Flag poll

OminousPoultry

options  

33 members have voted

1. 1. choices:

• Make it into 4 flags
    • Make it into 2 flags and sell off small squares to pay for the cost
    • Make it into 2 flags and sell the cut-offs to fans to make their own flags
    • Don't do anything

I've found a company to do the work on this flag. They reckon £90 + vat to cut it into 4 pieces (crest, KTF and the 2 side bits) and also cut side bits into 6'x4' flags for people to buy for themselves.

If we wanted to cut the side bits into small bits (2 inch square?) and sell for a pound to pay for the cost we'd just keep the off cuts and get some scissors....

Barmy Flags have passed this work onto AAflags who are in Darlington so we have to add the carriage onto this but it still will work out at £200 or so. I've also asked them about repairs to the cig burns and rips but they haven't responded yet. I think I'd take it up there to show them exactly what we want doing and let them send it back on a pallet. Mind you they haven't seen the size of it yet just the youtube thing

One problem I see with the small squares option is that only 15 people would want a square - leaving us with acres of flag and an unpaid bill.

So - what do we want to do?

Edited by OminousPoultry

Guest jet_dd34

Don't do anything.

I can see it now, in the distant future.

The Latics flag in a museum, right next to General Custer's. B) Along with faded pictures of the great Latics generals, Joe Royle, Andy Ritchie, John Sheridan, Ronnie Mo.....ooops!

Soz Stevie.

Edited by jet_dd34

Don't do anything.

I can see it now, in the distant future.

The Latics flag in a museum, right next to General Custer's. B) Along with faded pictures of the great Latics generals, Joe Royal, Andy Ritchie, John Sheridan, Ronnie Mo.....ooops!

Who is Joe Royal?

Guest jet_dd34
Nice one DD. ;) We'll let you off, seeing as he was before your time, but write his name out 100 times, then go and wash your hands ready for supper. :P

Bugger!!!!!! Stupid computer!!!! :computer:

Edited by jet_dd34

Guest jet_dd34
Nice one DD. ;) We'll let you off, seeing as he was before your time, but write his name out 100 times, then go and wash your hands ready for supper. :P

:getmecoat::sign0007: :trollarse: :ass3::surrender::toilet::jester::sleeping: :mickey: :dozey: :blush:

Is this enough of an apology? :blink:

Cut it into four.You have the main two pieces,the crest and the ktf bits.Two major pieces(maybe an oasis in the north),but there are more latics fans than us to have a say imo.The main one would be selling the remaining smaller pieces to cover the cost

OK - who's gonna put a link on JKL?

oh - btw - more than happy if the don't do anything vote wins. It'll save a few quid and save us the embarrasment of having a visible show of support and effort in the play off games.....

Cut it into four.You have the main two pieces,the crest and the ktf bits.Two major pieces(maybe an oasis in the north),but there are more latics fans than us to have a say imo.The main one would be selling the remaining smaller pieces to cover the cost

can't believe folk are suggesting "do nothing"???

if so...lets have a bonfire eh!!!!!twonks.

balls to this vote mate,i'm sure we will get the funds to do the right thing in our OWN opinion.

if people ain't arsed...fair do.

but others are,and we will do whats nessesary to get the flag back in public view,and also more usable.

there are loads of clubs in uk who would be jealous of us with such a flag!!!!!!!!

I did debate whether to delete the 'do nothing' option but decided that would just upset someone so rubbish to the Luddites. If that's what they want.....

btw the do nothing option means someone else has to take it back to BP and explain to all the staff who were delighted to see it being revamped that, actually, we couldn't be arsed. Oh, and explain to the Chief Steward exactly why he should accept that fire hazard back in the Chaddy. 'Do nothing' means exactly that - I'll do nothing. It can sit in my garage and someone else can be responsible for taking it back. I'm not arsed about the costs or effort in getting it redone - so the 'do nowt' voters please identify yourselves!!! btw my vote was to make 4 flags.

balls to this vote mate,i'm sure we will get the funds to do the right thing in our OWN opinion.

if people ain't arsed...fair do.

i'm sure we can start the fund ball rolling tomorrow on the beardy bus.

are you looking to do the cheapest and most versatile option-obviously cash must come into it.

even if we just get the 2 main flags sorted first,the decision on the remaining bits can be made when funds dictate.

Guest oa_exile

Right Guys , sorry but i need to step in here :rolleyes:

This is an important issue for some so please others dont start to get personal. I can see emotions are starting to run overdrive and before you know it....... :argue:

Take a back step you already have the Flag in your STAGE 1 complete , now please debate what you are going to proceed in a diplomatic way :wub::gossip::wub:

Thank You , Exile :angel:

Last night I simply voted, but on the back of a string of votes for 'Do nowt, let it rot', I've decided to expand and say that I voted for making two flags and selling the rest for people to make their own flags. This would help fund the main flags and, hopefully, the whole thing would be back on display in BP, albeit in bits and pieces.

This is an important issue for some so please others dont start to get personal. I can see emotions are starting to run overdrive and before you know it....... :argue:

Take a back step you already have the Flag in your STAGE 1 complete , now please debate what you are going to proceed in a diplomatic way :wub::gossip::wub:

i think the point of my post was-why do nothing when other want to do something about it?!!!!

if folk don't want to have it cut up,repaired and used more regularly,what do they want...a rotting bit of cloth???

think you'll find at the moment,the majority want something doing-i was just questioning the "no nothing" voters.

if you don't want people to "get personal" about we'll do nothing-like others....then nothing WILL get done!

someone has to try and kick start it eh! :D

Exile - you are correct. It is an important issue and people are getting involved in it - as punkster says we have to get the ball rolling. Hopefully the votes will out - but what I'll suggest is that on Sunday (the 4th) at 6pm if the 'do something' votes outweigh the 'do nothing' votes then we remove the 'do nothing' option.

How long we take to decide what to do though is another thing - if we want the flags ready for May.

Don't want to be pessimistic about the rest of the season, but how about doing nothing for now so we can parade the full flag in all its glory at the playoff final at the new Wembley then reducing it to smaller flags.

I'm not sure that it's currently in any fit shape, but I'm sure O_P will confirm. And apparently it's Baa'diff.

I may be interested in funding the 2 flags and 6x4 cut offs for fans option - depending on the costs of cleaning, repairing and cutting. Doing nothing isn't an option. Would rather keep the memory of the flag alive if possible. So 2 flags and a load of minatures knocking around the place would be great.

If you remember it has already been cut down from the Wembley appearance to 'fit' into the chaddy. Seem to remember that it wasn't much fun under the flag the last time it was unfurled, esp when you're trying to sing 'blue flag' as the grime was falling off it!!

Keep us posted on costs. In the meantime I'll leave it up to the democratic vote.

Guest jet_dd34
I may be interested in funding the 2 flags and 6x4 cut offs for fans option - depending on the costs of cleaning, repairing and cutting. Doing nothing isn't an option. Would rather keep the memory of the flag alive if possible. So 2 flags and a load of minatures knocking around the place would be great.

If you remember it has already been cut down from the Wembley appearance to 'fit' into the chaddy. Seem to remember that it wasn't much fun under the flag the last time it was unfurled, esp when you're trying to sing 'blue flag' as the grime was falling off it!!

Keep us posted on costs. In the meantime I'll leave it up to the democratic vote.

I was under that flag in the playoffs against QPR and it fair messed my hair and make up about. But I love that flag. :flag013: :latics:

Might seem like a stupid idea but why cant we just leave it as it is? And by that i dont mean leave it at back of chaddy, i mean get the bloody thing out and wave it about at games!!! I mean that IS what its for isn't it?

Guest oa_exile
Might seem like a stupid idea but why cant we just leave it as it is? And by that i dont mean leave it at back of chaddy, i mean get the bloody thing out and wave it about at games!!! I mean that IS what its for isn't it?

One of the reasons is that it is in bad shape and needs repairing , hence the discussions on how to handle it ;)

...and another reason is that some grounds wouldn't allow it in. It's bloody heavy to move. It won't go through turnstiles at away games, and I'm told that the few times it has been got out at home games (last one I remember is play-off semis) it didn't get put away again leaving someone else to deal with the problem. I think a couple of smaller ones would be ideal - easy to take to away games, to actually get in other grounds and also more usable for home games. A smaller banner could also be used in the other 2 home stands.