wellens yesterday

If I'd just masterminded my team's arrival at the League 1 Play Offs and had them on the edge a truly unique achievement in terms of promotion from Conf to Champ in 5 years, and my standout midfielder, player of the year had anything wrong with him that would rule him out of the 1st leg, I wouldn't let him play keepy ups in his back garden with his family let alone 11 a-side with a load of fat blokes on a bone hard pitch at his old club under the publlic gaze and scrutiny. I'd let him support the day by all means by attending, put pulling on his boots? No Way. Not sure the insurers would be too happy either.

When we played the Legends game in summer 03, wasn't Earl unable to play due to some coaching he was doing at City, so he just suported the cause from the dugout? Coaching Vs Star Man - doesn't seem right that the 1st shouldn't feature but the second can?

richies dad is due in in an hour so im going to hound him and see if i can get to the bottom of this one because he wasnt impressed with him yesterday

hahaha theres only one richie wellens!!!!!!

i wonder what shez said to say to him on sunday????

Just tell his Dad to tell Ritchie to get his arse back here. Simple really.

i agree totally that its a very strange one indeed,i dont think it would happen at other clubs.....maybe he was told not to play and he just thought sod it,its ernie so im doing it.

credit to the lad for doing it...........as for him coming home so to speak.....i have said a few times i would like to see him back,but only if his consistancy improves....he can undoubtedly murder teams when he is in the mood.....but like gary mac he does go missing a lot.

shez has openly stated he wants a full shift put in every game,so not too sure if its a good idea to have him back.

no no no no no ive just missed him think he ran in then ran out (just like his son haha) ill get him tommorow tho

i keep tellin him to tell him to come back here because we are a bigger and better club than doncaster!!!!

When we played the Legends game in summer 03, wasn't Earl unable to play due to some coaching he was doing at City, so he just suported the cause from the dugout? Coaching Vs Star Man - doesn't seem right that the 1st shouldn't feature but the second can?

I think Earl was set to play but got injured. Apparantly Scholes wanted to play but Taggart wouldn't let him

I think Earl was set to play but got injured. Apparantly Scholes wanted to play but Taggart wouldn't let him

Earl wasn't allowed to play the All Stars game because it would have invalidated his insurance deal that he got at the end of his career. Bloody petty, but that's insurance companies for you.

I'd definately take that

Wellens is no better now than he was when we swapped for a surplus to requirements striker and c£50k. I’d say Taylor would attract a lot more interest from other club now than the Verndog was back then. Ratters and Eardley is the future...

Wellens is no better now than he was when we swapped for a surplus to requirements striker and c£50k. I’d say Taylor would attract a lot more interest from other club now than the Verndog was back then. Ratters and Eardley is the future...

Will Eardley be here next season though? I hope he is, i think he is a fantastic player and the longer he stays with us the better but within the next couple of years he needs to make the step up to the next level if he is fulfil his potential

There is every chance that Eardley will step up to the next level with ourselves next season.

Pretty much depends on the events in Moscow,a win for United would make it a lot easier for a certain midfielder to be loaned out next season.

Eardley,Ratboy and A N Other? hmmmm?