FAO DRUMMER BOY

So the drum will be in the Rocky next season (although being in Rocky would be a better idea). I presume this means that some of the best seats for those that want to sing will now be availible in the Chaddy. Given that the club are using him as publicity maybe they could give him some drumming lessons (or at least lessons on how to not ruin chants or be less of an annoying :censored:). Did anyone else find it funny how the club referred to what is very poor drumming in faux-hip language trying to 'big up' one of the most annoying things about following Oldham.

NO MATTER HOW MANY PPL SIT IN THE CHADDY AND SING YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO HEAR THEM IN THE CHADDY!!!!!

rocky rd end with or without the drum!!!!! (hope without haha)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why it's a surprise to anyone that the drummer is moving. There has been plenty of talk on here that the RRE will provide a much improved atmosphere next season, and loads of talk about how great the acoustics are, allowing the noise from the RRE to be heard for miles around.

Now I'm no expert but I suspect that someone who brings a drum to a match:

1) wants to help create an atmosphere

2) likes to be heard by as many people as possible

To be honest I would have been astonished if the drum had stayed in the Chaddy. Opinion on the drum is obviously split so credit must go to the club for announcing it so that people can make an informed choice on where to purchase season tickets.

Edited by oafc_ok

I don't know why it's a surprise to anyone that the drummer is moving. There has been plenty of talk on here that the RRE will provide a much improved atmosphere next season, and loads of talk about how great the acoustics are, allowing the noise from the RRE to be heard for miles around.

Now I'm no expert but I suspect that someone who brings a drum to a match:

1) wants to help create an atmosphere

2) likes to be heard by as many people as possible

The acoustics were so good at Bristol Rovers that the Rovers' fans in the adjoining section of our stand, and people in houses down the street, got the Police to stop the drummer playing.

The acoustics were so good at Bristol Rovers that the Rovers' fans in the adjoining section of our stand, and people in houses down the street, got the Police to stop the drummer playing.

True, but the only time I have felt the the singers / drum looked like actually worked with each other .......... although must admit we were all very drunk at the time so could be wrong.

I honestly thought they'd stay in the Chaddy. That needs help making noise, RRE will see to itself and then which ever way the team is attacking they will have supporters behind them.

True, but the only time I have felt the the singers / drum looked like actually worked with each other .......... although must admit we were all very drunk at the time so could be wrong.

I honestly thought they'd stay in the Chaddy. That needs help making noise, RRE will see to itself and then which ever way the team is attacking they will have supporters behind them.

At Donny in the Paint Pot the drummer accompanied the traveling few to great effect, except for those who would only sing when the drummer wasn't playing.

Do I have to keep saying, I say....do I have to keep SAYING that with the drum benefitting from the alleged better acoustics in the RRE, the Chaddy Enders will still be able to sing along to its accompaniment. That way everyone's happy.

except for those who would only sing when the drummer wasn't playing.

Diego, it’s human nature that if a group of people try to bugger up your singing, you aren’t going to be too keen to join in with them when they decide they want to do something. I for one am too old to be content to submit to what is basically bullying and join in with them. It’s precisely because of that attitude that a lot of people have moved out of the Chaddy into the Lookers in recent years, and why a lot more people from the Chaddy and even the Main Stand who want to have a decent, united go at creating an atmosphere were looking forward to giving it a go in the RRE next year. Surely you can see why this is very bad news for those of us in that boat?

Diego, it’s human nature that if a group of people try to bugger up your singing, you aren’t going to be too keen to join in with them when they decide they want to do something. I for one am too old to be content to submit to what is basically bullying and join in with them. It’s precisely because of that attitude that a lot of people have moved out of the Chaddy into the Lookers in recent years, and why a lot more people from the Chaddy and even the Main Stand who want to have a decent, united go at creating an atmosphere were looking forward to giving it a go in the RRE next year. Surely you can see why this is very bad news for those of us in that boat?

I was not referring to the pending situation in the RRE and the "group of people" to whom you refer, presumably the Chaddy choir. I referred to the situation at Donny, when there were those amongst the small number of fans present that night, willing to join in with the singing on the stated basis that they would not do so whenever the drummer did his stuff. That appeared to me to be reducing the limited vocal support for sheer bloodymindedness.

In all seriousness the "very bad news" for those of you in that boat can be solved by moving into the Chaddy and giving it a go next season.

No, I meant the group who hang around with the Drummer.

That group is what I refer to as the Chaddy choir - others refer to 'em as Muppets!

There were so few there that night, he was dumming without his "group". He also had his drum stolen by Donny scallies, rumoured to have been paid by the Latics' no-drum-at-any-price brigade. :wink:

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I was sat about two rows in front of him at Donny. Didn't go that well really - not many singers with him.

Fortunately it was cold, so I could pull my woolly hat over my ears... :grin:

Honestly don't mind it at a few away games, but wouldn't want to be anywhere near that close all season at home...

im so glad i didnt get a season ticket early. i was really lokking forward to the RRE and a few beers and a singsong on matchdays, it now appears i will have to drop the few beers element as it appears the RRE will become 'the new chaddy end' in all the wrong ways. i dont fancy a season ticket in the main stand as i moved from there due to the excessive highly vocal negativity of certain sections and suspect the smaller number of fans also of this persuasion in the lookers stand will move across to the main. so oldham athletics (alcohol free) spiritual home it is, although i wont be getting a season ticket there due to the quite high risk it will be absolutely dead and the fact i feel agrieved that my enjoyment of the boundary park matchday experience has been ruined by something that has nothing NOTHING to do with football whatsoever, a drum. a drum. a smegging drum. got about as much historical significance as skysports half time sumo wrestlers or prawn sandwiches. maybe im over reacting, maybe drums should become part of football, maybe i should get a season ticket in the main stand and moan all game if im reduced to such rambling posts. well ive got ten days to mull it over, but at the moment its no season ticket and if thats the case wont be paying £20 on the door to watch us play the mighty colchester or scunthorpe et al. maybe the club is better of without my custom if this is my attitude, maybe. maybe.

gutted.

I'd agree that the Muppet Choir do effectively ruin the atmosphere for a lot of fans, who want to sing but are laughed at when they try to. The best away days this year for singing I felt were Forest and Brizzle...two Tuesday nights when IIRC the MC weren't there in full force (the drummer was there at Bristol but I think with a much smaller group). I understand and agree with LL, there are many who have left the Chaddy for the Lookers for reasons such as this, and the RRE offers a chance as such for those who sing at away games but are hushed by the MC at home games, to sing together (away from the quiet moaners too, many of whom I'd guess will now move to the Main Stand). Now the drummer and his entourage are moving too, the desired scenario won't happen.

im so glad i didnt get a season ticket early. i was really lokking forward to the RRE and a few beers and a singsong on matchdays, it now appears i will have to drop the few beers element as it appears the RRE will become 'the new chaddy end' in all the wrong ways. i dont fancy a season ticket in the main stand as i moved from there due to the excessive highly vocal negativity of certain sections and suspect the smaller number of fans also of this persuasion in the lookers stand will move across to the main. so oldham athletics (alcohol free) spiritual home it is, although i wont be getting a season ticket there due to the quite high risk it will be absolutely dead and the fact i feel agrieved that my enjoyment of the boundary park matchday experience has been ruined by something that has nothing NOTHING to do with football whatsoever, a drum. a drum. a smegging drum. got about as much historical significance as skysports half time sumo wrestlers or prawn sandwiches. maybe im over reacting, maybe drums should become part of football, maybe i should get a season ticket in the main stand and moan all game if im reduced to such rambling posts. well ive got ten days to mull it over, but at the moment its no season ticket and if thats the case wont be paying £20 on the door to watch us play the mighty colchester or scunthorpe et al. maybe the club is better of without my custom if this is my attitude, maybe. maybe.

gutted.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! :angry:

.. so oldham athletics (alcohol free) spiritual home it is, although i wont be getting a season ticket there due to the quite high risk it will be absolutely dead...

If you, and all like-minded fans who wanted to sing in the RRE, sing their hearts in the Chaddy End, it will not be dead and could become a force to be reckoned with once more. :chaddy: We have the power within our throats to change things for the better. Don't let the barstewards grind you down!

I'd agree that the Muppet Choir do effectively ruin the atmosphere for a lot of fans, who want to sing but are laughed at when they try to. The best away days this year for singing I felt were Forest and Brizzle...two Tuesday nights when IIRC the MC weren't there in full force (the drummer was there at Bristol but I think with a much smaller group). I understand and agree with LL, there are many who have left the Chaddy for the Lookers for reasons such as this, and the RRE offers a chance as such for those who sing at away games but are hushed by the MC at home games, to sing together (away from the quiet moaners too, many of whom I'd guess will now move to the Main Stand). Now the drummer and his entourage are moving too, the desired scenario won't happen.

i doubt were alone in these thoughts and i do believe the club have made a mistake in nailing there colours so firmly to the drummer mast without any consultation other than asking him where hes going then saying if you dont like it dont go there. ive just gone back through the OS news archive for the last week or so and found the article. it even says that lots of people asked where the drum will be, i doubt this was so they could all follow it.

Does anybody want popcorn and some prawn sandwiches without their drum?

FFS.....it really is the most pathetic thread I've had the misfortune to glance over.....well, this and the one about kids becoming murderers coz they ran onto the pitch to celebrate a last minute winner vs Cheltenham.

PS And I CAN talk....coz I've sat near the drummer lad for the past 12mths....I don't know him, nor care to. If he's there next season near me, good on him, if he ain't, so be it.