FAO DRUMMER BOY

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's your answer folks!

Give the drum back to the Owl.

He can race around the ground accompanying the different singing sections (in time and with rhythm of course).

Then when the away fans start singing he can rush over there and bang it like <where's the censored smiley> to drown them out!

Problem solved :grin:

I not sure anyone as been trying to tell him to sit in a certain place, but there is a genuine concern amoungst a number of fans that have bought ST's in the RRE that he may be sat near them. I would hazard a guess that most people don't want a constant banging in their ears during the game, as he's always been sat in the Chaddy people have choosen to go in the RRE stand.

why don't you put an official complaint in to the club to get the drum banned from the ground,or failing that put your foot through it.

Leezy if the acoustics are as good as they are supposed to be in the Rocky Road then we won't need any drum to make any decent noise.

Will be 1st season I won't be going in the Chaddy End since starting watching Latics over 20 years ago.

Good to see that all our group of singers are all moving to the Rocky. :D

There are two issue within this debate for me.

Firstly, this lad with the drum had his drum nicked. The club had a story about it and said that his mum forked out to buy him a new drum. Balls.....That was my bloody drum. Somone kindly donated it to me and i was planning when it would be used (ie, was going to take it to an away game which allowed it), the next thing i know, the drum has vanished, the story came out, and i noticed this lad had MY drum.

Secondly, where the hell do i go next season? Do i stay hovering round the Chaddy(Where im named after)? Or do i go up to the RRE to have some fun and wind up the away supporters? Choices, choices.....Its all too much.

you are correct the drum was donated and not bought . Firtsly when the chron phoned me (this is his dad speaking) we had no drum and were QUOTED £120 for a new one . the chron took this as if we had already bought it ! Like they say dont believe all you read!!!!!!!! :blahblah:

you are correct the drum was donated and not bought . Firtsly when the chron phoned me (this is his dad speaking) we had no drum and were QUOTED £120 for a new one . the chron took this as if we had already bought it ! Like they say dont believe all you read!!!!!!!! :blahblah:

Another rarely wrong example. :shock:

Well if "his Dad" is still reading, tell him that if he thinks he's bringing his feckin drum to the back of the RRE he can think again. The RRE won't be full of singers, there's a big mix of people going in there ... and us miserable old gits from the Lookers Upper will NOT appreciate the drum ... especially one played with less rythm than a pissed chimpanzee with Parkinsons...

If the bulk of the muppet choir are staying in the Chaddy, then that's where the drum should stay too.

(Oh, and while we're on about behaviour in the RRE - I hope there's none of the chaddy crew in front of us who think it's ok to stand up all game and obstruct the view of those behind... cos if there is they'll be told to sit down or f*ck off).

[/rant]

Edited by garcon

"...the only other place you hear a drum is at Blackburn" - you want to get out more!

The drummer moving to the RRE seems to be the ideal situation. With the alleged better acoustics at that End, we Chaddy Enders will still be able to hear the drum to accompany our singing. :laught16:

P.S. Where is the evidence that the majority of singers are going into the RRE? I know of those who have refused to sing but are now moving to the RRE. You can't call them singers, but when they start to sing in their new spiritual home it will of benefit to everyone, especially the team. I'm sure eveyone will agree that we need to drum up as much vocal support as possible.

your right i do need to get out more,but then again i dont go to away games so i wouldnt know other grounds who have a drum,just the ones i hear ans see when watching match of the day and the championship....

it has been well documented over the last couple of weeks that the majority of people who sing are going into the rre to try and make some atmosphere....this was again mentioned ages ago when the first mutings of moving to the rre were released....i said as much then that if everybody who wasnt happy with the atmoshphere got there heads together and all bought tickets in the same area it would make a good match day experience,this was only mentioned as you constantly had a bee in your bonnett about peoples reluctance to sing at matches....by stating that you will now be able to hear said drum from chaddy end and there is no proof people are moving im guessing your staying in the chaddy end instead of joining the singers in the rre.....fair play but next season dont whinge the singing in the chaddy is bad if your not prepared to join the others and move to create an atmoshphere.

Well if "his Dad" is still reading, tell him that if he thinks he's bringing his feckin drum to the back of the RRE he can think again. The RRE won't be full of singers, there's a big mix of people going in there ... and us miserable old gits from the Lookers Upper will NOT appreciate the drum ... especially one played with less rythm than a pissed chimpanzee with Parkinsons...

If the bulk of the muppet choir are staying in the Chaddy, then that's where the drum should stay too.

(Oh, and while we're on about behaviour in the RRE - I hope there's none of the chaddy crew in front of us who think it's ok to stand up all game and obstruct the view of those behind... cos if there is they'll be told to sit down or f*ck off).

[/rant]

You are gonna love me next vseason then!!!

You trying to say the top class chron reporters DID NOT listen to what was being said and printed something completely incorrect? :ohno:

I cant beleive that, i only hope that never happens with me......... :pray::tongue::ass3::lol1:

I think our stewards are going to earn their money next season.

It's all going to kick off everywhere, and that's just between Latics fans!!!

One thing through blue-forty, you ignore all this critiscism of your drumming, do you enjoy the notoriety?

Do you aspire to be a better drummer?

your right i do need to get out more,but then again i dont go to away games so i wouldnt know other grounds who have a drum,just the ones i hear ans see when watching match of the day and the championship....

it has been well documented over the last couple of weeks that the majority of people who sing are going into the rre to try and make some atmosphere....this was again mentioned ages ago when the first mutings of moving to the rre were released....i said as much then that if everybody who wasnt happy with the atmoshphere got there heads together and all bought tickets in the same area it would make a good match day experience,this was only mentioned as you constantly had a bee in your bonnett about peoples reluctance to sing at matches....by stating that you will now be able to hear said drum from chaddy end and there is no proof people are moving im guessing your staying in the chaddy end instead of joining the singers in the rre.....fair play but next season dont whinge the singing in the chaddy is bad if your not prepared to join the others and move to create an atmoshphere.

"well documented" and "majority of people who sing" - my interpretation of the posts on here is that the people who are losing their seats in the Lookers and other people are moving to the RRE, some of whom want to sing and some don't (e.g. garcon). Not all of those who are moving sing at present. They might start, they might not. You are correct that I'm staying in the Chaddy, but I would love it, just love it, if the RRE has a great atmosphere next season to help the team.

For those with short memories, I have been advocating for years that there should be singing and non-singing sections at BP, but people just laughed. When the move to the RRE was first suggested, I asked on here if there was going to be a designated area for singers, because I would have been happy to join. All that I have deduced from posts on here is that people are stating where they are sitting, without any organisation about it. Fair enough, but I suspect that it will end up with the more vociferous singers scattered so far apart that the 'choir' effect will not be achieved. I hope I'm wrong for the team's sake.

Your final paragraph omits the possibility that the atmosphere in the Chaddy may be better if those who refuse to join in with the Chaddy 'choir' are moving to the RRE. I won't hold my breath on that point - in fact it's very difficult to hold one's breath whilst singing one's heart out for the lads. :lol:

At the end of the day we all want to get behind the team, so all I ask is to be allowed to put up with what others perceive as the Chaddy's faults, and get on with supporting the lads. To do that without the sun, wind, rain, sleet and snow in my face is a bonus!

Guest oa_exile

[/rant]

THUG :grin:

it should only take a few games to get a 'section' where people sing.

i started this thread NOT to provoke debate but as a genuine request to find out where this drum will be. my views on the drum are well known and do not need repeating. the reason i ask is because the location of the drum will affect my choice of season ticket location, i categorically do not wish to be sat anywhere near a drum and have made a genuine request for information. can i please have a 100% truthfull response, i do not feel this is much to ask of anyone with an ounce of maturity. by this i mean can Josh's mother, father or even the lad let it be known before the deadline for discounts. one blue to another, no name calling, no stupidity, no one upmanship, no threats. thank you.

please also bear in mind this board is read by club officials and lying would not be looked upon favourably in view of (m)any(?) possible official complaints.

