That is a pathetic generalisation - really is - under the cicumstances I think ANY set of fans would have been annoyed by the shortcomings - while I dont condone any fighting you need to put things into perspective - every Gers fan I met and spoke to was friendly, jolly and only too keen to talk about footy and enjoy themselves!

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1555737815

watch that leezy. No excuses for it. Let down by these bigtime. I said yesterday morning the place was a ticking time bomb. That was way before the screen broke - may have been a party atmosphere but there was most definately tension about the place.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/b...bctid1555737815

watch that leezy. No excuses for it. Let down by these bigtime. I said yesterday morning the place was a ticking time bomb. That was way before the screen broke - may have been a party atmosphere but there was most definately tension about the place.

got to agree, walked through town yesterday morning, there were a fair few from the tuesday night stumbling about, and being generally pished up but harmless. went out on me lunch and although a large number were having a laugh, there was, as already stated, a sense of inevitability about the whole thing. then when i walked down to victoria from piccadilly (after the arseholes had already caused the trams to be cancelled in town centre), i turned up oldham street and left past fridays to cut through. as i was walking down this side street (cant remember the name of it, think it might be back piccadilly or summat like that), there was a young girl (19-20 maybe), walking up on her way home from work/college/uni whatever i would assume. on the other side of the street were approx 50-60 rangers "fans" who were nothing short of bladdered (one of whom had decided to use the street as a toilet, and i dont mean having a whizz), this girl walks past and one, who had a can of tennants super strength (you couldnt make this stuff up) and loads of tattoos runs alongside her and rather then have a bit of banter, which im sure we all have done, decided he would grope her and tried to kiss her, then tried to lick her face, i carried on walking in a straight line to make sure i walked right between them, which thankfully appeared to give this girl a chance to get some space and get onto oldham street where there were plenty of police. by the time i got to victoria, isaw this scenario repeated at least 5 or 6 times to varying degrees of ill-taste, as well as the 2 lots of wonderful 'gers i saw and, more unfortunately, heard, making monkey noises and other racist comments at passing asians and blacks.

rangers fans - class personified.

and one last thing, this arguement that Manchester wasnt prepared, what were these arseholes without tickets doing going to manchester knowing they had no chance of getting a ticket?

dicks. end of.

That is a pathetic generalisation - really is - under the cicumstances I think ANY set of fans would have been annoyed by the shortcomings - while I dont condone any fighting you need to put things into perspective - every Gers fan I met and spoke to was friendly, jolly and only too keen to talk about footy and enjoy themselves!

Not really I don't think Leezy.

The scenes in Manchester last night were disgraceful brought about by what is seen as 'The English Disease'. Too much beer, a warm day and a defeat.

There is no excuse for any of that and whilst as football fans in general, and England fans in more of a real sense, many us are tarred with the same brush.

The same doesn't apply to the Scots - they are generally seen as ginger wig wearing happy buffoons - but it just isn't true. If you have ever been to an England Scotland game (and forget Euro 96 when the nanny FA took over - try going to Hampden as an away fan) or any other biggish Scottish Premier League game (especially the Old firm v Hibs, Aberdeen or Hearts) and all you will see is malevolent gangs of lads drunkenly looking for a fight. It is like it was in England 20 years ago only worse.

I bet I have been to over 20 games north of the border and every single one of them has been marred by some of the most shocking violence I have ever seen, including assaults on women, children and officers of the law. Rangers and Hibs (the club that I follow in Scotland) are by far the worst offenders.

We have even seen influxes of Hibs fans at BP and at away games. Wigan away in the playoff season for example - there were hundreds there causing trouble. Millwall at home last season, again the same.

I have been extremely drunk at football many times, in fact more than many times, but I have never ever felt the need to assault officers or destroy property. In the same boat I would have just toddled off and found myself a bar to go and watch the game in. Annoyed maybe but violence isn't an answer to anything.

Given that the footballing world on a whole still sees Scots as drunken Jimmy Crankie-a-likes this will have probably come of something of a shock.

Having seen it first hand on many occassions myself, I can't say I am surprised and I await the passing of the tarring brush with eager anticipation.

KtF,

Derek.

In view of last night's experience, Manc City Council has decided not to erect big screens for the Champions and Second, Third and Fourth Place League Final next week. This won't affect ManUre fans, whose club is in Trafford Borough, which I'm sure will do all it can to lay on facilities for fans of its prized asset.

Guest oa_exile
I remember the Hibs lot turning up at Sunderland back in the 80's - a right set of eejits

My first encounter with the Scots was in the Anglo Scottish Cup in the 70's , Hearts :shock: