Fleming to sign? Preston now interested!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
Fabian Yantorno was with us,but he has now gone to Hibernian to do his rehabilitation with a view to signing for them.

WOW ! really ? when did you hear this ? :blink:

* The plot thickens *

Why do SkySports have a picture of Yantorno for Greg Fleming's profile picture?

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0..._295551,00.html

They've never even played on the same team. :wink:

Skysports reporting this now:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11730_3574841,00.html

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Why do SkySports have a picture of Yantorno for Greg Fleming's profile picture?

http://www.skysports.com/football/player/0..._295551,00.html

They've never even played on the same team. :wink:

Something's going on and I don't like it one bit. Perhaps 'Fabian Yantorno' is Gretna's version of Danny Knight, and never actually existed. :unsure:

EDIT: Above comment makes it seem like 'Yantorno' at some point played for Gretna, and I'd like it on record that I think such reports are nothing but conspiracy theories perpetuated by the media sitting in their offices on Fleet Street laughing at all of us, eating KFC Family Buckets and pleasuring themselves thinking about the wool they've pulled over OWTB's eyes. I won't be a part of their sordid game and I hope noone else is.

Edited by jsslatic

I guess that's him not signing then.

He snubbed Crewe for us, presumably because we're a better club....Preston bigger and better in the Championship.

Ah well.

NEXT!

I don't think decisions are as linear as that. What may have swayed his decision to us over Crewe is learning under Mark Crossley and then #1 the season after. With PNE, he'll be down the pecking order more and could spend 2 or even 3 seasons warming the bench.

I don't think decisions are as linear as that. What may have swayed his decision to us over Crewe is learning under Mark Crossley and then #1 the season after. With PNE, he'll be down the pecking order more and could spend 2 or even 3 seasons warming the bench.

Here's hoping he's smart enough to think like that.

Guest oa_exile
Here's hoping he's smart enough to think like that.

He is a footballer so "think" and "smart" wont be happening in the "Grey Matter" area , that is why they have agents :lol:

PNE have 3 keepers on the books, all under contract for at least the next coming season. They aint gonna pay him mega bucks to warm their bench

Here or crewe he would be no1 keeper

We could offer him much better prospects than crewe

If we can get a decent keeper who is young and can move I feel he should be number 1, with Crossley as cover. Got nothing against Crossley and I think he has had a decent season but we have to look to the future.

PNE have 3 keepers on the books, all under contract for at least the next coming season. They aint gonna pay him mega bucks to warm their bench

North End's keeper situation is a little more complex than that. Wayne Henderson has been out most of the season just gone with a back injury that looks like it might end his career. He certainly won't be playing for a while. Our third choice keeper, Chris Neal, has only played one first team game (when he came off the bench), and it seems no-one expects him to ever be good enough to break into the first team.

That leaves Andy Lonergan as the only viable option, and he's an outstanding shot-stopper, but doesn't command his area, dithers, and drops the occasional clanger. We're definitely in the market for a keeper who can push Lonergan for the no 1 jersey.

This suggests we've got him too.

Flreming to join/joins Oldham

I think that's just relayed information from what Holland said on Crewe's fishul site a few days ago.

The situation has changed since then because Preston declared their interest....but SSN have reported tonight that we are "poised to sign" him.

According to wiki Fleming has already signed for us. Depends really what he wants, he'll have a much better chance of the number 1 spot here. Think he's due to play for the Scotish Uner-21's tomorrow night. Anyone know if it's on the telly?

Guest oa_exile

Todays rarely wrong , nice to see them jumping on the bandwagon also :lol:

Gretna ’keeper set for Latics - by MICHAEL YARWOOD

ATHLETIC are heading the chase for goalkeeper Greg Fleming after he rejected an offer from one of their league rivals.

Crewe were also pursuing the highly-rated youngster, but Alex coach Steve Holland has admitted they are no longer in the hunt.

Fleming, who will soon leave Scottish Premier League side Gretna as a free agent, informed Crewe he would instead sign for Athletic.

Officials at Boundary Park are still waiting for confirmation – and it’s understood Preston and Dundee United have also made offers – but they appear to be in pole position.

Holland said: “We tried to sign the ’keeper from Gretna, but he has indicated he is going to join Oldham.

“We went to watch him several times and we were impressed. He would have done us for sure, but unfortunately he has opted to go to Oldham.”

Despite Holland’s comments, Athletic admit they are unsure whether 21-year-old Fleming will definitely arrive at Boundary Park.

However, he has built a reputation as one of Scotland’s finest young ’keepers and is a man they have tracked for some time.

The capture of Fleming would bring stiff competition for Athletic’s number-one spot as veteran Mark Crossley has already signed a new deal.

Crossley (38) hopes to begin next season as first choice after being one of the club’s most consistent performers last term.

As a member of the coaching staff, he has an influence over which goalkeeper Athletic sign and will also be responsible for improving his rival’s game.

Fleming, who has been involved with the Scotland under-21 squad, made 30 appearances for Gretna last term and earned rave reviews despite their poor season.

Be great if he signed as we've faffed about with the goalkeeping position for far too long and it would be good to have two top keepers fighting for the jersey, but, until it's on the O.S. that he has signed it will remain just another rumour!!!

Guest oa_exile
.........but, until it's on the O.S. that he has signed it will remain just another rumour!!!

Copy and paste a wonderful invention :lol: