Spread the love...

Erm, it's been like that in the Lookers Upper all year.

Quality.

I know what it's been like up there this year - and if it doesn't start with us lot singing on The Back Row (R.I.P) - it doesn't start :grin:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I develop these daft soft spots many teams, mainly those who are given no chance etc. So...

Pompey (liked them for years tbh), Wigan, Hull, Colchester, Plymouth, Hereford, Accy Stan, Morecambe, Rochdale, Burton Albion, Stalybridge, Grays, and Wakefield FC (not so much now, but when they were Emley AFC).

First and foremost... Latics obviously.

Second team... Northwich Vics. They were my Grandad's local side and both me and my Dad look out for their results.

Aberdeen... due to having a few close friends support them up in Fife.

Celtic... Ditto

Barcelona... Lovely city, and a club that in a football world consumed by corporate greed, they still make an ethical stance against it in some way.

Grimsby Town... Through a couple a fellas I know and also due to the fantastic Cod Almighty - the best e-fanzine in the world.

FC Luch-Energiya Vladivostok... The most eastern-based club in a European league. A normal away trip for them is a 13 DAY round trip on the train. How can you not have a soft spot for them?

Arsenal... When Arsenal 'click', there isn't a team on the planet who can live with them.

Boca Juniors... I like the old 'repressed pauper' story that they have behind the club historically. Boca V's River is the biggest football match in the world and you'd never want to be a River fan.

Rochdale... Local reasons, pure and simple. Only want them to do well so we can play them in a competitive fixture.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

stalybridge - went for a laugh and actually enjoyed it. Now I'm a sorta regular ie. ill go if latics are playing somewhere stupid like bristol rovers or yeovil

city - tried to be different to everyone else when i was bout 7 and didnt support united. Follow them now

rangers - mums team

Personally i like loads of team for example there is the mighty whites real madrid, also the german kings werder breman. i like hull aswell but for some reason i like mk dons .

Jesus, another one.

FC Luch-Energiya Vladivostok... The most eastern-based club in a European league. A normal away trip for them is a 13 DAY round trip on the train. How can you not have a soft spot for them?

FMS i know loadsa people with a soft spot for them (well 3 including me:) we were floating ideas about going to watch them, i was trying to persuade people to go for a whole season watching home and away but obviously never going to happen! Vladivostok is also one of the most polluted places on earth which puts you off as well.

FMS i know loadsa people with a soft spot for them (well 3 including me:) we were floating ideas about going to watch them, i was trying to persuade people to go for a whole season watching home and away but obviously never going to happen! Vladivostok is also one of the most polluted places on earth which puts you off as well.

They're 2nd bottom of the Russian Premier Division too, so relegation will mean playing in a more regionalised set-up next season. away trips of only a mere 3 days there 'n' back.

Did you hear about that bunch of Zenit fans who drove to their game at Vladivostok? It's about 2 weeks driving and FOUR oil changes!

Polluted? Yay, it'll be like Manchester in the 80's I bet.

to everyone who has posted on this thread - how many of you actually properly full on 'care' for the non Latics clubs you follow. If I'm honest with myself even defeats in important games for the 4 I mentioned merit not much more than a flicker. There is only one true faith after all.

Are any of you actually gutted if your other teams lose?

As a second team I follow Exeter because of the Big Bank, they're my local team, my brother supports them and because of what I witnessed just down the road from Latics on the day we beat City in the Cup! I hate United and MK Dons for obvious reasons and dislike Argyle.

I'm starting to get into some of the footy abroad and have loads of respect for the Boca/River derby (support Boca out of the two simply coz they play in blue!) and anywhere where there is a fantastic, passionate atmosphere without the hooliganism. I think Germany has the right idea with the standing areas & I'm sure we could bring it back into England at the top levels and still abide by the health and safety regulations.

P.S. After that YouTube clip I think I'm falling for Eintracht Frankfurt!

to everyone who has posted on this thread - how many of you actually properly full on 'care' for the non Latics clubs you follow. If I'm honest with myself even defeats in important games for the 4 I mentioned merit not much more than a flicker. There is only one true faith after all.

Are any of you actually gutted if your other teams lose?

No I'm the same as you, although it's good to see them do well it never hurts me if they do badly.

I only have a couple of teams who i like to see do well (like bosh and shiny i wouldnt say it hurt me at all when they lose) but none come even close to Latics:

-Groningen - lived with a girl from Grun for 6 months..seem like a proper northern team

-Atletico Madrid - from staying in madrid..went to a couple of games of each team and Real just felt like going to the theatre - something i hate in my football

-Everton - i have a very good mate who's a toffee and thought they were sound enough when we beat them

-Pumas - another team I follow because i have a mate who's a fan

-Arsenal - almost forgot them..just about the only Prem team other than Everton i can stand. By far the best footballing team around on their day and love the way Wenger has done it by bringing on young talent and picking up bargains (yeah, yeah i know theyre not english..)

Edited by mikebOAFC

Might have to add Zenit St Petersburg to my list.

Not to get at Rangers fans. I genuinely enjoyed they way they played tonight. Brilliant one and two touch football, an absolute joy to watch (even if their second choice forward was crap).

I like Portsmouth and will be wearing a shirt this weekend in support of them.

Ive got a very fond spot for Pompey also. Just the atmosphere and their rise from being a bobbins team to where they are now. i also love Harry Redknapp, most down to earth manager in Prem League. Also always look for Stockport results as I know a few Stockport lads and they occasionaly come down here and support us and we go down there occasionaly.