Spread the love...

Slavia Prague & Southport.

Noticed one or two mentioned Espanyol.I went to a game there a couple of years ago against Racing & it was the dullest match I`ve ever had the misfortune to go and watch.The match was played at such a slow tempo with no attempts made all match to try and entertain the suffering crowd.It was only a meaningless mid-table affair,but after that you can stick your Spanish togger up your hoop!

Eintracht Frankfurt have also been metioned,whom I try and keep an eye out for.That said I now look out for S.V Hamburg`s scores as well as I went to a U.E.F.A Cup game last season against Liteks Lovech(some Bulgarian pig farmers)and was mightily impressed with their brand spanking new stadium and also prior to kick off they had some guy stood on top of what can only be described as some kind of fire engine crane with a platform on top.He was slowly hoisted up by some mechanical device to close to the summit of the stadium roof and proceeded to orchestrate the home fans chanting with the aid of some booming background music,until they were whipped up to a frenzy! Those kerayzee Germans!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slavia Prague & Southport.

Noticed one or two mentioned Espanyol.I went to a game there a couple of years ago against Racing & it was the dullest match I`ve ever had the misfortune to go and watch.The match was played at such a slow tempo with no attempts made all match to try and entertain the suffering crowd.It was only a meaningless mid-table affair,but after that you can stick your Spanish togger up your hoop!

Eintracht Frankfurt have also been metioned,whom I try and keep an eye out for.That said I now look out for S.V Hamburg`s scores as well as I went to a U.E.F.A Cup game last season against Liteks Lovech(some Bulgarian pig farmers)and was mightily impressed with their brand spanking new stadium and also prior to kick off they had some guy stood on top of what can only be described as some kind of fire engine crane with a platform on top.He was slowly hoisted up by some mechanical device to close to the summit of the stadium roof and proceeded to orchestrate the home fans chanting with the aid of some booming background music,until they were whipped up to a frenzy! Those kerayzee Germans!

Liteks Lovech - didn't she have a hit with 'Lucky Number'?

to everyone who has posted on this thread - how many of you actually properly full on 'care' for the non Latics clubs you follow. If I'm honest with myself even defeats in important games for the 4 I mentioned merit not much more than a flicker. There is only one true faith after all.

Are any of you actually gutted if your other teams lose?

I care very much for Chonburi. I go to all the games, home and away, and it really matters to me. I enjoy Chonburi victories and feel as much pain in defeat as I do with The Latics.

It'll be a close call when we meet in the Eurasian Cup in a few years time :wink:

to everyone who has posted on this thread - how many of you actually properly full on 'care' for the non Latics clubs you follow. If I'm honest with myself even defeats in important games for the 4 I mentioned merit not much more than a flicker. There is only one true faith after all.

Not really, I like the Gers to win and was disappointed last night, but just shrugged my shoulders really. Doesn't matter, nowhere near even a billionth of how gutted I am when Latics lose.

Dont have a "2nd team" - just Anyone But United.

Been to Barca and always look for their results over anyone else abroad.

You beat me to it - I was going to say ABU F.C... :grin: My love of ABU is well-documented on here.

Trying to stay on topic but to me ManU are a similar "franchise" to the one in MK... They have no longer have any local identity etc. (you know the rest)

My other second teams:

Rochdale (Always looked for their results and never thought we would ever be in the same league...)

Barca (Went to their ground and bought a shirt. All I need now is my armchair TV subscription. Viva Catalonia.)

Celtic (Religious reasons. LOL.)

Zenit St Petersburg (Just kidding!)

Man U for family reasons.

Villa and Wednesday purely because I think that the grounds are the best going.

Dale because they are like a little brother.

Never bothered if they lose though, having said that I am rarely gutted (though often disappointed) by Latics losses anymore - it is just a game after all. It has been a long time since my weekend was ruined by a football result.

KtF,

Derek.

The mighty Honest Men, Ayr United.

And always look out for the results at Chadderton and Barnstaple Town.

Spot on though DW.........

Never bothered if they lose though, having said that I am rarely gutted (though often disappointed) by Latics losses anymore - it is just a game after all. It has been a long time since my weekend was ruined by a football result.

The mighty Honest Men, Ayr United.

And always look out for the results at Chadderton and Barnstaple Town.

Spot on though DW.........

im used to us losing too! my memories of latics are 2 relegations and 2 failed play off attempts!! Happy Times!!

Man U for family reasons.

Villa and Wednesday purely because I think that the grounds are the best going.

Dale because they are like a little brother.

KtF,

Derek.

Have you not got a soft spot for Hibs any more mate?

I'd say I'm absolutely gutted about Rangers winning than about Celtic not winning, although obviously there is generally a pretty close linkage between the two.

after Latics I'd say

Stockport - quite a few of my mates support them, they're quite a good team, and have gone through a hard time what with Sale Sharks stealing their ground, but things seem on the up. I must say my respect for them will probably be on hold for 90 minutes if we play them next season

Barcelona - Ethical reasons really, plus one of my aunties went on holiday there once and brought me back a Barca pencil case, so I was lumbered with it at school and it grew from there really

AC Milan - I admired the team they had in the 90's with Maldini, Desailly, Weah, Boban. I would of loved it if they met Man Utd during that period of time because they would of battered them. Also they were formed by Englishmen

Ajax - Similar to the AC, reasons, I've always been a fan of total football and liked the side when they brought through the likes of Davids, Kluivert, Seedorf. Also the apparant Latics link to them with the stripe down the shirt, which is probably a myth, but it's nice when your a lower league club to be linked in some way to a Europen Giant. Finally Amsterdam is an ace place

Farnborough FC (ex-Farnborough Town FC, RIP), champions of the British Gas Business League Southern & South Western Division 1, are my second team (that's where I was brought up).

I also keep an eye out for Brescia (I loved them when they had the attacking Romanian players, including Hagi) and Dunfermline Athletic (because of a girl I knew at university).

Family Friend was born in the Hague and was a fan of FC DEN HAAG, so their my foreign side as I’ve always had their memorabilia and followed them since being a young lad.(hence the pic)

In England, I don’t have one.

Scotland, Celtic