"well documented" and "majority of people who sing" - my interpretation of the posts on here is that the people who are losing their seats in the Lookers and other people are moving to the RRE, some of whom want to sing and some don't (e.g. garcon). Not all of those who are moving sing at present. They might start, they might not. You are correct that I'm staying in the Chaddy, but I would love it, just love it, if the RRE has a great atmosphere next season to help the team.

For those with short memories, I have been advocating for years that there should be singing and non-singing sections at BP, but people just laughed. When the move to the RRE was first suggested, I asked on here if there was going to be a designated area for singers, because I would have been happy to join. All that I have deduced from posts on here is that people are stating where they are sitting, without any organisation about it. Fair enough, but I suspect that it will end up with the more vociferous singers scattered so far apart that the 'choir' effect will not be achieved. I hope I'm wrong for the team's sake.

Your final paragraph omits the possibility that the atmosphere in the Chaddy may be better if those who refuse to join in with the Chaddy 'choir' are moving to the RRE. I won't hold my breath on that point - in fact it's very difficult to hold one's breath whilst singing one's heart out for the lads. :lol:

At the end of the day we all want to get behind the team, so all I ask is to be allowed to put up with what others perceive as the Chaddy's faults, and get on with supporting the lads. To do that without the sun, wind, rain, sleet and snow in my face is a bonus!

im not having a go.

i was merely pointing out that earlier this season there was mainly yourself advocating that the singing wasnt very good and thus the atmoshphere wasnt what it should be.

after a dozen or so posts the idea of singing section was brought up and the general feel was that it was a good idea,the last i remember on this was that you said you was going to email the club,mr hardy in particular and see if it was a feesable option to have a singing only section.

that was the last i heard of it,until the announcement that the stand was coming down and latics fans were being given the large section.

to which i again stated if everybody that wanted to sing get there heads together and either email each other or organise a meet to discuss the best seats to pick in the rre,because if they didnt do it the club wouldnt......again you was open to this but now say your remaining in the chaddy end.

i honestly hope the atmoshphere is a lot better next season,as the fans in the rochdale road end will be heard everywhere,but those in the chaddy wont.

i honestly think that once the club new the stand was coming down,they should have turned the whole of the rre into the home section and given the chaddy to the away supporters,that way our players would recieve the vocal support they deserve whilst the away fans wouldnt be heard,giving the home team a slight advantage.....but it never happened.

I think it'll sort out reasonably amicably in the end...

As an example, we're a group of six people ranging from 8 years old to 80 years old, with a few 40-pluses in between. We went for fairly high up in the RRE for a decent view and to be out of the weather. And we went fairly central - mainly for the best behind the goal view but also thinking it likely that the singers will congregate at the top corner ... hopefully far enough away not to be a problem to the oldies among us, but near enough to improve the atmosphere a tad (hopefully!) over the Lookers Upper.

As for the drum, I probably came over a bit anti last night. I actually like the idea of the drum, but like alot of others don't particularly want to end up next to it! What I will say (again probably!) is that the drummer could learn some of the songs a bit, and work WITH the singers... a few singers accompanied by the drum could end up as really effective 'cheerleaders' to get the songs going if they work on it a bit.

And given the drummer and his mates were in the Chaddy this season, unless they're ALL moving over, I'd have thought it makes most sense for them to stay put. Whatever anyone else says we can still here it clearly enough from the RRE to spark the singers on our side.

As for the drum, I probably came over a bit anti last night. I actually like the idea of the drum, but like alot of others don't particularly want to end up next to it! What I will say (again probably!) is that the drummer could learn some of the songs a bit, and work WITH the singers... a few singers accompanied by the drum could end up as really effective 'cheerleaders' to get the songs going if they work on it a bit.

Experience suggests that the drummer detracts from the singing of all but his mates, it's all very well saying that you don't mind so long as it isn't close to you, but I am hoping to join the singing section in the RRE and would prefer not to have the accompanyment. I appreciate that the club have a hard time pleasing everybody, but I'm in a quandry about where to sit now.

Ah, who cares... lets all be friends... at the end of the day it wont matter as any noise will drift off accross the rubble of the Lookers into oblivion....

Leaving me and the main stand massive leading the singing! *cough* as always *cough* :wink: