. Obviously, it's bound to be better for the whole point of the thing if he's near the singing brigade. :huh:

However, I have noticed that we seem to be hanging around for Josh and his drum to start before we get making an atmosphere.

I must ask, though: Josh, have you named the drum yet? :grin:

I not sure anyone as been trying to tell him to sit in a certain place, but there is a genuine concern amoungst a number of fans that have bought ST's in the RRE that he may be sat near them. I would hazard a guess that most people don't want a constant banging in their ears during the game, as he's always been sat in the Chaddy people have choosen to go in the RRE stand.

I've no problem with singing, noise, atmospehere and support. I do have a problem with....

"Oh when the bluuuuuessss... ... .... ...

Go marching in... .... .... ....

Oh when the blueuesssss...BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!BANG!."

The number of times the drummer has killed songs and chants due to an inability to keep time and perhaps a desire to kill off anything not started by his little crew is innumerable. Unless he learns to beat WITH the rythym of the song / chant and to modulate the volume to suit it, he'll get problems.

The lookers was a fine voice for "Oh when the blues" on many occasions, if the drummer kills it, he may well get similar treatment.

Edited by real

I not sure anyone as been trying to tell him to sit in a certain place, but there is a genuine concern amoungst a number of fans that have bought ST's in the RRE that he may be sat near them. I would hazard a guess that most people don't want a constant banging in their ears during the game, as he's always been sat in the Chaddy people have choosen to go in the RRE stand.

100% agree with that. Me, my dad and brother were planning on moving to the RRE from the Lookers this season and sitting fairly near the top of the 'T' section, but i very much doubt my dad would be happy with having the drum right behind us. It's just something I think we can do without as how I understand it, the RRE is gonna have plenty of willing singers, ourselves included and a drum will more than likely just kill the singing rather than help it. I was under teh impression the drum would be in teh Chaddy and I think that's where it should stay. Avoids confusion and unnecessary conflict when people realise they're gonna have it banging in their ear all season long.

I just hope all this promise of a great atmos in the RRE lives up to it's billing - if not, like in the Chaddy last season the drummer DID get things going when it were dead! Think when it is used properly (which I think it is done mostly) really adds something to the atmos!

"...the only other place you hear a drum is at Blackburn" - you want to get out more!

The drummer moving to the RRE seems to be the ideal situation. With the alleged better acoustics at that End, we Chaddy Enders will still be able to hear the drum to accompany our singing. :laught16:

P.S. Where is the evidence that the majority of singers are going into the RRE? I know of those who have refused to sing but are now moving to the RRE. You can't call them singers, but when they start to sing in their new spiritual home it will of benefit to everyone, especially the team. I'm sure eveyone will agree that we need to drum up as much vocal support as possible.

Guest oa_exile
The RRE is going to be mostly made up from the people from the old paddocks and Broadway stand, unlike myself who is going into the main stand.

Upper or Lower ?

Guest oa_exile
Upper I think buddy - Depends if there are any good seats left

Lower for me :exile: "The lower main stand :mainstand: paddock army mafia " :)

Unless it's raining :grin:

Edited by oa_exile

Lower for me :exile: "The lower main stand :mainstand: paddock army mafia " :)

Unless it's raining :grin:

Yep its upper for me .. been this morning t sort 2 ST out .. not on the half way line like I wanted but close enough

Seems the Main Stand upper is nearlr all sold out now by the looks of the charts this morning. I'd say no more than 60 ST seats left ??? :unsure:

I don't have a problem if there is/isn't a drum and whether it is RRE or Chaddy, although I do tend to err on the side of it being pretty unnecessary.

What I would like to see is a bit more common sense from the club and drummer. To be fair to the drummer he was better this season in that he pretty much stayed in the same place (and he is entitled as anyone to get a season ticket), as opposed to the previous season when it was almost a lottery as to where the drum would be...for which I ended up 'unlucky' on one occasion in my season ticket seat.

If he/club would make it public as to where the drum was being located we could all ensure that we aren't sat in the 2/3 sets of seats in front of the thing (incidentally it should also be towards the back!). That way anyone who gets a ticket does so by choice, knowing that the drum is there.

Whether the drum is then responsible for drowning out songs/stopping them...well that is a different question altogether.

All good points

The drummer can be a positive for the crowd if the negatives are worked on ..

But if there is even one person who doesnt honestly not renew their ST due to where the drummer is, if he moves then I'm sorry but the club must BAN the drum !

There are two issue within this debate for me.

Firstly, this lad with the drum had his drum nicked. The club had a story about it and said that his mum forked out to buy him a new drum. Balls.....That was my bloody drum. Somone kindly donated it to me and i was planning when it would be used (ie, was going to take it to an away game which allowed it), the next thing i know, the drum has vanished, the story came out, and i noticed this lad had MY drum.

Secondly, where the hell do i go next season? Do i stay hovering round the Chaddy(Where im named after)? Or do i go up to the RRE to have some fun and wind up the away supporters? Choices, choices.....Its all too much.